Priest Changes 5.2?

Priest
I read somewhere can't remember that Hymn of hope will become something similar to Holy Pally's Divine Plea? is this true if so that'd be awesome.... for those who don't know what divine plea is. it's a pally's mana Cool down in which they use but requires no channelling similar to a priests Shadow fiend. Where as currently Hymn of hope requires channelling and on most fights cannot be used for example (Normal Garalon) cannot be used because you're consistently having to heal not much time to stop and channel a cooldown for 10 seconds or whatever it is. Other priests may be able to do this during garalon but at the moment i'm on progression and it's kind of a mess so yea pretty rough on healing.
I would like to know where you're getting this information seeing as Blizzard has been pretty tight lipped about precise changes and until 5.2 goes up on PTR it is unlikely that we'll see such information.
12/11/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Taheraliel
I would like to know where you're getting this information seeing as Blizzard has been pretty tight lipped about precise changes and until 5.2 goes up on PTR it is unlikely that we'll see such information.
I think someone posted it on these forums. I can't remember where though haha.. I believe it was in the priest section.
Any information about specific spell changes for 5.2 are just speculation. Nothing has been said about priest changes, aside from I think Ghostcrawler making a comment about them being looked at for pvp for 5.2.
I'd love to see a "hit it and forget it" mana button :)
We already have a hit and forget mana button, shadowfiend. I really don't see the point of having two mana CD, if there were gonna do that to hymn they might as well remove it and just buff showfiend/mindbender (and solace, c'mon blizz that things is 100% useless, every priest that PvE take mindbender). Plus divine plea has a negative healing bonus, which practicly means you need to stop healing, heck most pally will just use and go in mele and hit the boss while it's on to get some more mana back.

You can use it on every boss in normal, all boss have time where healing slow down, just make sure you use it along with shadowfiend and wait a bit into the fight as it give mana back to everyone and make there spell cheaper for the duration of the channel, so that if your not healing they can heal a bit more for you, obviously don't use it while the boss is using all his big move.

The only things they need to look into for healing priest in 5.2 is solace which is absolutely useless, especially for disc priest. I wouldn't mind a bit of a re work of atonement healing too.
12/12/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Meit
I wouldn't mind a bit of a re work of atonement healing too.

Like what? It got buffed to a 40 yards range.
12/12/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Flaxxen

That would be awesome! :)

12/12/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Meit
We already have a hit and forget mana button, shadowfiend. I really don't see the point of having two mana CD, if there were gonna do that to hymn they might as well remove it and just buff showfiend/mindbender (and solace, c'mon blizz that things is 100% useless, every priest that PvE take mindbender). Plus divine plea has a negative healing bonus, which practicly means you need to stop healing, heck most pally will just use and go in mele and hit the boss while it's on to get some more mana back.

I think hymn of hope becoming a hit and forget button would be awesome. Shadowfiend and mindbender can be CC'ed and that pretty much stops us from gaining the mana we need.

I do however agree that Solace needs a buff.
Hymm of Hope is useless as it is even if you can afford to stay there and channel for 6ish seconds to give back 3 targets 8% of there mana and most the time it will give back some random mage some mana yea like he really needed it.

For a 6 minute cooldown it should be a raid wide mana restore.
12/12/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Flaxxen

Mindbender

12/12/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Shadowpowerz
For a 6 minute cooldown it should be a raid wide mana restore.

This would be too imbalanced, similar to how top raiding guilds stacked resto shamans in t11 when Mana Tide Totem was hilariously overpowered.
Hymn of Hope used to be an instant cast "hit and forget." I was sad when it became a channel.
We already have a hit and forget mana button, shadowfiend.

Fiend/Bender gets CC'd 90% of the time with all the aoe CC flying around, so no, we don't have a "hit it and forget it" mana button. Even if you put it on a hunter pet or a Water elemental, it gets CC'd. Not to mention, finding the hunter pet or Elemental, targeting it and then casting Fiend/Bender is very different than hitting a mana restore button, especially when you are beating people off you.

12/12/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Boojí

Mindbender

You obviously don't PvP. Just stop. The mana pet does us virtually no good at all.
We already have a hit and forget mana button, shadowfiend.

Fiend/Bender gets CC'd 90% of the time with all the aoe CC flying around, so no, we don't have a "hit it and forget it" mana button. Even if you put it on a hunter pet or a Water elemental, it gets CC'd. Not to mention, finding the hunter pet or Elemental, targeting it and then casting Fiend/Bender is very different than hitting a mana restore button, especially when you are beating people off you.

Mindbender

You obviously don't PvP. Just stop. The mana pet does us virtually no good at all.

Then nobody has a "hit and forget mana button", shaman totem can be killed, pally mana plea reduce there healing, druid innervate can be dispelled. No reason why priest should get a free ride. An ability who's only skill in using is to remember to click it every CD is absolutely boring and should never exist.

You can use it on every boss in normal, all boss have time where healing slow down, just make sure you use it along with shadowfiend and wait a bit into the fight as it give mana back to everyone and make there spell cheaper for the duration of the channel, so that if your not healing they can heal a bit more for you, obviously don't use it while the boss is using all his big move.

The only things they need to look into for healing priest in 5.2 is solace which is absolutely useless, especially for disc priest. I wouldn't mind a bit of a re work of atonement healing too.
Not all of us PvE.
Id like to see some changes about the mana problems with PvP healers....