LFR loot system is deeply flawed.

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
01/18/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Ziska
There should not go by a week clearing all 5 wings without a usable drop.
at a max of 18 slots for gear, 18 weeks and you are geared up and no more new content to run = canceled sub anyway, so why change it from what it is now?
12/17/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Quigon
Question 2: How do you 'fix' a random number generator?

Honest answer: by lying to us.

Tell us it's random, but make it behave more the way peoples' intuition about randomness works, and less the way randomness really behaves.

Most people will end up happier.
at a max of 18 slots for gear, 18 weeks and you are geared up and no more new content to run = canceled sub anyway, so why change it from what it is now?

18 weeks + 4 weeks before all wings are open + 2 weeks waiting for a new patch = 24 weeks aka 6 months
IMHO a raid patch every 6 months is not asking for too much (and what they stated they want to do anyway)
apart from that - I said "usable"; cloak, trinkets, rings and necks could easily come with a "random" value, so getting the same drop twice - once with haste, once with crit - would let it IMHO fall into that category; you probably could even extend that to non tier pieces
LFR loot system sucks now.. thanks for messing it up
The loot system seems pretty legit for me. I've been getting loot on a weekly basis and only one duplicate so far I think. The only crappy thing is when I use my elder charm to roll for a weapon I never win it, lol. Weapons are tough to get I think.
After running a lot of LFR's... I've have yet to get any loot out of those bags, even with using my elder charms. I've seen a ridiculous number of complaints of duplicate loot. After 3 weeks of bags of "28 gold" I'm getting fed up that the effort I put into this, there zero results. I no longer see the point of it.
You must be having extremely bad luck. Even without using charms you have a 92.6% chance of getting at least one drop over 16 boss kills (assuming a 15% loot drop rate). Over 32 boss kills that chance jumps to 99.4%. If you kill the 16 bosses a third week there is a 99.96% chance that you will have gotten at least one drop.

For details on how I made that determination see the Cumulative Distribution Function section of the wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_distribution
When will you fix the loot system to go back to the previous system, but refine need/greed per class and specialization. EX: Holy Pallys not rolling need on tank gear ect.
That's not the only source of drama under the old system. You're leaving out the QQ over geared players rolling on tier pieces for their offspec and you're forgetting about getting bombed with trade negotiations before the first mob was even pulled. You're missing the groups of players who would queue together to roll for each others' gear and skew the odds towards themselves. I personally don't miss these days and I find the current system to be far superior to that.
Why do so many people act like the system should be "smart" and designed to gear them incredibly efficiently? At least a piece per week? You'll soon be complaining that the next raid isn't coming fast enough. And you know what's even better? There will still be complaints that it isn't good enough. That they wanted this piece first, not that piece. That it should be more pieces per week. With increases in the system's efficiency and intelligence, we'll eventually be complaining that it's not guaranteed 1 piece per boss and no duplicates.

As for complaints about not getting reward for your effort, the "fail bag" will be reworked to provide better drops. And effort? Sorry, if you want good reward for effort, that's Normal/Heroic. Not saying it's anyone's fault in particular, but LFR does not require a high amount of effort, and the rewards are appropriate to what is expected. Several AFKers, many people performing under their potential, and little to no communication.
01/18/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Ronduwil
After running a lot of LFR's... I've have yet to get any loot out of those bags, even with using my elder charms. I've seen a ridiculous number of complaints of duplicate loot. After 3 weeks of bags of "28 gold" I'm getting fed up that the effort I put into this, there zero results. I no longer see the point of it.
You must be having extremely bad luck. Even without using charms you have a 92.6% chance of getting at least one drop over 16 boss kills (assuming a 15% loot drop rate). Over 32 boss kills that chance jumps to 99.4%. If you kill the 16 bosses a third week there is a 99.96% chance that you will have gotten at least one drop.

For details on how I made that determination see the Cumulative Distribution Function section of the wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_distribution

I must have extremely bad luck as well, as last week's Empress kill gave me my first piece of LFR gear - and after six weeks of LFR + 3 tokens per week, that's 50+ boss kills (/rolls) without any loot.
01/18/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Zaxan

And what about the "lucky" people who get geared up in 5 weeks? Does that just count as a 5 weeks and quit?

People are far more inclined to stay subscribed when they're getting stuff and having fun than not getting stuff and getting frustrated.

It's the unlucky end of the curve that will quit and people who quit with a sour taste won't come back. People who run out of content and get bored are more apt to return.
01/18/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Falynn
I must have extremely bad luck as well, as last week's Empress kill gave me my first piece of LFR gear - and after six weeks of LFR + 3 tokens per week, that's 50+ boss kills (/rolls) without any loot.

that is absolutely horrendous luck. I'm the opposite, got 4 pieces last night, 2 I couldn't use, and 2 were tier pieces I haven't turned in yet. One of these was off an elder charm.

Conversely, there were 3 weeks just before x-mas where I got zip, not even a side grade or a duplicate.... so, random is random?

Totally unrelated to this, I've seen a new abuse in the LFR system the last 2 weeks. The player who dies in the first 15 seconds of every single encounter. It's actually happened to me 3 or 4 raids out of the last 7 I've done (5 last week, 2 this week so far). The guy doing it last night in 1st half of HoF literally said, "haha, died so I could surf the web while you guys got my loots for me" and linked his loot from Garalon. It was only then that I realized it was the same guy who died on the first 2 encounters as well.

I don't know what can be done to combat that.... but wow that's a new low. Just goes to show there are rotten people who will abuse the system in any way possible.

Edit: Is this reportable? Also, who says "surf the web" now anyway?
01/18/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Zaxan

That is not something I participated in.
passing on loot is the same as rolling on loot in order to give it to a certain player - you are increasing other players odds by passing on your own odds at winning the loot or you are increasing one players odds by rolling on loot and giving it to them if you win

Somehow, I think it's more beneficial to pass on loot that I already have, or would not benefit me, so that someone else who worked at the encounter can have the item if they need.

You're just arguing to argue with a statement like what you made. It doesn't even make sense to me.
someone mentioned you have only killed 11 bosses TOTAL from the lfr's ... and I count 6 raid finder gear... thats more than 50% chance.
The biggest gripe I have about it is not the loot drop rates, I dont care if I dont get anything, its the fact that sometimes its DUPLICATE stuff to what I already got the week before or whatever. Getting the same gear over and over is somewhat annoying.

When an item drops for you if your lucky, you should be given an option to DE the item -even though its epic it SHOULD NOT drop blood spirits- that would be better then just vendoring it when I leave the instance. At the point duplicate items drop the bag of gold is better so it feels like we just got double screwed.

Especially when the item you win vendors for less than the 28g bag...

Chalk another week up for this.

61 total rolls, 1 piece of loot.
Oh - and my guildmate got his THIRD Jin'ya in the same run.

Yeah...this is definitely better than DS. *eyeroll*
This is BS. I've run Terrace 23 times. With all my extra coins going there. I'm not looking for one weapon, like a gun, there are 3 I can get. So 69 rolls. Not to mention all my extra coins. Let's say 100 rolls. Not a god damned thing. Oh, except this. Dreadwoven Leggings of Failure. It's like a cruel joke, Blizz saying F you. Well, F you too, Blizz. I'm done, kiss my !@#.
Its strange how one of my Guild Mates who is a Warrior has a full set of Armor epic token armor pieces but no sword which never drops at all for him for some odd reason my Paladin manage to get the sword I am still working on getting the token armor set which never drops for me.

It seems 2 of my Hunter friends got lucky getting Yaungol Slayer's Gloves from Sha of Anger it seems any Hunter who gone to the SHA of Anger got Yaungol Slayer's Gloves you don't believe me look up Hunter statistics that show how many people who play Hunter got Yaungol Slayer's Gloves that easy in the game.
01/16/2013 07:27 AMPosted by Zotoc
I am also have the same problem. Ive received the same belt 4 times so far. The same helm 3 times and the rest loot bags. I dont know what Blizzard is doing. But they are doing it wrong.

Don't necro a month-old thread to voice your discontent with RNG, bro.
I'm wondering how many of those whining are running and rerunning the same LFR instances in the same lockout, expecting a chance of drops each time.
Another one of these - OMG the loot is terrible! I dont have nuthin after... oh wait. 2 kill runs through Terrace. 4-6 through HoF. Yet you have five + 483 LFR raid finder items, including the 2 handed axe. Ran terrace ten times with the hunter and the gun finnally dropped. You squeal that you don't have any lewts - yet your toon is covered with them. I get the sinking suspision that you would have been one of those guys in DS LFR that would have been begging people incessently for over an hour for that drop that I HAVE TO HAVE IT!! PLEASE!! OMG I HAVE BEEN RUNNING FOR 38 MONTHS AND YOU GOT IT! I WANT IT! WAAAAAA!