LFR loot system is deeply flawed.

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
The sooner you realize that LFR is there to let you see the content and not there to gear you up after a few weeks the happier you will be.

If you want to gear up more quickly find a normal mode guild and raid with them. The days of LFR being a loot pinata seem to be over.
Does anything here answer any questions:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7393109800?page=3#43

because, you know, this subject doesn't come up often, if any at all.
This is what this game has come to....welfare epics. People want want want want, and if they don't get it WHEN they want, there is an uproar. It is a freaking MMO, why can people not understand this? Everything is SUPPOSE to take time to complete. If you got every piece of loot you wanted in a week, then what? Then what would you waste your time doing? Complaining on the forums for lack of content?

I swear people, if you are not willing to put in the time to complete things in a game designed to take time, then go play something else.Sure it is not fun to kill bosses and not get any loot for your time, but neither is getting everything you want in 1 or 2 runs. Completely defeats the purpose of an MMO.

Nothing needs to be done to the loot system in LFR, RNG is RNG. What needs to change are the people constantly complaining because they didn't get what they wanted when they wanted it.

HOLY HELL! LOGIC! IN AN MMO FORUM!?

/weep

I'm just so, darn, happy!

Ok, seriously. NO, we don't want the old loot system back. Why not? Because I HATED seeing the Vanq token drop and a mage wearing the NORMAL MODE VERSION OF IT win it so that he could give it to a guildie. It makes the "You can raid when you want" a pile of crap. If I go in solo I should have the same chance as every other person to win loot. And I do. That the "RNG gods" are against me right now doesn't mean you have a better chance because you brought 24 guildies with you and I just happen to be the "odd man out."

Dear Blizz - THANK YOU FOR THE NEW LOOT SYSTEM, PLEASE DO NOT EVER REMOVE IT!
You get more than gold in LFR. You get 90 Valor Points (135 if you're already valor capped on another toon) for completing it. So even if you don't get drops, you get closer to purchasing VP gear or using VP to upgrade your existing gear. I don't need any drops out of MSV on my Druid, but I still run LFR every week for the quick VP.
12/17/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Andiran
Wow, only a 0.07% chance of that happening. That's pretty intense. (I'm not saying you're lying, I'm merely commenting on the statistics.)

Of course, if you take a random sample of 1000 people (rounding up to 0.01% here) then there will probably be one person who has had this happen to them, and given the size of WoW...
The only problem I have with the LFR loot system is fails to give me loot based on my spec, like it's supposed to do. I'm an assassination rogue; I use daggers. I cannot use any weapons other than daggers. So why do bosses in there drop Gara'kal, Fist of the Spiritbinder and Claws of Shek'zeer for me? Those weapons are wholly unusable by me unless I change spec to combat (which I have no intention to do.)

The drop rate for gear in LFR is fine; I just wish it would drop stuff I could use.
my issue with the new lfr loot system is the idea that because some people were abusing the old system and rolling need on items they did not need the new system makes it so that all players are basically rolling need and there's no offspec rolling now. there may be a statistically higher chance of getting gear, but also a higher chance of it being useless to you.

my bag space is precious. i have no interest in winning duplicate or obsolete gear that vendors for less than the gold award. everytime it happens i just /facepalm. i would have preferred if lfr gear were simply not tradable. that would have ended much of the abuse by itself. ironically under the new system making gear tradable again would fix some of the inefficiency.
After running a lot of LFR's... I've have yet to get any loot out of those bags, even with using my elder charms. I've seen a ridiculous number of complaints of duplicate loot. After 3 weeks of bags of "28 gold" I'm getting fed up that the effort I put into this, there zero results. I no longer see the point of it.

Blizz -- When will you fix the loot system to go back to the previous system, but refine need/greed per class and specialization. EX: Holy Pallys not rolling need on tank gear ect.

No its not and !@#$! The old system sucked completely with loot wh0res and drama queens, guild loot trading, etc. Gimme me a break. RNG is random if you haven't figured this out in raiding you by now you probably wont. I have received far more loot than I ever would have in the old system.
I went 42 straight boss kills on my warlock with zero loot with 3 tokens used for a total of 45 rolls.

Wow, only a 0.07% chance of that happening. That's pretty intense. (I'm not saying you're lying, I'm merely commenting on the statistics.)

Went two full weeks with nothing then all of MV and first half of HoF with no loot. Then in the 2nd half of HoF and Terrace loot rained from the sky, went from 1 pc of tier to 4 pc and got my Sha touched weapon. Yes I was frustrated during those two weeks but I didn't consider the lack of loot a problem. Probably because I have done actual raiding and gone months with no upgrades.
Since I have come back to WoW I have killed 30 LFR bosses and Sha of Anger a few times. Out of those bosses I have recieved two pieces of loot, one I cant even use. Atleast in a loot system where you can trade, if you get something you have already gotten before you can give it to someone who needs it. Now the loot is just vendored.
I am also have the same problem. Ive received the same belt 4 times so far. The same helm 3 times and the rest loot bags. I dont know what Blizzard is doing. But they are doing it wrong.
12/17/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Quigon
Question 1: Before LFR loot system, how often were you getting loot? Of the 2-3 items that droped (for which you had to roll against others), how often did you win?

The 'problem' with LFR loot as compared to the old system is that anyone with a minimally-functioning brain and a few friends could drastically increase their odds and thus speed of gearing.
Until yesterday I had killed 25 lfr bosses, using loot coins on many of them, and winning a total of 1 item. My shoulders. I did lfr yesterday and got 4 upgrades plus 2 pairs of 476 gloves that I didn't need. RNG is sort of like a gorgeous coworker. It can treat you like something sticky on the bottom of a shoe for months then treat you wonderfully for one night, then give you a fake phone number and steal your plasma screen on the way out while you're still snoozing. C'est la vie!
12/18/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Beylynn
Since I have come back to WoW I have killed 30 LFR bosses and Sha of Anger a few times. Out of those bosses I have recieved two pieces of loot, one I cant even use. Atleast in a loot system where you can trade, if you get something you have already gotten before you can give it to someone who needs it. Now the loot is just vendored.

Since I came back to WoW, I have killed 27 bosses and the Sha of Anger once.

I have gotten 4 pieces from LFR and the boots from Sha.

Random is random, such is life.
Why is it that people do lfr which the difficulty is a joke and think they deserve all the loot. The lfr loot system keeps the loot from being handed out too easy.
01/16/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Menolie
Random is random, such is life.

I have good weeks, I have bad.
Question 1: Before LFR loot system, how often were you getting loot? Of the 2-3 items that droped (for which you had to roll against others), how often did you win?

Going to the LFR and being the guy who won THREE teir items and a ring made up for all the crappy times you got nothing.

Both of my toons tasted this experience during Cata.
12/17/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Crocelle
The best solution to this poor loot system is for if you didn't get a single piece of loot during the entire raid then at the very end you'd get a garenteed loot drop.

NO

raid loot never has been, and never should be guaranteed. I don't care HOW many times you've run LFR. I don't care how many times you've downed a boss. I don't care how many elder coins you've used.

boss drops are not guaranteed.

nor should they be. ESPECIALLY in the kindercare stupidity that is LFR.

welcome to raiding! sometimes you get loot, more often, you do not. Don't whine on the forums about epics not falling from the sky every time a boss dies. That's how it works.

if you want guaranteed gear, go for valor items, or crafted items.