"Roll on a PvE server"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
12/12/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Aedah
Still not hearing anyone coming out with a solid reason for ganking lowbies that are minding their own business. Just because it is PvP doesn't give you the right to be a jerk to fellow players. Your point is invalid until someone gives me a solid reason why it is okay to camp a level 10 when you're level 90. And....go!

You gave that lvl 90 permission to gank you the moment you agreed to stay flagged every moment you are out in the world... why did you do that if you didn't like it?

You knew when you went to a PvP server that you would a target for the gankers, why are you asking us to give you a reason that they do it?

The thing is, they don't have to come up with any reason other than you are the enemy. You rolling on a PvP server when you don't like being flagged? Now that is what I would be more interested in seeing an answer to.
12/12/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Aedah
LOL, some people need to learn how to read. No one has yet given an answer as to why they find this amusing? The answer is simple, you lack something in your life so you feel the need to abuse others via video game.

How is this abuse? both parties voluntarily entered the same realm.

It's amusing because it isn't real, and some people just love people like so. Your hurt feeds their joybag.
I am so sick of hearing this. There are, what seems like, hundreds of threads these past few weeks complaining about ganking being out of control. These posters make valid points, the response they get 90% of the time? "Roll on a PvE server, baddie."

I really want these morons to understand that a lot of the people complaining about the ganking situation do in fact like PvP, myself included. I like world PvP, BG's, and Arena, however, to me, world PvP is not about one-shotting players 50+ levels lower than yourself. To me, PvP is taking on someone in your level bracket and facing a real challenge.

Being level 20 and being camped by a level 90 is not what a PvP server is for, so telling someone to roll on a PvE server is the stupidest comment one can come up with. Only an inconsiderate, self-loathing moron would think that a PvP server is meant for such a purpose.

Here's an idea. Put up or shut up. If you really need to camp the Dark Portal, or camp low level quest givers to get your jolly's, maybe it is YOU that needs to get off the PvP server because you clearly have ZERO concept of what PvP is supposed to be. If you are so bloody wonderful, get into an Arena team and own!

If you comment saying "Shouldn't be on a PvP server" after reading this, consider your point invalid as I have completely made it clear that saying such a thing warrants no kind of validity and it is nothing more than a moronic comment made by moronic people whose lives are so pathetic that they spend their time attempting to justify their inexcusable, despicable behavior.

I'm sick of people crying to blizz to change how pvp servers work. Deal with it or leave. Tabout as valid as it gets/
12/12/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Aedah
LOL, some people need to learn how to read. No one has yet given an answer as to why they find this amusing? The answer is simple, you lack something in your life so you feel the need to abuse others via video game.

World PvP is never fair and it never will be fair. Just because you're killing someone who is level 90 doesn't mean they're on equal footing. They might be in PvE gear or just bad PvP gear or just bad at PvP. It's still not a fair fight, they don't have a chance to win, the only difference is it takes you more than 1 hit to finish it. If you want fair PvP that's what rated BGs and arena are for. Nothing else is close to fair.
Still not hearing anyone coming out with a solid reason for ganking lowbies that are minding their own business. Just because it is PvP doesn't give you the right to be a jerk to fellow players. Your point is invalid until someone gives me a solid reason why it is okay to camp a level 10 when you're level 90. And....go!

They do have a right, its a pvp server. If the level 10 has put himself where he can be ganked by a level 90 then under the current rule system its ok.

Your saying they have no right, that its not ok does not make it true. Now i have no objection at all to the rules being changed to make it true. But the rules are that way now, they where that way when you first rolled on the pvp server. If you don't like pvp server rules don't assume the rules will be changed if you complain enough. Roll on a pve server.
I get what everyone is saying. I also never said that ganking needs to stop completely. However, I think that something needs to be done to cut it down a notch. The Dark Portal has been camped for weeks...WEEKS! I am dead before my screen loads. There should be a limit to the turmoil one can cause to someone else.
12/12/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Aedah
I get what everyone is saying. I also never said that ganking needs to stop completely. However, I think that something needs to be done to cut it down a notch. The Dark Portal has been camped for weeks...WEEKS! I am dead before my screen loads. There should be a limit to the turmoil one can cause to someone else.

Yes, Blizzard allows the option for a player to pay $25 to change servers.

There, a solution to your problem.

Next.

Roll PVE.
12/12/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Aedah
For the record, I never said that Blizzard should change the PvP servers. I am saying that people, HUMAN BEINGS, should take others into consideration before camping a level 10 player for 2 hours. It is just respectful. Why do people need to make it being a PvP server a reason to be rude, ignorant, and despicable?

Some people actually enjoy that atmosphere, and it's the reason why they choose that server. It's like low-sec ganking in Eve, people don't go there unless they're willing to risk getting ganked. People assume the same of anyone playing a pvp server in WoW.

What your'e saying is like complaining that people use boxing as a reason to beat the tar out of each other.
12/12/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Cocoa
The thing is, they don't have to come up with any reason other than you are the enemy. You rolling on a PvP server when you don't like being flagged? Now that is what I would be more interested in seeing an answer to.

Here is your answer. I rolled on this server because my boyfriend was already on this server. I made friends and re-rolling isn't possible in order to keep said friends. Also, as I believe I clearly stated, I like being on a PvP server, I even like World PvP. My issue is with those who choose to make it un-enjoyable.
Imma assume that this is about the DHK talk.

PVP server is supposed to be risky due to the fact its player vs player.

If you only pvp for BGs, and Arenas, then it doesn't really matter what you pick. If you hate world pvp and the risk of ganking, then PVE servers are right for you.

Will you bads quit trying to get blizz re-implement DHK? This was the worst system blizzard has ever implemented in Vanilla. If it ever returns in any way, shape, or form, i'm unsubbing this game.
12/12/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Aedah

A casual gank here and there may be nothing more than "Stop competing with me or my friend/alt for herbs and/or ores in this zone". Similarly, "stop competing for quest objectives". Legit.

Chronic campers, however? Well, they are bad at actual PvP, but they still would like to delude themselves somehow that they are decent at it.
I remember when I used to play on PvP servers & got ganked repeatedly by much higher level players. I used to complain bitterly & wish that developers could do something about it.

Then I realized that I could solve my problem all by myself, so I started over on a PvE server, & I've never looked back.

So, yea, not sorry to say this OP: "roll on a PvE server."

I accidently grabbed a hot casserole dish once... of course I let go of it fast and my mom laughed and said "... was it hot?" I said "no, it just doesn't take me long to look at a casserole."

If they were camping the portal, it wouldn't take me long to find a different way to the outlands.

=)
[quote="73921745274"]My issue is with those who choose to make it un-enjoyable.

I assure you, those ganking you are THOROUGHLY enjoying themselves.
12/12/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Greenarciah
Chronic campers, however? Well, they are bad at actual PvP, but they still would like to delude themselves somehow that they are decent at it.

My point, right there.
Then I realized that I could solve my problem all by myself, so I started over on a PvE server, & I've never looked back.

Solve the problem yourself?!

The Nerve of you!

You should have complained about it repeatedly and then tried to make up reasons to fit your world view.
12/12/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Aedah

My point, right there.

But you have to realize, those people paid $15US to enjoy themselves, and they must be thoroughly enjoying ganking lowbies to keep doing it.

That's all the reason really, people doing what they enjoy.