A Sad Panda...

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Hey, I just met you,
and this is crazy,
but here's my character,
do you want to be my completely awesome uber-leet bestest friend in the world, maybe?
Wall of text crits for 999k.

Paragraphs are your friend.
The messed up lores and quest lines can't be helped much, but at least they can throw old raid like MC in to CoT and make it a 5man in LFD. I'm not saying tweak it or anything. Just keep it as is. Just make it available for the 5 quest geared players to team-up and run it together. Maybe good for lv80? I know raid geared lv85 could easily solo, so, quest geared lv70 or 80s could run it at a decently challenging context and experience the World Boss fights old timers are talking about without changes or tweaks.
This post was well worth the read and shed some light on something I've found amusing since wrath. That being said, you might want to edit your post into paragraphs (you've already sort of started, it looks more like a formatting issue than a structural one,) otherwise I fear this gem might get less attention than it deserves.
OP looks like a messy wall of text that will crit you but it is worth reading. One of the best posts I've read in awhile.
I recently started playing having avoided Wow for many years and I fully and wholeheartedly agree with the OP.

The storyline makes no sense for me at all, confusing and I am bummed that I will never see any of the "World Bosses" that my friend keeps talking about that used to be in the game......

This has been the case with every expansion though. I started after the Gates of AQ opened on Doomhammer, and this never got to see it happen. The world dragons were just these huge bosses that sat at portals yelling once in a while when someone soloed them. I missed the original Scourge invasion and the original attunements... You name it. Most of that was obsolete or removed from the game in some manner.

Time moves on in MMO's and that's the case in every MMO out there to an extent. You have to keep in mind how long WoW has been around and how much content there is. They don't have time to revamp every single quest every time an expansion comes along and changes things.

They do make small changes when they can, but sadly, zones like Silithus were not fully updated as they ran out of time before Cata's release.

New players now are not really facing any more of a disjointed timeline than a player that started in Wrath, or Cata either. Many things didn't make sense to me in BC because I missed all the huge Loremaking events and could never see them again.

The only thing that would 'save' the timeline would be to have dedicated servers where each expansion is 'frozen' in it's own original timeline. Once you got to 60 in classic vanilla WoW, you could transfer your alt to the BC server and see the BC content in its original glory. Ditto for Wrath. Then Cata hits and you can choose to move to the Cata server and see the world's changes, then move on to Mists which is built up on Cata changes.

New players could really benefit from some direction toward Wowpedia and from some patient and willing players who could help them understand how things 'were' so they weren't confused. :)
OP uses wall of text.

It's surprisingly effective!
Alright, fixed the paragraph dealio thing but theres no way to reduce this down. I even left out a few things, like Drek'thar being wheelchair bound at level 25 and face melting when you reach 60-90.
12/31/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Blacktouch
Alright, fixed the paragraph dealio thing but theres no way to reduce this down. I even left out a few things, like Drek'thar being wheelchair bound at level 25 and face melting when you reach 60-90.

You, sir, are wonderful.
12/31/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Blacktouch

Looks much better. You didn't need to reduce the size. It was that there was no space/break between paragraphs that it was kind of hard to keep track of which line I was reading unless I mouse-highlighted the small sections I was reading.
Thankfully Sad Panda has a very nice guild he found via the LFGuild tool, where a friendly Troll gladly explains the storyline's little plotholes and fills in Sad Panda about anything that doesn't quite make sense.

Some of it, like "time traveling" to Outland and Northrend, he writes off as game mechanics, because Sad Panda, despite being new, isn't a freak'n idiot.
This is why we need WoW2.
12/31/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Blacktouch
As Wow veterans, we really take this game for granted. We don't look at it from the perspective of a new player. No other game can get away with such a convoluted leveling experience. There is no easy solution but the experience of, well, every single new character is so ridiuclously disjointed as to lack any form of storytelling whatsoever. Anyone else notice this?

It's just one of the unfortunate yet unavoidable segregations between gameplay and story that come with the way MMO's function.
A very true post. To avoid this there is only one answer. Level by dungeons.
Awesome post. 9/10 Would recommend to a friend.
I read this and came to a single conclusion: Pandaren are time travelers.
As expansions are added to the game, so does the game become more broken.

One wonders why there is not planning in making everything run as smoothly as possible in transitioning from one expansion to another. It's just plugged in and played.

I really think it would have been nice to introduce the respective expansions to new toons as they reach the level required to unlock them, thought that in in itself might have been a lot of work just to attempt to make this work.

Ripping the world apart would have been nice to see as a cut scene right as you ding 80, for example.

I know this won't happen and there are no plans to fix this (that I know of), but hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it?
Awesome post. I think it would be pretty cool if one day (maybe when WoW is over with and no more xpacs are being released) Blizz made the leveling experience actually based off of experience. What I mean is that to get to level 61, you would have to down the end boss of Vanilla and so on until you reach the end game.
Thank you so much for this read. I personally would like to see more class quests make a comeback. They made me feel way more close to my toon. Also old class mount quests, I want people to go through the pain i did to get my dreadsteed. I miss stuff like that more than a single story i think.