Disc Priest and RBG

Battlegrounds
Even next season, we're still not bringing a healer priest. Sorry :(

Everything healey priests can do, shadow priests can as well.
Go Holy.
Even next season, we're still not bringing a healer priest. Sorry :(

Everything healey priests can do, shadow priests can as well.

Yeah except you know ... heal .. no big deal. Who needs heals in RBGs..
Just another quick update:

I broke 2k in RBGs last night. Current CR: 2020. In addition, I've been running and posting recount after every game and I'm topping heals. I was unaware that ~48% of my heals are Power Word: Shield and Spirit Shell (which don't show up on 'Healing Done". I also setup a stream but I'm not sure if I'll continue doing it due to l lack of viewers.
I'm currently just over 2400 in RBGs as disc. My usual RBG group made me play my shaman for the first half of the season because they would refuse to run with a disc. I ended up just running my own pug groups up to 2200ish to prove a point, and I eventually just stopped playing my shaman and said "I come on disc or I'm not coming at all".

Linking recount helps, because people often think that you're not pulling your weight because shields don't show up on the battleground meters. Anywhere between 30-50% of my healing is through shields.

The worst part is the constant feeling of unease, knowing that your teammates are secretly blaming every loss on you being disc.

It gets better with gear, and as long as the 40% PW:S buff goes live in 5.2, it'll be easier for us to justify a spot on a team.

I am so beyond jealous of your 2400 Rating. I'm still trying to finish my gear since I started half way through the season. It's extremely difficult getting a group to take me as Disc AND without full Malev. At the end of EVERY game, I link Recount's "Healing Done" and "Dispels". I try my hardest to top both to show I'm carrying my weight.
01/31/2013 07:35 AMPosted by Angeless
I also setup a stream but I'm not sure if I'll continue doing it due to l lack of viewers.

If you do keep streaming could you post the link? I'd like to watch some disc rbgs. Finally decided to play what's fun for me instead of what other people ask me to play.
Honestly, its all about the people you run with. Disc priests have great utility that alot of people over look. The one thing that can save a group has to be Power word shield. Its an instant *60k heal that can save someone from dying. While your other healers are trying to cast big heals, u can save the day by making them survive for that extra one second that is required for the other healers to cast that big heal.

Pain supression sucks. Its mega useful for the 9 seconds, but then the 3 minute cooldown is bummer.

I stack spirit for my gems so i have almost no mana issues. I usually dont switch to inner will, because if i get trained, ill die. i keep innerfire up all the time.

Communicate with your healers and let eachother know when u guys are drinking. Always have drink rotations and rotate the leafy greens that give u mana.

Leap of faith is the best move in the game and can save those pesky over extended DK's lives and its also useful in temple. The comp i run with is disc, MW monk and Rdruid.

I dont use the mind bender talent instead i use the one that gives u free flash heals.

Im 2150 CR and im in your guild :)

If you have any other questions, let me know. I am also Spééd: an officer in your guild :P

Ill see if i can post RBG videos on my disc priest. :)
Hi, I'm a new player :). I started wow at the beginning of mists and it took me a couple months to level my character so I haven't been pvping at level cap for to long.

Thank you for this thread! It gives me hope!

I'm practicing arena via 2's with a friend and I think I'm improving. Our rating right now hovers just above or just below 1500. Next season my other friend is gonna be back in wow (he's been away for two years), and we're gonna try and do 3's from the start.

I usually take angelic bulwark, but I'll try spectral guise. Somehow it never quite occured to me how nice one extra escape mechanic would be!

Anyways I can't wait for our buffs next patch. I hope they all go live :)

Thanks again Angeless!
Hi, I'm a new player :). I started wow at the beginning of mists and it took me a couple months to level my character so I haven't been pvping at level cap for to long.

Thank you for this thread! It gives me hope!

I'm practicing arena via 2's with a friend and I think I'm improving. Our rating right now hovers just above or just below 1500. Next season my other friend is gonna be back in wow (he's been away for two years), and we're gonna try and do 3's from the start.

I usually take angelic bulwark, but I'll try spectral guise. Somehow it never quite occured to me how nice one extra escape mechanic would be!

Anyways I can't wait for our buffs next patch. I hope they all go live :)

Thanks again Angeless!

Thanks. Ill post the stream when I start streaming. This weekend I won't be on much because of the super bowl and my gf. Keep practicing and use spectral guise all the time. The cool down is so short its worth spamming. One of my favorite things to do is spectral guise, walk over to the enemy healer and fear them. They never see it coming and has won me some arena matches.
Streaming (7:27 MST)

http://www.twitch.tv/Angeless1

Done streaming, Lost net 22 rating after 5 games and called it.
Update: I played a few games after I started streaming last night and got some of my points back. I'm back up to 2011. I also joined a new guild with the hopes of playing with this rbg team. They require that I play holy though so I respecced last night and started practicing. I have to say I hate it so far. I miss inner focus and focused will (dying sucks). I still have a while to go to learn but we'll see how it goes.
Don't hate on Holy until you give it a fair chance. The numbers are incredible. It's sad that your guild asked you to respec when you're doing so well as Disc, though. Until you are completely familiar and comfortable in Holy, which I suspect will take some time, you are probably better off playing Disc in your Guild RBGs. I would find a way to politely let your new guildies know that. The playstyles between the two specs are completely different.
02/04/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Flaxxen
Don't hate on Holy until you give it a fair chance. The numbers are incredible. It's sad that your guild asked you to respec when you're doing so well as Disc, though. Until you are completely familiar and comfortable in Holy, which I suspect will take some time, you are probably better off playing Disc in your Guild RBGs. I would find a way to politely let your new guildies know that. The playstyles between the two specs are completely different.

I couldn't agree more. I'm slowly learning but man I miss Focused Will and Inner Focus so much. I die in 1 stun :'(. Also, my Healing Done has gone down. I'll continue to talk to them and see if I can get them to change their mind. I didn't mean to bash on Holy as I've heard GREAT things from those who are proficient, but the play style is just SO different from what I'm used too. Any tips you could provide would be very much appreciated! I need to fit in the Lightspring Glyph but I don't know what to give up...
I haven't played many RBG this season because nobody will take me, lol.

So yah ... How I heal in a Random BG may be very different than how a Holy Priest would heal in a RBG.

Anyways, I'd suggest getting rid of ProM glyph for Lightspring. Lightspring puts on a really strong HoT can save you. Just be careful about placement, it has 186k health and can be killed by all the aoe damage flying around. I will admit to using it as a personal CD too because it has such a short cast time. It will also heal through walls and rocks. I use Fade and Inner Sanctum glyphs for the damage reduction. Once Holy gets focused will, that combined with Fade will give us 40% damage reduction :) I suspect that the Mass Dispel glyph would be mandatory for you in RBG, but in Randoms, I just don't need it. The Desperation glyph I don't bother with since Guardian Spirit is super buggy and doesn't work most of the time I try to use it.

I macro my Battlemaster trinket to Desperate Prayer, Healthstone and Healing Potion. Being an alchemist, I’ve had healing pots crit for over 200k on me, lol. That is my one basic big “holy crap I’m dying” combo that I use unless I’m able to freecast. Other things you can do during “holy crap” moments is to throw down banner, Lightspring and use shield for Diamond Soul and Fade. Guardian Spirit is worth trying, but I swear Blizz needs to look into this spell, it really is just broken.

Positioning, although always important, is even more so in Holy because you don't have that big insta-shield you can put on yourself to buy yourself some time to heal up. So I'm always really careful about where I position myself and try to make use of LoS wherever I can. I use Void Tendrils to buy some breathing room from melee trains. I basically just keep Renews ticking on everyone in range, HW: Serenity on CD goes to the lowest HP person in range, CoH if 3 or more are taking damage, ProM on CD (but be careful cause you want to use this in conjunction with HW:S), Cascade to refresh Renews. If you get into a holy s*it moment, and can LoS, go LoS and pop Divine Hymn. It will heal through walls and rocks :) In Random BG's I just stand there and cast it freely, but I suspect that wouldn't be the case in RBG - hehe.

I find that I'm 99% in Chakra Serenity - only popping out to use my disorient. I use a Cancel Aura Macro to do this quickly with one keybind. Lots of people aren't aware of what this spell is, where it came from and will trinket it, lol. HW: Serenity is really strong and used in combo with Holy Spark (4-set bonus) can give a huge crit heal. You just have to get used to ProMing a person before using HW: Serenity. This can often be tricky because if a person is getting trained and you want to save them, during the time it takes to ProM the target and then cast that HW: Serenity - the target may die. In those cases this is when I'd Shield the target first, buying me a little time to get the ProM and HW: Serenity off.

Seriously, I do try not to hardcast if I can help it because it seems like I constantly have melee on me. Or I may pop Tendrils on the melee to set up a juke against them so I can hardcast. In Random BG's I rarely find the need to hard cast at all. The best go-to combo if you are in a position to safely hardcast on a target is to Flash>Flash>Greater with a chance to Proc Divine Insight then ProM>HW:S. After 2 Flashes, Greater will cast at the same rate as Flash via Serendipity and save you mana. I found that once I got over 10k mana regen, I rarely have mana troubles anymore unless my team can't kill anything. I will say that I do feel like I drink much more than other healers, though, lol.

Sorry it took me days to respond. Hope you are enjoying Holy :)