Stop, Woah, Back It Up

Arenas
12/12/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Fînn

Thank You.

Idk what game you guys have been playing, but no one in any of the 3's matches I've run this season seem to have trouble scoring a kill...

This is just another example of blizzard dumbing down the game for the casual bad. Random keyboard turning clicker cant solo a healer? NERF HEALING.

Burst is off the charts. CC is off the charts. So they blanket nerf healing? More laziness from the blizzard design team, these blanket nerfs they keep tossing over pvp are ridiculous and downright insulting to a playerbase that pays a monthly subscription.

-Resto shamans are too strong! By some strange logic ignore the mechanic that makes them too strong (mastery) and toss a downright stupid blanket nerf over the whole class not only disabling resto, but burying the other already struggling specs further into the ground.

-Burst is too high (for specific classes)! Blanket nerf all pvp trinkets so that those particular classes burst macros are a tad less powerful, and punish the classes who's damage isnt all that great, accomplishing nothing.

-OK! Last week burst was too high and we nerfed trinkets.....ummmm......(spins random blizzard wheel of fortune) Nerf healing this week!

Thank you! I keep brining up that point. That in 3's no high rated player seems to be having problems scoring a kill. But most people think it is too strong from doing 2's or bgs where people are much less geared at times and most don't silence/stun cc.

They can't nerf burst without also nerfing healing or no one ever dies. It's a necessary evil to get burst back down to sane levels.
Healing nerf should've been accompanied by an all around burst nerf. I am a little concerned as to what this is going to mean for my survivability as a healer, as CC chains and super borst and just going to weigh that much more heavily on me now.

Thank you! I keep brining up that point. That in 3's no high rated player seems to be having problems scoring a kill. But most people think it is too strong from doing 2's or bgs where people are much less geared at times and most don't silence/stun cc.

They can't nerf burst without also nerfing healing or no one ever dies. It's a necessary evil to get burst back down to sane levels.

Then you do them both at the same time. Not constantly nerf heals but barely touch dps. For a long time people have been saying warrior stacking need to be fixed and GC agree'd then he goes back on his word.
Then you do them both at the same time. Not constantly nerf heals but barely touch dps. For a long time people have been saying warrior stacking need to be fixed and GC agree'd then he goes back on his word.

While I always love taking a shot at GC doing anything wrong, they did fix the stacking; Taste for Blood only gives one charge now. That was 90% of where huge numbers were coming from.
12/12/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Ellywicket

While I always love taking a shot at GC doing anything wrong, they did fix the stacking; Taste for Blood only gives one charge now. That was 90% of where huge numbers were coming from.

Not that stacking -.- I mean't cd stacking. The problem is beign able to stack all their cds. Back in cata they had to take care of their damage but limiting what can be used with what. Now they went back to stacking cd's and GC did say it was too strong when they poped all cd at same time.

Not that stacking -.- I mean't cd stacking. The problem is beign able to stack all their cds. Back in cata they had to take care of their damage but limiting what can be used with what. Now they went back to stacking cd's and GC did say it was too strong when they poped all cd at same time.

Yeah, well, given the state of how healing is right now they can't really touch it. And warriors stacking CDs has always been around, only issue is our CDs used to consist of Enrage effects and Recklessness. I'd be quite happy rolling back to old-school style of Enrage effects being our B&B damage increases, but only if they were undispelable and granted Fear immunity. I don't know why they ever did away with the whole fear immunity thing, but I do miss Death Wish.
I feel like this should have been done at the same time as the CC nerfs, not before.

I guess we will have to see how playing with it feels.
I think the main thing I've learned from this thread is this:

Self deprecating humor just loses me credibility.

Guys, I said the healing nerf wasn't in order. I rarely, if ever, have much trouble with healers in Arenas. I don't lose because the other team's healer is too good, typically I die off because their burst just outclasses ours.

Do I think healers needed a 15% nerf? No, of course not. Especially not with hybrids. I don't have trouble killing healers that are at my gear level, or at the very least pressuring them into OOM and then killing / dispelling their regen ability. On the other hand, I expect it'll pan out okay once the instant CC hits come in.
As a caveat, I think they did address burst somewhat.

There was a blanket burst nerf when they cut our damage trinkets in half. There were targetted nerfs to warlocks, mages, and warriors, three of the most complained about and overpowered classes.

Necrotic Strike has taken two buffs recently, both to the healing absorbtion instead of to damage. Fire Mages soaked a few buffs in recent days, as did Mistweavers and Windwalkers. While none of these are considered "top tier", they're at least being addressed.

A 15% healing nerf will not, I think, be gamebreaking in light of the other changes.