Pvp healing changes

Monk
Has anyone tried pvping with the 30 percent debuff? We just were hit with a nerf on patch day and after patch day. Now a increase in the healing debuff in pvp. I haven't tried it yet since I'm at work but it sounds like another kick in the teeth. People have been complaining about druids and such for pvp healing but man mo ms don't put that kind of output to Begin with. So monks and priest are sol I think. I could understand the importance erf in pvp healing if the dmg was turned down but dmg is still the same. It's going to be interesting
I haven't done games since the increase, but I am not excited to try. VS any decent team, monks were already behind the enemy healer from the first 5 seconds of the game and it only got worse from there.
Im just sad that they somehow found the time to buff warriors (not waiting for 3 stacks of TFB = heroic strike being used at 1 stack = more pressure) nerf mages (needed) and buff MS classes further (as healing throughput drops, value of MS increases) while not addressing monks at all.

I know that there is already a laundry list for 5.2, but, the changes to mages and warrs takes similar ammounts of coding as simply switching Life Caccoon from dispellable to not dispellable.

Some of the other fixes we will need are more complex but even some small tweak would be nice considering we start a fight at ~85% mana (after statue and portal) and stay mana deprived.

I feel like we are just unfortunate victims of being in the same category (but nowhere near same potential) as shamans and paladins. I know I'm not a glad but "sticking it out" has really gotten old.
12/12/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Tigerdna
time to buff warriors (not waiting for 3 stacks of TFB = heroic strike being used at 1 stack = more pressure)

It was a nerf, they are only allowed to stack to 1/3 vs players
Its only a nerf to burst in that it will prevent 290k+ hits, but now warriors wont be holding on to 1 or 2 stacks waiting for a 3rd, instead they will be using it as soon as they get 1. So at worst warrior damage is the same, and more likely we will see net increase to damage at the cost of spiking burst (but it will still hit for over 100k). This would be fine as blizzard has stated they want to smooth out damage, but warrior damage is not exactly a model of balanced at this time.
12/12/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Tigerdna
Its only a nerf to burst in that it will prevent 290k+ hits, but now warriors wont be holding on to 1 or 2 stacks waiting for a 3rd, instead they will be using it as soon as they get 1. So at worst warrior damage is the same, and more likely we will see net increase to damage at the cost of spiking burst (but it will still hit for over 100k). This would be fine as blizzard has stated they want to smooth out damage, but warrior damage is not exactly a model of balanced at this time.

The forums would be a far, far better place if you were unable to comment on classes you haven't played. If you had played a Warrior, you would know that a single stack of TFB is incredibly rage inefficient. There's a place for that little extra kick of damage but 90% of the time it's not worth the rage.

In regards to the OP's question, I HAVE tested the healing changes. I love them. They give me a great excuse to turn my Mistweaver monk into a Windwalker and my enhancement shaman into a Resto.
i dont think any of these nerfs are live yet. mages are still hitting for 120k frost bombs, healing debuff still says 15% and warriors still can stack up to 3 TfB.

Tigerdna, you are dumb man. im sorry, we are all dumber for reading what you wrote.

I know that there is already a laundry list for 5.2, but, the changes to mages and warrs takes similar ammounts of coding as simply switching Life Caccoon from dispellable to not dispellable.

UPDATE spells SET dispel = false WHERE name = 'Life Cocoon';

That's the entire coding required to make that change (or something very similar). Its probably more like a check box on some UI (or it should be).

I am a programmer, I make bug fixes all the time, and roll them out. I do not understand Blizzards methodology. I get not making sweeping changes at the drop of a hat, but some things are obvious. You fix it, you make sure the change was what you intended, and you roll it out. You don't make people wait 4 months or even 4 weeks for something that needs to happen now in order for a class to be viable.

Yes, its a complex game, but some things really are that simple.

UPDATE spells SET dispel = false WHERE name = 'Life Cocoon';

That's the entire coding required to make that change (or something very similar). Its probably more like a check box on some UI (or it should be).

I am a programmer, I make bug fixes all the time, and roll them out. I do not understand Blizzards methodology. I get not making sweeping changes at the drop of a hat, but some things are obvious. You fix it, you make sure the change was what you intended, and you roll it out. You don't make people wait 4 months or even 4 weeks for something that needs to happen now in order for a class to be viable.

Yes, its a complex game, but some things really are that simple.

Programmer or not, you have no idea how a code that's been patched, changed, and evolved over the course of a decade to run this game works.

You have to speak up because we can't hear where you're speaking out of when you're sitting down.
we go oom that much faster.
i heal bgs and arenas exclusively with healing spheres. its the only heals i have really. my chi builders cost too much mana and dont actually generate enough chi to keep players up.
Don't let all the complainers scare you, its otherwise fine IF you can handle the new learning curve. Someone above posted the nerf was to stem bursts of 290K. That seem plausible but regardless of the fact, it simply requires a change in the way you heal, what talents, and glyphs you have.

You can spit all the numbers you want, But I've been healing nearly top of the charts every bg I'm in, even though I die quite a bit. S'all g though I almost never die In arena's now, so theres a plus to my strategies.

Programmer or not, you have no idea how a code that's been patched, changed, and evolved over the course of a decade to run this game works.

Sorry friend, but I would bet everything I own that your statement is just completely untrue. Programming style is pretty ubiquitous, because when it's not, its considered "bad code". I am willing to bet a game as complex as WoW has pretty standard programming style. It couldn't function without it. It would break constantly.

I guarantee spells are part of a database, and in the table in which spells lie, there are certain flags, or boolean values. I would bet you anything, whether or not a spell is dispellable is a boolean value, because it either is, or is not dispellable. Even if not, its something really similar, which is why I stated "or something very similar". I have probably been programming longer than you have been able to read. Certainly much longer than WoW has been around. I have even worked at a game company at one point in my past (Ubisoft). Its that simple, no doubt. Move along.
i finally got to do a rbg since the healing debuff was changed to 30 percent. It seems like all my heals are pretty weak right now. I usually heal the offense in rbgs and it seems like is someone is taking serious dmg I can't keep them up anymore. Even if I spam healing surge it barely helps. It feels broken in it current state. debuff increase + healing nerfs = sad monk. Does anyone have any tips? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
yea, we are all doing the same thing wrong. we picked mistweaver monks as our mains.
wont make this mistake twice...