Warrior nerf almost doesn't matter

Arenas
While the nerf is a step in the right direction, I feel like the bigger problem with the warrior class is the CD stacking.

TFB heroic strikes hit too hard, but so does everything else with reck/avatar/banner/trinkets/etc. Warriors have good, if not the best sustained damage paired with outstanding mobility and utility. Add in the ability to global with oneshot macro, there's really no surprise that they are far and away the highest represented melee class in arenas.
While the nerf is a step in the right direction, I feel like the bigger problem with the warrior class is the CD stacking.

TFB heroic strikes hit too hard, but so does everything else with reck/avatar/banner/trinkets/etc. Warriors have good, if not the best sustained damage paired with outstanding mobility and utility. Add in the ability to global with oneshot macro, there's really no surprise that they are far and away the highest represented melee class in arenas.

Warrior damage outside of cooldowns isn't very scary. Not sure what you are talking about.
Next thing you know they're complaining about Slam hitting too hard.
12/12/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Therápist
Warriors have good, if not the best sustained damage

Stopped reading right there. You're just advocating for nerfs for your own biased agenda.

Gag order - gone
TFB - nerfed.

There are your nerfs.
Download gladiatorlossa, and when you hear the soothing voice say "Reckle-Ava-Skull-Berserke..." just cc/gtf away from the warrior for 12 seconds. Should be fine for another 5 minutes.
12/12/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Locusts
Add in the ability to global with oneshot macro

This was because of taste for blood, it is impossible to "one shot" with the taste for blood nerf. Let the nerf settle in before you go all up in arms claiming !@#$ you don't understand.

Warriors don't even have high sustained damage, wtf. No one has good sustained damage atm lol

What place do ad hominems have in a logical discussion?
*Edit: looks like you edited out the insults. Thanks.

Warriors do, in fact, have high sustained damage. I suggest that you refer to the multiple gladiator/ rank 1 warriors on AJ that all agree that warriors have some of the best, if not the best sustained damage in the game.

You haven't been able to literally one shot since the nerf from 5->3 stacks on resillient targets, but the potential for damage inside of reck/avatar/banner/trinket/etc. is still enough to 2-3 shot something. That being said, just about everything can 2-3 shot something, but nothing else has the sustained pressure+survivability+utility+mobility that the warrior has.

Point being - it doesn't matter that TFB doesn't hit that hard if you can still slam/MS/etc. for enough to 2-3 shot something inside of that cooldown window.
12/12/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Therápist
nothing else has the sustained pressure+survivability+utility

Hyperbole.
Best sustained damage? I lol'd heartily. Troll or idiot.
12/12/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Dummyslash
Download gladiatorlossa, and when you hear the soothing voice say "Reckle-Ava-Skull-Berserke..." just cc/gtf away from the warrior for 12 seconds. Should be fine for another 5 minutes.

Don't even need that.

They turn red and grow huge.
12/12/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Iroñthor
nothing else has the sustained pressure+survivability+utility

Hyperbole.

If you think that's an exaggeration, please elaborate. Which class do you think competes with this combination?
12/12/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Locusts
I suggest that you refer to the multiple gladiator/ rank 1 warriors on AJ that all agree that warriors have some of the best, if not the best sustained damage in the game.

Provide links and maybe people will refer to them. I'd love to see this.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/234688-frost-bomb-hotfix-nerfed-oh-and-warriors-too/page__st__200#entry3819855
12/12/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Locusts
Add in the ability to global with oneshot macro

This was because of taste for blood, it is impossible to "one shot" with the taste for blood nerf. Let the nerf settle in before you go all up in arms claiming !@#$ you don't understand.

Warriors don't even have high sustained damage, wtf. No one has good sustained damage atm lol

100% everything you said. It's pretty sad that all the sustained damage classes are gone :(. I miss my enhance shaman consistent damage from cata, even if they sucked.
12/12/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Vaelseir
100% everything you said. It's pretty sad that all the sustained damage classes are gone :(. I miss my enhance shaman consistent damage from cata, even if they sucked.

Agreed. I enjoyed playing Affliction a hell of a lot more in Cataclysm than playing any warlock spec in PvP right now. It also helped that Affliction was stronger throughout Cataclysm than any warlock spec has been at any point in MoP.
12/12/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Vreivai

Agreed. I enjoyed playing Affliction a hell of a lot more in Cataclysm than playing any warlock spec in PvP right now. It also helped that Affliction was stronger throughout Cataclysm than any warlock spec has been at any point in MoP.

Same. For me affliction was killed by soulburn: soulswap. Putting up all your dots with 1 instant cast that doesn't even have a cooldown is just asking for the dots to be super weak to compensate. NOT FUN. Also I like the concept of demo, but all the damage is just far too focused on burst. Everytime I cast soulfire my heart just dies. I can't stand the gimmicky "blow everything at once" spec that so many classes have become.

The main issue is that pvp effective health is so low. They are taking the right steps by nerfing healing now so that they can also buff resilience and slow the game down a bit. Once they finish it I think you will start to see sustained damage become more prevalent.

As of right now, any class that has a talent choice between 3 different ways to put out damage or healing, a pvp'er will take the talent that most contributes to increasing their burst potential almost without exception. Also for pvp you need to stack resilience so that you don't get inta-gibbed. Such obvious signs that the game is too bursty, yet absolutely nothing has been done to increase effective health....

They can only stack TFB to 1 now. Bit of an overnerf IMO. Should stack to 2 in pvp
Why do warriors think they have bad sustained damage?

Try playing a rogue or pretty much any other melee, they almost all do less sustained than warriors do

Until CD stacking is nerfed or warriors actual damaging abilities are nerfed they will still be the best melee and will still maintain ridiculous representation