Favorite Zone Music

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Nothing from Pandaria has stood out to me, but I do really enjoy most of Northrends music.

That song that you hear in Dalaran really takes me back. It's almost instant nostalgia.
Winterspring and Zul'Drak. :)
The towers in eastern plaguelands and the music played in Light's hope chapel.
Howling Fjord, Grizzly hills, or Ashenvale...can't pick.
Wintergrasp is probably my favorite.
Wintergrasp and Howling fjord hands down
I love the Night Elf starting zone music. It reminds me of when I first started playing on a trial account back in 2006. I HATE the new Felwood music. The trombone or what ever is making that "waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh" is so annoying. I actually turn the sound off during that.
The "Mysterious" tune that plays in Shrine of Goldrinn [Mount Hyjal] & Nek'mani Wellspring [Cape of Stranglethorn] .. as well as a few other select small areas.

It is the best sounding music in the game to me ... hard to explain ... it just moves me in a way the other tunes cannot. Now don't get me wrong, I love all the music in the game ... it is just that one tune is my absolute fave.
Ooh... tough choice. I think it's still Nagrand for me, but I also love Grizzly Hills, Storm Peaks, Sholazar Basin, Ashenvale, Netherstorm... think there's a couple others but they're not popping up in my mind at moment.

While Pandaria has good music, none of it strikes me particular like the ones above do.
If I could listen to music from just one zone, it would have to be Dragonblight. The score is just a perfect addition to the beautiful zone and really compliments the lore/storyline. I always look forward to questing here on my alts. To me, this is easily the most immersive area of the game.
Storm Peaks by far! The ominous and epic music there just reminds me of the glory days of Ulduar! So epic and exciting!

Also, the calm music at the Temple of the Moon in Darnassus. I used to go chill there just because of the awesome atmosphere and the music that went with it. If you've never experienced the Temple of the Moon and the music in it, I suggest you go visit it and enjoy the relaxation!
Nagrand. All others are inferior by comparison.
The Storm Peaks and Grizzly Hills/Howling Fjord are my favorites.
Well I have to say...I love all the music in WoW ..its all lovely
Hands down, my favorite is the music in Karazhan's ballroom, just outside Moroes' dining hall. <3 that harpsichord.
Westfall (cata) and Lion's Landing
Sholazar Basin is really good.
Two tracks stand out for me.

The first is the Antechamber of Ulduar. When I first heard it I was mesmerized. It said to me, "Welcome to this city, wrought by the hands of gods."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GG323s_CaQ

The second is the epic moment in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. It always played while I was fighting off a bunch of Mogu at once and it just set the moment perfectly.

Unfortunantely that specific track isn't anywhere on youtube, but the game files call it Golden Lotus Hero.
Loved them music in Wrath. Brings back many good memories when I hear it while leveling up an alt. I miss that expansion dearly :(