Gearing Difficulties

Arenas
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 17 Next
I'm re-rolling and honestly I keep thinking about the 5 weeks it will take me to get weapons and it makes me not want to play anymore. I haven't even hit 90 yet =/
/bump
I already posted this on Norbok's WoW thread and in AJ.

Blizzard is in my opinion, is promoting people to play by compensating them with more gear throughout the season (Which in fact does help with keeping ladders active and reducing people sitting on rank 1's). This helps avoid people sitting down at Rank 1 early in the season and coming back still having a fighting chance (something I think Blizzard is trying to avoid).

However, I do think there are ideas that can be implemented to help with the gearing on alts. If you do continue to play throughout the entire season, YOU SHOULD BE AWARDED FOR IT.

By allowing your ALT characters to be able to CAP your MAIN characters maximum conquest points earned in the SEASON (with no weekly maximum limitations), you would have a better fighting chance and a more balanced game. I think if you took the time to cap all those points on one character, it should translate to your alternate characters, reflecting the time and effort spent in the game.

This way, Blizzard would be promoting game play and ladder activity without punishing players for not having the time, or simply because they leveled a secondary character later in the season.

This is not perfect, but is a start. I know this still affects people that started playing weeks into Season 12 on their main char's.

Great post Norbok, cheers.
Completely agree. I know it's an MMO and MMOs mean grinds, but there is no fun at all in playing a game where your hands are tied by something other than your own abilities; and even worse when the solution is to get one shot for weeks before it starts to feel like you stand a ghost of a chance.
Someone in another post did the numbers, and it came out to 28 weeks or something crazy to get a full set fully upgraded of conquest gear if your doing the bare minimums. WOW! anyone have numbers on what the average season lengths have been?

I am not looking for a handout, but I would like to be able to cap my gear even if I miss a few weeks. Not to mention be able to get a few peices of gear on an alt or two with out getting completely steam rolled for weeks on end. With the burst as crazy as it is, and the 30ilvl difference between honor and conquest ever piece counts.
Someone in another post did the numbers, and it came out to 28 weeks or something crazy to get a full set fully upgraded of conquest gear if your doing the bare minimums. WOW! anyone have numbers on what the average season lengths have been?

I am not looking for a handout, but I would like to be able to cap my gear even if I miss a few weeks. Not to mention be able to get a few peices of gear on an alt or two with out getting completely steam rolled for weeks on end. With the burst as crazy as it is, and the 30ilvl difference between honor and conquest ever piece counts.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415512354#5

The average season length from s1-s10 was around 23 weeks long with the first seasons of an xpac slightly shorter than the last.
Totally Agree, I started my lock about 5 weeks into the season and it was honestly dreadful. I loved alts in cata, being 2k + on multiple toons was rewarding to me even having a main. Now I do have a rdruid/lock/spriest with t1 but the thought of leveling another alt is just ridiculous now. The gear gap is too big from dread to 2/2 malv, also having no honor weapon and the weapon alone being a around 25% increased damage in pvp. (not sure exact number)
The gear gap from dreadful to mal was not so bad to begin with. Then they nerfed it to keep the pve people from "having" to farm it to raid... I am pretty sure that was the same reason they did not put the honor weapons in this season. I saw some blue weapons for this season on wowhead awhile back, but clearly they are not live.
i agree. pvp has become too centered around gearscore, and it's super annoying. the gear upgrading system is fine for pve, but it's so retarded to add it into pvp as well....tbh i'm astonished that they even added gear upgrading system in the first place, but it is what it is.

i think a good change would be to remove the conquest earned requirement for weapons, either that or add honor weapons. this would help the fact that 1550 exp'd trade chat players won't even play with any of my alts because of my gearscore/no pvp weapon. it really sucks that i can't arena on my alts for fun/competitively for at least 4 weeks since that's how long it'll take to grind the conquest points.... and when i do get my weapons, i'm still tremendously undergeared since i need a bagillion more conquest points to be on par gear-wise with the other players

another change i'd like to see is an increased conquest cap for alts, much like how getting valor capped increases the valor gained for a player's other characters by 50%.
This is a great post Nadagast with great suggestions. My friend has recently leveled his rogue up and has acquired the blue honor gear to arena. He only has two blue daggers however. When I am playing with him, even if we are outplaying the other team (with me having the pvp wep+,) he simply cannot do enough damage to put a dent in the other team, or he dies quickly. Some of this is because of mistakes, but many times, it is because the other team outgears us this far into the season. These would be great changes!
i actually hate to think about players wanting to play/try a different spec in pvp and having to regrind another set in the middle of the season

i wanted to change to feral so i could do some damage but it was practically a gear reset and a daunting task to consider
I just started trying to get into arena sometime during last season. Last season I mained another druid, and after he was about 90% conquest geared I started gearing my priest. At the end of the season I had 1 with full conquest gear and the other was missing only 4 pieces, and that was with missing several weeks capping points on both of them. This season yeah its not going to happen. The gear barrier from honor to conquest is just too much for my sensitive feelings. I get destroyed on this thing enough and it has 59% resil. I am not starting over with practically nothing. Hopefully I will have everyone I want to play leveled up for the start of the next season. Seems the new moto for arena is start early or start never.
So many good idea's nada. The bonus pool would be sick to have on an undergeared alt. Its just not that fun being a decnt(2k+) player outplaying 1500 teams, and yet still losing due to a giant gear difference.
Really good suggestions. I actually think this should be something implemented the next patch or as soon as possible - as the longer it goes with out the more people who become frustrated or uninterested.
Would be a great idea, right now its almost completely pointless to play an alt and it is far too difficult for new players to win games being so far behind in gear..
Very good idea for encouraging activity and competition implement pls pls
My biggest gripe is deciding to change specs mid-season, as i did on my pally im left with all this malevolent ret gear thats just gonna rot in my bags, i wish they would come up with a way to exchange gear for gear of a different spec. It doesnt really seem fair that say mages, locks, rogues ect. can use the same gear and play any spec they want while other classes are locked into 1 spec.
+1000000000000

This exact same topic has been overflowing in the forums. The players are unhappy. People are leaving this game because of it. I myself just hit 90 and find myself too far behind in the season to even bother with PvP right now... what would be the point? I have alts I'd like to level up and PvP with.. is that even possible in this game anymore? No incentive to PvP this late in the season, no incentive to level alts, no incentive to PvE... is there an incentive to Subscribe for PvPers that bought the expansion a few months later than everyone else? Not so much :\
If this leads to players capping arena gear too quickly, I suggest cutting the regular point cap provided from arena and RBG in half. Obviously numbers can be tweaked as needed.

This system would lead to more incentive for new players to participate in PvP by giving them easier initial opponents and by giving them a chance to catch up, at least somewhat, with the weeks of gearing that they missed. It would also give all WoW players some extra incentive to play some games every week, as they see their conquest bonus pool grow and grow. Some of these players might turn into active, engaged arena players. Let me know what you think!

entire post was to long to quote but anyways.. PLEASE STICKY id love to play another toon this season but thats out of the question if i actually want to compete.

i started this toon 3 weeks or so later then my main and feel miles behind the rest. Im imagining blizz assumed the players would play more if they had more gear to get or in this case upgrade.

But for me its just the opposite if nobody is on to arena with i simply close the game instead of saying well i could play my "blank" ( in my case would be enhancement shammy ^^) so instead of spending time on alts I'll just leave the leveling till right before next season..

Well at least i know next season ill have to level any toon i want to play and compete to 90 before the season starts.. wish i knew it wouldve been this rough being just a few weeks late.. i knew it would suck but sheesh with rbg caps going so i high i missed alot that my main scored on..