"Roll on a PvE server"

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
12/12/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Aedah
No one ever likes getting ganked. But seriously, this game is huge, there is always something to do. Why spend 4 hours camping a portal, or quest giver? It's relentless and honestly, it gets taken way too far.

Why spend 4 hours getting camped at the portal?
12/12/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Aedah
To me, PvP is taking on someone in your level bracket and facing a real challenge.
Opinion noted.
I am done with this. Clearly all you corpse camping lovers out there aren't smart enough to grasp the actual concept this thread was meant for. I did not want the SAME CRAP that has been threading for weeks. All I wanted was to point out that camping lowbies or killing someone who's screen hasn't even loaded yet is a cheap, skill-less version of the PvP you all claim to adore so much.

You can't tell me that you wouldn't be angry if you leveled a new toon and had no choice but to log out and not return to leveling for weeks because the Alliance has taken the town you are resting in hostage.

I'm done bickering with people who fail to understand the words written in front of them.

Well, thank god I'm an altoholic.

If someone camps my toon, after the 3rd death, I'm on another toon, in another part of the game, doing something else.

WoW is first and foremost a ... video game. If you make the game unfun for others, and cause them to unsub, then the $15 per month lost revenue will hurt Blizz, and by extension, all of us players.

Again what of the players who do consider this type of game play to be fun? They pay the same amount as you do and have every right to protect the rule set on their realm of choice.

Did I claim otherwise? I think I can use that question in response to all your posts, actually. Quit finding implications that don't exist.

My point is, Blizz is likely to favor a set of policies that brings in the largest, happiest player base. Whether or not the current policies will do that, is the matter of dispute. The current policies, in my opinion, are harsh on casuals who want to experience PvP gameplay on PvP servers, and will filter a lot of them away, even if they could ultimately become very skilled PvPers given an easier early leveling experience.
12/12/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Aedah
Clearly all you corpse camping lovers out there aren't smart enough to grasp the actual concept this thread was meant for

Many of us don't like corpse camping, hence we rolled on pve servers. We can still respect pvp servers for being what they are.
Xanzul, I mean this from the bottom of my heart and the depths of my soul:

Please stop what you are doing and seek help.

You are arguing for the sake of arguing; that isn't healthy, dude.

Go outside, read a book, adopt a puppy, freaking something other than this.
I am done with this. Clearly all you corpse camping lovers out there aren't smart enough to grasp the actual concept this thread was meant for. I did not want the SAME CRAP that has been threading for weeks. All I wanted was to point out that camping lowbies or killing someone who's screen hasn't even loaded yet is a cheap, skill-less version of the PvP you all claim to adore so much.

You can't tell me that you wouldn't be angry if you leveled a new toon and had no choice but to log out and not return to leveling for weeks because the Alliance has taken the town you are resting in hostage.

I'm done bickering with people who fail to understand the words written in front of them.

You failed to understand what a pvp server really was. Not our fault. So a fitting end to this thread would be "Roll on a PvE server" Good Night.
12/12/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Hinrichs
I agree. And message boards have made it very evident that most people lack in comprehension skills.

Agreed. Evidently there are numerous people who rolled on pvp servers without comprehending what rolling on a pvp server entails. I'm glad I actually read up on the differences when selecting a server.
12/12/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Hinrichs
The way I see it, if a person is on a PVE server they would probably be better listened to on a PVE thread.

Because I understand the differences between server types, I can't comment on those who are unable or unwilling to comprehend?
Clearly all you corpse camping lovers out there aren't smart enough to grasp the actual concept this thread was meant for. I did not want the SAME CRAP that has been threading for weeks. All I wanted was to point out that camping lowbies or killing someone who's screen hasn't even loaded yet is a cheap, skill-less version of the PvP you all claim to adore so much.

Quite a few of the people responding to you (me included) have told you that we aren't on PvP servers, we rolled on PvE servers to enjoy the peace and quiet of questing and flower picking and minding our own business.

That will never happen to most of us, because we rolled on PvE servers.

That would be the people who are claiming not to know what a PvP server was? The ones who stayed there and made tons of alts after they found out.... the ones who have so many friends and guildmates but no one to call on when they need help?

mhmm
PVP means player vs player
it never specifies what level that player has to be to be "fair".

Life isn't fair.
They should warn players when choosing a realm on a PVP server.

Xanzul do you even know what I quoted or are you going to just link something for the sake of arguing.