Brawler's Arena cooldowns

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
It's MoP, if you're having trouble making gold, or having a surplus already, you're doing something wrong. I got my invite for 16k, pocket change effectively.

With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it.

Waiting around for 5 minutes because we're stuck in a queue (which adds nothing to the game either by the way unless you're on a RP server I guess) isn't any better them sitting around waiting for a CD to finish.

Best thing to do is sit back, shut up, and enjoy watching the other fights. I find it pretty fun :)
12/24/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Brennvin
We are happy with the way cooldowns currently work for abilities in the Brawler’s Guild. Most of them should reset by the time the next fight begins (Yes, not all do but most fall into this category). Right now we don’t want to expand what types of content are given the free temporary respec and cooldown resets. Adding these to an element of PvE might lead to a slippery slope.

So I guess I'll just have to keep waiting on my 10 minute cooldown between every serious attempt.

OHBOYWHATFUN

12/24/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Sumcallmetim
If you can't win a fight that is meant to be a solo fight without blowing all your mid to long duration CDs; then you probably need to get better at playing your class.

Rank 7 and 8 bosses say hello. Here's guessing you've never done any brawling.
12/24/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Nzhuv
ITT: people all alone and stuck on summoner

How did you know? :O
Waiting on doomguard CD made me stop trying after about 10 pulls on R8 fights. That an epicus maximus killing my doomguard after 2 doombolts because of his random AoE one shotting him...

R1-R7 are all too easy on raid geared toons, R8 is just frustrating and isn't aided by CD's not being reset. Only ever go in there anymore when it's completly empty because I got tired of people stuck on Ixx whispering me trying to give me advice on R8 fights, insisting that they knew better.

Encountered the same issues on my lesser geared alts (ret pally and frost dk). If GoAk, or AoTd wasn't up, I barely made enrage on sometimes, mainly because I had to use resources to heal myself instead of deal damage. Long CD's suck in brawlers, and it's not just the 10 minute ones, I've had queues so short before that Wings on my pally didn't come back up.
I really wish there was a better way to handle buffs going in. Currently, the only boss I have left to beat is Epicus Maximus, and the only way I could possibly do it is with full buffs and a flask.

I've wasted many a flask having the only Paladin in the group leave right as I go in costing me the mastery buff. I really wish buff auras would carry through as well, as many auras seem overwrite casted buffs needing me to constantly ask other people to rebuff, not to mention spell haste would be very sexy ;).

Finally, along with Shelldoor, it's really frustrating to have our Doomguard get gibbed as soon as it's summoned and then having to wait 10 minutes in a near empty room for the CD to reset.
12/25/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Crackhammer
I really wish there was a better way to handle buffs going in. Currently, the only boss I have left to beat is Epicus Maximus, and the only way I could possibly do it is with full buffs and a flask.

So much this. Lack of 5% haste annoys me so.

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything

With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it.

I play on a medium population server and I rarely ever seen more than 5-8 people there. I've completed every fight except Disruptron and am forced to wait the 10 minute cooldown on Army of the Dead or else I likely won't beat the enrage as a melee. And if anything, the population of the brawler's guild is decreasing over time, not increasing. I even share cross-realm with 2 other servers.

No this does not mean nerf Army of the Dead so DKs rely less on it! PLEASE DON'T NERF ME :[
By the way, yesterday I found what seens to be a bug in Brawler's Arena.

Somebody was already fighting, and before he was done, other player entered the arena and began his fight. So we had 2 players and 2 bosses at the same time! This even happened to me once.

One of the times, there were FOUR players inside the arena with their respective four bosses! Needless to say, it was a wipe fest... Since there were abillities from all 4 bosses flying around lol

I don't think this is intended at all.
My queues are usually instant. >.<
We are happy with the way cooldowns currently work for abilities in the Brawler’s Guild. Most of them should reset by the time the next fight begins (Yes, not all do but most fall into this category). Right now we don’t want to expand what types of content are given the free temporary respec and cooldown resets. Adding these to an element of PvE might lead to a slippery slope.

Can you please consider adding raid buff consumables to the NPC that only work in Brawler's Guild? Any bosses past Dark Summoner are pretty much impossible without full raid buffs.

Thanks.
12/25/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Exse
Can you please consider adding raid buff consumables to the NPC that only work in Brawler's Guild? Any bosses past Dark Summoner are pretty much impossible without full raid buffs.

This. So much this. SO much this.
12/24/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Brennvin

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything

Don't worry guys, you won't find it annoying waiting for cooldowns when you have to wait for queues!

Um, wait a second.
12/24/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Brennvin

Some classes have to wait 12 minutes between battles.

Some classes have to wait 3 minutes.

Therein lies the problem.
12/24/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Sumcallmetim
If you can't win a fight that is meant to be a solo fight without blowing all your mid to long duration CDs; then you probably need to get better at playing your class.

Come back when you are dying to a 2 min enrage timer on a fight where you have to sustain 85k dps, then try and be sarcastic. That's what I thought.

I am OK with the CD's not being reset between fights because most of the time I have to wait 10 minutes anyway for a queue. What I am not OK with is getting 3 fights out of 1 flask.

Any chance that flask timers can be put on hold while in Queue for a fight? That would be a tremendous help and wouldn't be a "slippery slope" in my opinion.

And like others have said, can we get a buff system in there? It really is annoying needing 25 man raid buffs to down solo content unless you completely outgear it. I know I can pull the dps to kill the rank 8 fights, but without raid buffs I can not get to those numbers and I can't get raid buffs when I am in there.
This is pretty much 1 v X Arena matches.

So why can't you just apply the Arena codes to Brawler's Guild fights? Auto-clear all CDs and debuffs, fill health and resource bars for 10 seconds, then clear alternative resources and debuffs and such and start the fights.

Simple, really.

Thanks for using the Slippery Slope Fallacy in public.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/slipslop.html

The truth is that Blizzard is fanatically anti-convenience in MoP. There isn't a reason anymore. Anti-convenience is your reason. You guys are crazy. I wish the game industry would stop relying on artists to design games, because artists are so at-risk for going off the deep end like this.
It's called a cool down for a reason. Why don't they just get rid of cool downs all together? I know I sure would love to just use killing spree back to back to back.
5 minutes is not that long to wait. Bring a book, or a game on your DS or something to do while you wait if it bugs you that much. Or go do some pushups! Work off all that Mountain Dew you've been drinking!
<3
It's called a cool down for a reason. Why don't they just get rid of cool downs all together? I know I sure would love to just use killing spree back to back to back.
5 minutes is not that long to wait. Bring a book, or a game on your DS or something to do while you wait if it bugs you that much. Or go do some pushups! Work off all that Mountain Dew you've been drinking!
<3

10 minutes on the other hand, is obnoxious. Especially when no one else is queuing. I COULD be in that arena right now, but nope, enrage timers op. Need that doomguard... that btw hits less than it did in cata. still annoyed about that >.>
Maybe you should appreciate that you can use your cooldowns at all. All you have to do is wait for them to come up, i get to smash my face against bosses i literally cant kill because I have no cooldowns. To die to a boss in 486ilvl gear and watch some mage walk in in heroic gear and smash all his cooldowns and crush the boss that i just died to is incredibly frustrating.