Ashes of Al'ar

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
12/14/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Babelon
They upped the drop rate? When? I must have the worst luck.. Did the drop rate change only on Ashes, or others also like Ony?

NO. They did not.

I don't know.

4 guildies got it in one night. Seems to be dropping a lot more since 5.1
Yes, they upped the drop rate on this and the Ony drake. Kinda makes me sad. They're awesome mounts, but part of the thing that makes them special is their rarity.

When everyone has them and you see 10 per day, it becomes just another mount.

Not happy with the way Blizzard has been doing things at all lately.
I got mine on my 3rd run

:D

*high five*
First time in there on a solo run and I got mine... Does that count? : /

(went in there a few times prior to MoP in a group)

By far my longest run with farming a mount was the Raven Lord, which I ran 185 times before I finally got it. Darned Anzu...
Ashes dropped on my first run through there. Did it with one other person who was new to the game. Brought them to use the staff to stop the stuns. It dropped, we rolled, he won. He quit playing two weeks later.
97 Kael'thas kills and I've never seen a'lar.

12/13/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Smaragdus
I got the fiery warhorse on my 5th or 6th try

I've killed attunemen 1,167 times and never seen it drop.

You make me sad.
See . . . I don't understand this.

YAY I GOT THIS MOUNT FIRST RUN!

It's like rubbing it in the face of those who have farmed for YEARS.

Am I jealous? Nope. I got my dream mount after only 3 weeks (3 runs--whatever). Doesn't mean I came to the forums to brag about it to all the people who ahve been farming it forever and have yet to see it drop.

But aren't you doing that exact thing by telling everyone you got your dream mount after 3 attempts? Just sayin'

Just was using myself as an example. I never stated which mount it was. I never made a post about it.

I'm not saying I'm not happy for the guy. I'd be really pumed too if I had that kind of luck. however, when stuff like this drops for me (this particular mount being the only one), I didn't tell anyone. I knew some people who wanted it really badly and I felt like putting in my Real ID "AMAGAD IT INALLY DROPPED WHOOHOO!" would be a little inconsiderate for those of my friends still farming.
Yes, they upped the drop rate on this and the Ony drake. Kinda makes me sad. They're awesome mounts, but part of the thing that makes them special is their rarity.

When everyone has them and you see 10 per day, it becomes just another mount.

Not happy with the way Blizzard has been doing things at all lately.

See, for me, it dosn't matter so much. All that matters to me is I want it. I don't care who else has it or how rare it is. I LOVE my firehawk even though it is probably the most common raid mount in game. I LOVE my Ochre Warhorse (ahem--on my Horde) even though anyone with a little time and patience can get it. I don't care if EVERYONE is flying around on Ashes (and some days it seems like everyone is), I still think it's awesome and want it. I LOVE the Winterspring tiger and my only complaint is that Horde can't get it (it sure beats that purple chamelion-headed thing. I thought we were supposed to be riding around on raptors, not bipedal Jackson's chamelions!).

Who else has it doesn't bother me in the least. What matters to me is that I find things aesthetically appealing and I want it.
It looks like it's time to dust off the old torches and pitchforks.
1st run huh?
Luckiest thing I have is a Toxic Wasteling from AH for 200g and a Crawdad for 2k.
Congrats I haven't got mine yet. Maybe next week!
12/13/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Ashandis
First run ever through Tempest Keep and I got the Ashes of Al'ar. So pumped XD.

I hate you so much right now ._.
Congrats!

Is envious! lol

But very glad you got it. :)

I hate you so much right now ._.

Words cannot convey how much I agree with this statement.
2 within 7 runs, hello im best

1st i saw was 1st run, missed roll by a few. Next 6 runs later, won the roll by 2

oh, and 3 hawkstriders in 9 runs. kael loves me

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/tusnubie/WoWScrnShot_120512_204137-1.jpg

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358/tusnubie/WoWScrnShot_120812_033526.jpg
got my blue proto drake first run c;
12/14/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Shadewing
got my blue proto drake first run c;

Ugh. Took me . . .what, 3 years? I got mine a couple days before MoP dropped--right after they added in the account-bound mounts, I started running HUP every day on every toon I had that could do it. Finally got it on my pally.