Battle.net Error #114

Customer Support
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
I had just gotten to exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpent, was about to start the quest. Logged out for a second, tried to go back in, and this...
WOW.exe works, WOW-64.exe doesn't
12/12/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Drpz
not sure if this will help..but i managed to get it working by not using the launcher....just go into ur WOW folder and launch the game from wow.exe...worked for me(not my solution)

Confirmed. Had to try a couple times, was getting stuck at "Connecting" before it finally went through.
this also worked for me, thanks =)
Support, please check in to the bypassing of the launcher to get logged in. That should be a security risk IMHO.
Yea, wow64.exe errored, but wow.exe (32bit) still works.
I don't know if it will help you guys over at Blizzard narrow down the problem, but I appear to only be getting this error with the 64-bit client. The 32-bit client logs me in successfully.

[EDIT]
It appears I'm not the first to report that. Lol.
[/EDIT]
What I don't understand is why this stuff comes about... Why can I log in fine and then 5 mins later I can't without anything having changed (seemingly). Blizzard needs to start addressing the issues that cause these to happen rather than fixing them once they arise.

This is why Blizzard has one of the worst costumer service departments of any game I've seen, ever. If they'd like to give their consumers a better experience explain to us what was messed up once you fix it. So maybe if it ever comes up again we can remind you how to fix it......

I don't recall ever hearing a detailed explanation for these errors. There is such thing as telling us the jist of what happened without giving us too much info which may compromise things.
Hmmm...
I can log in fine but the whole Unicorn thing is odd. Not to fond of the new music either. Funny thing is killing the critters gives you tremendous amounts of booty but you end up getting chased by every Unicorn in sight until the timer clears. 10,000 gold plus all the Honor from killing the gold ones is almost worth it.

.......................Kidding

Can't log in here either and yes I'm using an authenticator.
If you go into your file folders and use the Wow.exe it works. It didn't work for me using Wow-64.exe file - got the same error as using the launcher probs because it's calling that file. But the the normal wow.exe worked fine.
I only fail to connect when using the 64 bit game. using the x86 launcher works fine. hope that helps
I can log on to my Starcarft II account so its a WoW problem not a battle.net
12/12/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Dellicious
not sure if this will help..but i managed to get it working by not using the launcher....just go into ur WOW folder and launch the game from wow.exe...worked for me(not my solution)

Worked for me as well, thumbs up to you sir.

Like above I am in currently as well
Someone posted on the General forums that their 32bit client is able to log on. I tried it and was able to get on after another error #114 on the 64 bit client.
Directly launch wow.exe it worked for me too...
I see the game servers are having trouble but i'm getting a 104 error if that means anything to you guys. if you find out what this error is please let me know.

This worked for me too, but I had an extra bar pop up, "Sending Non-Personal System Information" never seen that one before.
Wanted to say thanks to the folks that figured out launching from folder (without using launcher) worked. That worked for me too :)