Frost Bomb nerfed by 50%

Arenas
blizzard: "hmm, let's see if *this* works" *closes eyes and prays as they hit the red button that makes the change go live*
You guys have it wrong, it's frost bomb damage when fire blast is used to detonate.
It's not live yet afaik, Draxx just cleared it up in a blue post right now, look for it :).
I still love sitting a deep from 100% to dead and it not breaking. feels great man.
Alright guys, frostbomb got its nerf. Can we stop crying about mages now?
12/11/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Esmee
frostbomb got its nerf.

Ehh, not really. Just makes it slightly harder to pull off the same ridiculous damage. Blanket nerf demonology's only form of real burst, which came four times less frequently, but only pseudo nerf frost bomb? Riiight. How about reverting the chaos wave change and just fixing the talent that made it too high? Or do only mages get this kinda treatment?
Anyone claiming that this isn't a real nerf is an idiot. Any healer worth anything will dispel frost bomb, and almost every class has an inbuilt way to cleanse magic effects on themselves as well. This isn't a "ridiculous damage is now slightly harder to do." This essentially translates to a 50% PvP nerf, and anyone saying otherwise is just salty that mages didn't get nerfed into oblivion. Will it still be too powerful against 2s teams with no dispeller? Definitely, but this proves that Blizzard is balancing with 3s and RBGs in mind, and this is a huge, huge deal.
Ehh, not really. Just makes it slightly harder to pull off the same ridiculous damage. Blanket nerf demonology's only form of real burst, which came four times less frequently, but only pseudo nerf frost bomb? Riiight. How about reverting the chaos wave change and just fixing the talent that made it too high? Or do only mages get this kinda treatment?
First of all, Its currently reducing frostbombs damage entirely by 50%, regardless of how it detonates. Secondly, are you seriously going into "Yeah but I got nerfed harder bro"?
seems like its going to bother PvE more than it would PvP to be honest
12/11/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Dimitrius
dont worry they nerfed healing by another 15% so mages can still faceroll us

You're a Holy Paladin. You can do 1mil heals with zero mana. What are you complaining about again?
Is everyone missing the point? It wasn't the glyph it's the bomb itself doing this much dmg. now it has a TfB treatment as it will be less frequent but still 1 shot ability. Example.

Mage -> Sheep DPS class to peel off his healer or other teammate OR to stop a burst CD in general on himself.

Healer -> Dispel sheep. 8 SECOND COOLDOWN

Mage -> Frost bomb healer -> wait 2.5 seconds -> DEEP FREEZE -> DEAD HEALER.

>>>> DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF FROST BOMB DOING RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE <<<<

Solution: Decrease frost bomb damage by 35% over all, buff frost bolt damage by 15-20%. DONE. SIMPLE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE. PAY ME BILLIONS OF DOLLARZ! BALANCE FOR FREE.
okay so when does that stop a mage from still gibbing you when your healer is in a CC chain of death that we all know is NOT hard to pull off

oh you still get gibbed

doesn't fix the problemmm

At least now they can't solo healers as easily and insta gib QUITE as easily.

Also remember they added an extra second to the countdown timer, so that is actually relevant now.
Is everyone missing the point? It wasn't the glyph it's the bomb itself doing this much dmg. now it has a TfB treatment as it will be less frequent but still 1 shot ability. Example.

Mage -> Sheep DPS class to peel off his healer or other teammate OR to stop a burst CD in general on himself.

Healer -> Dispel sheep. 8 SECOND COOLDOWN

Mage -> Frost bomb healer -> wait 2.5 seconds -> DEEP FREEZE -> DEAD HEALER.

>>>> DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF FROST BOMB DOING RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE <<<<

Solution: Decrease frost bomb damage by 35% over all, buff frost bolt damage by 15-20%. DONE. SIMPLE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE. PAY ME BILLIONS OF DOLLARZ! BALANCE FOR FREE.

I agree it is a not entirely fixed, but it is a very effective change for a hotfix
okay so when does that stop a mage from still gibbing you when your healer is in a CC chain of death that we all know is NOT hard to pull off

oh you still get gibbed

doesn't fix the problemmm

Also remember they added an extra second to the countdown timer, so that is actually relevant now.

Frost bomb -> Blanket silence immediately. That's really hard to keep frost bomb on a healer. I agree. Immense amounts of skill. It's still the same amount of ease.

No DAMAGE debuff should be so powerful that I can't cleanse a needed removal of a CC or someone is going to die instantly from frost bomb. I literally cannot cleanse a ring, Fear, poly, repentance, hoj, etc off my teammate if a mage is on their team. Garbage balance.
12/12/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Vaelseir

They added a second to frostbomb timer and removed a second from the deep freeze duration. This basically ensures that any mage wanting to detonate a frostbomb while deep freeze is active must take the Glyph of Deep Freeze (which takes it off of the global cooldown). It addition, you have to Frost Bomb a few seconds ahead of time and pray it doesn't get dispelled during your Deep Freeze Setup, especially considering Deep Freeze cooldown was increased.

1) Frost Bomb Timer increased by 1 second
2) Deep Freeze duration decreased by 1 second
3) Deep Freeze glyph now required to execute
4) Deep Freeze Cooldown increased
5) Can no longer use Fireblast (Glyphed) to compensate for poor timing and get same results

They added a second to frostbomb timer and removed a second from the deep freeze duration. This basically ensures that any mage wanting to detonate a frostbomb while deep freeze is active must take the Glyph of Deep Freeze (which takes it off of the global cooldown). It addition, you have to Frost Bomb a few seconds ahead of time and pray it doesn't get dispelled during your Deep Freeze Setup, especially considering Deep Freeze cooldown was increased.

Frost bomb into a blanket silence instantly. 4 free seconds on your frost bomb without him being able to dispel. Lasts 6 seconds? Deep the frost bombed target 2 seconds into the blanket silence. still easy as hell.

Also since when was deep freeze cooldown any more than 30seconds? it's not. They nerfed ring of frost CD.
Frost bomb into a blanket silence instantly. 4 seconds on your frost bomb. Lasts 6 seconds? Deep the frost bombed target 2 seconds into the blanket silence. still easy as hell.

I thought thatAlso since when was deep freeze cooldown any more than 30seconds? it's not. They nerfed ring of frost CD.

I thought that Deep Freeze and Ring of Frost were increased to 45 seconds? I Honestly should be paying closer attention to tooltips.

Frost bomb -> Blanket silence immediately. That's really hard to keep frost bomb on a healer. I agree. Immense amounts of skill. It's still the same amount of ease.

No DAMAGE debuff should be so powerful that I can't cleanse a needed removal of a CC or someone is going to die instantly from frost bomb. I literally cannot cleanse a ring, Fear, poly, repentance, hoj, etc off my teammate if a mage is on their team. Garbage balance.

Agreed. Literally the only reason that the dispel mechanic cooldown is even considered an issue is due to mage burst in shatters that MUST be dispelled. May I note that Frostbomb has a 10 second cooldown (lowered by haste) and dispel has 8 seconds. That's a lot of dispels used on frostbomb.
This won't affect many good mages. Glyph of fireblast is very usefull, but any good mage can still time a frost bomb to detonate in a deep after 3 icelances. It just wont be as faceroll easy as it is now.
Omg...

The duration of deep freeze has been reduced by 1 sec
Frost bomb now requires 1 additional second to detonate
Damage of combustion reduced 50%
Now this.

Please stop nerfing us! what have we done wrong???
12/12/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Blochx
This won't affect many good mages. Glyph of fireblast is very usefull, but any good mage can still time a frost bomb to detonate in a deep after 3 icelances. It just wont be as faceroll easy as it is now.

I suspect "many good mages" will soon become "few good mages" and those "few good mages" will probably depend on classes that can provide sustained damage and reliable peels.

If a mage packs enough haste to reduce FB's detonation to 5secs, the mage and/or the mage's teammate(s) has to ensure an enemy dispeller sits in a CC effect for a full 6secs. Even if the enemy dispeller is under CC for 6secs, that enemy dispeller will come out of the CC at the same time or close to FB detonation. That means the mage and/or teammate(s) need to reapply that CC, cutting into that burst window.