Growl bugged on raid bosses?

Hunter
Anyone else having trouble with their pets keeping aggro on raid bosses, even when in tenacity spec? It seems as if growl won't cast, and even if I make sure to click on it myself my pet still is unable to hold aggro like it used to. It seems this only happens on raid bosses, not trash/quest mobs, which does make soloing stuff more difficult... misdirection hardly helps.

Malygos for example... I'm having to tank him myself which isn't the easiest, though luckily I'm able to stay alive with my racial heal coupled with spirit bond, but this is incredibly annoying and I doubt I'm the only one having these problems.
Ive had this happening while trying to do naxx for the pets, made it really difficult to kill more than a few bosses when I had to tank them with my face >.<.
Growl is a taunt now, not a threat increaser it once was. It no longer gives straight threat generation for the pet. If the boss is immune to taunt, growl wont be cast as it will do nothing.
try

Glyph of Distracting Shot
Item Level 25
Major Glyph
Classes: Hunter
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

Your Distracting Shot now distracts the target to attack your pet instead of you.
try

Glyph of Distracting Shot
Item Level 25
Major Glyph
Classes: Hunter
Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.

Your Distracting Shot now distracts the target to attack your pet instead of you.

distracting shot is a fixate, so it will only last for a few seconds before the boss snaps right back to you. Also if a taunt wont work a fixate wont either.
Had no issue in tempest keep except for the 4 guards with kael even kael my turtle could hold agro. So far my turtle has held most raid bosses except for a few.
12/12/2012 04:47 AMPosted by Wyvernmaster
Growl is a taunt now, not a threat increaser it once was. It no longer gives straight threat generation for the pet. If the boss is immune to taunt, growl wont be cast as it will do nothing.

From the Growl Tooltip. "Your pet growls at the target, generating threat and taunting the target to attack the pet."

It clearly say generating threat, so you are wrong. It is not working on Bosses that I can Taunt (Reckoning) with my Tankadin. Before 5.1 this was not an issue for most of us.

I suspect it was changed because of the QQ from Tanks because a handful of hunters didn't turn growl off on their stabled pets, and would pull aggro when they used Stampede. If this is the case they should have fixed Stampede and not broke Growl. Since Blizz is its usual quiet self on the matter we may never know. For now I am shelving my favorite class and if it does not get fixed soon I'll be leaving the game. I refuse to pay for something I can not play the way I like to play.
12/12/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Subrosian
You can still do them with Misdirect though.

And Feign Death.
12/12/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Subrosian
Since the latest round of Hotfixes, Taunt is not working properly on raid bosses. It doesn't auto-cast, and when clicked, it will not actually taunt off of the Hunter. You can still do them with Misdirect though.

Misdirect unless you use it every 4 seconds is not a proper replacement for extreme solo'ing. Unless spammed the threat is not permanent and transfers back to the Hunter.

"The current party or raid member targeted will receive the threat caused by your next damaging attack and all actions taken for 4 sec afterwards."

Feign Death is on a 30 second cooldown; again not an ideal option for extreme solo'ing.

Just fix Growl.
"distracting shot is a fixate,"

taken from wowhead

Distracting Shot

Distracted.
6 seconds remaining
Cast time Instant
Cooldown n/a
GCD 1 second
Effect #1 Threat Value:110
Effect #2 Apply Aura: Taunt

Growl
Taunted.
3 seconds remaining
Effect #1 Threat Value: 50
Effect #2 Taunt
I've asked Ghostcrawler twice on Twitter if this is intended or a bug, and I've received no answer. There's nothing from any blues about this, nor is it stated in the patch notes as an intended change.

Maybe if enough people tweet him or post in this thread, we can get a response. This is really making me not like my hunter. Soloing old stuff was one of my favorite things to do. I don't understand why you would make it easier to do that, then break the hunter's ability to solo near ANYTHING. :<
warlock minions also dont hold aggro like they used to before the latest "fix". im not sure exactly what they changed, but i know something is different.
Soloing I see the taunt, but my pet never does it them self. They can never keep aggro and it's really irritating. On the boss anyway, trash is perfectly fine.

What's more irritating though is, yesterday I did Naxx with a friend. Usually my pet will growl and it'll at least taunt. But yesterday, it wouldn't even taunt, even as I'd watch it on CD. Pet would growl and boss would keep on attacking me or my buddy.
last week I solod the Illidari council in BT no problem. This week my pet CANNOT hold
aggro. I MD him every chance I get, they just ignore him and pound on me.
Just doing a little bit of testing...

• Distracting Shot doesn't have any sort of threat gain attached to it. Doesn't even equalize the threat between you and the "tank". (Glyphed or unglyphed)
  • With the CD, length and GCD, it would be near impossible to keep this up 100%. Granted I am in NZ so my latency idles on about 140 on a good day.
  • Bosses are immune to Distracting Shot in raids. (Only tested this on a handful of bosses, may be some exceptions)
  • If the target is immune to growl, not only will it not taunt, but it wont generate any threat either.
Yeah I really hope this is a bug because it's REALLY ANNOYING!!
I have had the same issue this week. Bosses that my pet could hold fine before now totally ignore my pet like patchwerk. Even after a md they come right to me.
Seems it's pretty random, but I see it's happening.
Trying manually clicking growl, FD, MD, do many things to reduce my threat (and I can say my dps isn't so uber anyways) but bosses quickly turn to me as soon as I get up from FD or just for hitting KC. It is really weird. But I know my turtle is doing his best.
Growl built aggro just fine before 5.1. Since then, I've soloed lots of stuff to see where it does and does not work for me. I run SV, so it's not a glyphed Bestial Wrath issue. I've ran with various pets specced into ferocity and tenacity. I've also tried with and without addons.

- Works just fine on MoP heroic trash and bosses, so if I'm dumb and forget to turn it off, it still taunts from the tank.

- Works in scenarios, thank goodness

- Works just fine on all of the Wrath heroics I ran

- Worked great on Cata heroics I ran except for Siamat in Lost City and Van Cleef in heroic Deadmines

- Did not work on raid bosses from Naxx 10, Ony, VoA, Sunwell, and at least some bosses in AQ 40 and BWL, like Broodlord and Chrom. Seemed to work fine on the other bosses in BWL.

Last time I ran VoA, I just didn't bother to use a turtle. Why gimp my dps if I have to tank 'em anyway?