Gearing Difficulties

Arenas
Prev 1 4 5 6 17 Next
To add I am a altaholic. I love all the classes and consider it a boon to know each classes abilities. I have all but 2 classes at 90 now. As you can imagine I have been unable to start the season on time. Also with holidays etc I am inevitably going to miss a week. As it stands now I cap conquest on 5 different toons. This is a nightmare when I hit a gear wall. You can outplay all day but does not matter when you have less gear.
Garrett brewing up some juicy ideas!

Logged in to like. Hopefully Blizzard will take notice of the numerous 'high rated' threads on the same topic.

Take notes, Blizz! You should be encouraging people to play their different characters not discouraging.
In all seriousness, I will be beyond surprised to the point where I will literally !@#$ + piss myself if even a fraction of this is considered and/or glimpsed at. On that lovely note: Blizzard has an unusual way to develop new and innovative ideas, but this season of pvp has been a repeat of those who played SWTOR. However, SWTOR recognized their issues and acted upon it at a pretty decent rate. The point of my post is to explain that, again, this has been represented in another game yet Blizzard made the same mistake. Moreover, I know they kept track of SWTOR because initially they lost a good chunk of subscribers to it and their idea of pvp power/resilience is more than likely an idea from SWTOR because they came up with it first. Mistakes are an overwhelming factor in all Blizzard games/ideas; I believe their next mistake, unless I am proven wrong and I hope to w/e god out there that I am, will be to not listen to Nadagast.
Brilliant, valid and good points, didnt read all the comments just the original stuff but i agree 100%. Its super frustrating to say the least.
i like the one idea somebody brought up on the forums a couple days ago where the CP cap should be a season thing like for example

arena season cap (can be increased by rating)

week 1 2000
week 2 4000
week 3 6000

say if you or a friend missed 2 weeks they can still get 6000 points in 1 week. this will be the best thing to fix late joiners and alt gearing only down fall is people can get weapons very fast but then again most dps are useless without a pvp weapon as they are missing 20% damage.
so who cares how fast someone get a weapon at the point i trust hardly anybody cares how fast people gear up if anything people would like more geared people to choose from the only people that care about how fast people get gear is blizzard themselves.
the only problem with what OP is saying is that it makes too much sense, so blizzard would never consider any ideas he listed, even though he is a tourny level player.
I couldn't agree more. As a player who has achieved 2.2k+ on 4 different toons and 2.5k on my Shaman I recently came back to the game with some IRL friends and just dinged 90. I have the experience to do well, however I am so far behind in gear that I can't find anyone to play with at all and it is just not even fun to get stomped by people in full gear just because I started the season late.

I understand the desire to make players feel as though they are progressing throughout the season and give them incentive to keep playing. I also don't think I should be able to start mid season and be 100% equal with people playing all season, that's not fair. But it is also not fair for me to be so far behind in gear and never be able to catch up that I can't even compete just because I started the season late.

I like Nada's idea of the bonus pool the best, it allows for alts to gear more quickly and people who started into the season late to gear quickly and catch up. You still need to win your games and cap your points but it is a way to sort of catch up with those who haven't missed a week.

Honestly I loved TBC's system of having all off pieces for honor and main piece for arena points, with or without the gear requirement this would be great. It allows people with alts or who start mid season to catch up as fast as they choose too (based off the work they put into getting honor for the off pieces) however still leaves those who played form the start that little nudge ahead on arena pieces. But because there are only 5 pieces to get with conquest points being 1 or 2 pieces behind is not the end of the world.

The other problem I have with this new system aside from killing alts and people who started late....no chance at an offspec whatsoever. I love my resto shaman, but I want to try enhance and ele as well
agree
Great post Nada. I agree 100% with pretty much everything you said and suggested. Having to more or less pick one character to play for pvp is one of the reasons I cancelled my subscription earlier today. Implementing something like you suggested would go a long way towards making the game more fun and bringing me back.
I completely support this thread, as a returning player. I find it extremely hard to get into arena's right away. Also, this is what is keeping many players away who play classes that are underpowered , and can't to re roll b/c there way to far behind.
+1

Agree completely!
Adding my support.

This character's gearing is testament to the problem.
lately i'm no longer enjoying this game for many reasons

1 - a pvp game that favors gear over skill is fundamentally wrong

2 - battlegrounds are just not enjoyable anymore

the current system forms groups without taking factors like item level and mmr into consideration for the sake of fast queues, and the result is that 99% of the times you get a fast queue to a crappy frustrating match where one team overpowers the other, i personally would rather wait a long queue to play with people at my same level of gear and skill on both teams, the big amount of bots is a serious problem too

3 - in order to pvp you have to invest a lot of time doing other things you don't enjoy

i personally don't enjoy at all the other aspects of this game besides pvp, i hate quests, i don't like pve, professions etc... but to pvp i need stuff like gems, enchants, repairs etc.. things that cost gold, which means i have to dedicate time to other things i don't enjoy to get that gold

4 - if for some reason you miss some weeks of capping points you'll be in a disadvantage that you'll never recover from

6 - the class that you enjoy playing today might turn into crap the next patch/expansion

well, i play disc priest and blizz just ruined my spec this expansion, it's hard to find people who want to arena/rbg with me, the typical message you see in trade is always "LF healer for arenas/rbg, no priests PST" well, thanks blizz, i've thought about rerolling but......

7 - rerolling mid season and being competitive is just impossible

if i level a new toon right now by the time i hit 90 i'll be several weeks behind in points and the recent item upgrade addition (the worst addition to this game ever) means that i will never ever catch up, and btw, after leveling 4 main characters from wotlk to mop i honestly don't feel like going through all that boring grinding that is leveling a toon once more, not even with every heirloom, and then after that probably a month of grinding bgs where everyone will one shot me to get full honor gear, which of course will be the same as having no pvp gear at all because everyone will be full malevolent by that time

8 - class unbalances, lots of instant retarded ccs, etc...

also i personally don't like is being restricted to a single arena team per bracket, why can't people be in as many teams as they please? and why did blizz remove skirmishes? those were fun and good practice

so for all those reasons i'm done with this game, i hope someday blizz give us permanent tournament realms where everyone can create toons for pvp only and that would make me come back, meanwhile i'll play gw2 or something else
12/18/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Kesadilla
1 - a pvp game that favors gear over skill is fundamentally wrong

^This.
I had no idea there was a Valor buff to alts once you cap once in the week until a few days ago. Why isn't a similar system in the game for Conquest points?
12/18/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Elveria
I had no idea there was a Valor buff to alts once you cap once in the week until a few days ago. Why isn't a similar system in the game for Conquest points?

a quote from GC

"Yeah, would just need to avoid making botting more attractive. "

source https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/275623097867051008

when GC stop thinking like this then we will have a better system for pvp
I think have honor PVP weapons or just remove the require conquest point in a season for the PVP weapon would help a massive amount to bridge the gap between my blues and others with full Malovent and pvp weapons
12/18/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Tyricus
I think have honor PVP weapons or just remove the require conquest point in a season for the PVP weapon would help a massive amount to bridge the gap between my blues and others with full Malovent and pvp weapons

i fully agree with this 20% power is too great to wait over a month to get and makes pvp on a alt or late joiner a miserable experience.

a quote from GC

Wouldn't a faster cap on your alts make botting LESS attractive? I think the only reason people bot is because the grind is so long.

But even if that isn't true, you could change BGs so only the reward for winning goes up with this new alt cap speed increase e.g. winning gives 225 conq instead of 150 and losing gives 50 no matter what. That way, since bots cause losses, the grind will be harder if you bot than if you don't.

a quote from GC

Wouldn't a faster cap on your alts make botting LESS attractive? I think the only reason people bot is because the grind is so long.

But even if that isn't true, you could change BGs so only the reward for winning goes up with this new alt cap speed increase e.g. winning gives 225 conq instead of 150 and losing gives 50 no matter what. That way, since bots cause losses, the grind will be harder if you bot than if you don't.

sorry the quote wasnt directly for the conquest system i was using that as a reference of how GC thinks today because somebody asked him could we possibly get a random loot reward winning arena/rbg based on mmr and some how he thinks bots can take advantage of this even though the guy said it is required to "win" lol.