Gearing Difficulties

Arenas
Prev 1 6 7 8 17 Next
I want to get my alt shadow priest to 90, but i know it is pointless and i should wait till the next season starts.

+1

please this issue desperately needs to be addressed it is stopping people from enjoying the great arena system this game provides.
Just wanted to add to this post. I didn't level my rogue until late in this season, not realizing they were going to add a 2nd tier of gear. Now I'm completely hosed, none of my four level 90's can play arena competitively. And I have no hope of that changing this season, my only option is to just quit and wait for the new season to start.

Basically, nada is completely correct and this change to upgrading gear has basically destroyed the hope of any late comers and/or alts playing arena competitively. I believe this was added as a means to keep players active during the mid season as it tends to dip a bit, but this only discourages players from playing arena long-term. As who knows, maybe I'll be playing professional Runescape by the time the new season starts and not even come back.
Still no blue post on this. Is sad, a we recognize the problem copy and pasta response would even be appreciated. =(
HELP GAME IS BORING WITHOUT ALTS
Awesome post nada!
WTB a blue post..... Pfffff LOL LIKE THAT WILL HAPPEN, sometimes I crack myself up.
It is rediculous. I quit during the first season of cata along with the rest of my friends, we are just now coming back into the game and arena is terrible. Our poorly geared characters with heroic weapons stand no chance against players in the 1500-1800 mmr with their T2 weps from RBGS. We are all 2600 players yet we have given up any chance of fully gearing this season or obtaining a title because of how far behind we are. The very least blizzard can do is let people get their full conquest point cap and not stop at 1800/2200 because not everyone can do rated battlegrounds.
+1
This needs to happen. One of my friends recently came back to the game, we want to play some 3s and try to get high rating, but he will never catch up in gear. It's gonna take him forever just to get t1 wep, then once he gets full malevolent everyone will be fully upgraded. -.-

At first i thought this upgrading gear thing was cool, it's the worst update I've ever seen. Another solution could be to make all gear upgrade with honor points, that way it just takes a couple days of farming bgs to catch up.
I think another big problem which could be solved by fixing is the fact that for the first couple of months after hitting 90 you can only arena for 1 hour each week.. and can't have fun in arena till you are geared
You guys do realize that there is a point in game where everyone gets fully geared...
I was able to farm 2-3sets in every season before and still had alot of time left in the season, they increased point cap, but now you have to upgrade your gear, everything evens out. I dont believe that alts should catch up to mains in gear just like that, I wish you guys played back in bc, or even vanilla, and appreciate how easy pvp gear is today to obtain...
You guys do realize that there is a point in game where everyone gets fully geared...
I was able to farm 2-3sets in every season before and still had alot of time left in the season, they increased point cap, but now you have to upgrade your gear, everything evens out. I dont believe that alts should catch up to mains in gear just like that, I wish you guys played back in bc, or even vanilla, and appreciate how easy pvp gear is today to obtain...

Not sure you read the OP fully.... That system worked great back in the day before the PVP power on weapons.....
+1 Im an alt-aholic I play every class in this game If I didn't have to gear for as long It would improve my experience greatly, atm Its such a bother to cap my toons (other then my monk and my rogue who have been 90 since a few weeks into xpac. Great post Nada.
12/19/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Maikopl
I wish you guys played back in bc, or even vanilla, and appreciate how easy pvp gear is today to obtain...
Im sooo tired of hearing this you vets need to learn that times and games change. Not to mention do you not think the OP played in those times or even read the full post?

It has nothing to do with TBC and vanilla, gearing in this game is brutal for alts and that is our point. They assume adding gear upgrades will add playtime sure now I ONLY play 1 toon and if the team isnt on im off for the night instead of saying hey lets play this toon or that one etc etc.
I have 2 concerns about pvp gearing right now.

Starting pvp weapons.
We don't have honor weapons cause pve people would feel forced to pvp. Dafuq?
We have a scenario that takes 5 min to complete and can queue right after hitting 90 that gives you a ilvl 450 blue weapon.
So we could easily have crafted pvp weapons ilvl 450 to go along whit the contenders sets that NO ONE would want for pve as they can instantly get one superior at 90.
Then we have dungeon finder. This isn't cata, dungeons are pretty easy even whit the minimum ilvl for queuing. You get 463 weapons here.
Why don't we have ilvl 458 honor weapons to go along whit dreadful set? Who would pvp to get a 458 weapon when they could be instead doing dungeons to get a 463 weapon + other gear + pve currency ?

Right now someone that hits 90 has to pvp whit a 450 weapon (or BE FORCED TO PVE for a 463/476 one) for a month before having access to a pvp weapon. A tier 1 weapon has around 20% pvp power. The difference is just insane.

Same mistake as the past xpac. But now is worse cause you have the perfect tool (lower ilvl whit lots of pvp power) to avoid any "forced to pvp/pve to get weapons". Really disappointing to see such a poor use of a good mechanic.

Elite conquest weapons
I think at this point everyone realized that 2.2k is now what 2.7k used to be.
Even at 2k weapons will be harder to get than at 2.2k in the past.

Actually unless this season lasts 28 weeks, a huge majority of players will not get fully geared this season, even if they started day 1.

28 weeks is how long it takes to fully gear 1 set this season at the 1800 point cap. They have also increased the cost of some items on top of adding the upgrade system.

I played back in vanilla and bc, in vanilla you just needed blues from dungeons to be able to do good in bgs. In BC, I had season 1 gear and hit 2k in 2s during season 4 playing a very unpopular comp. 3 seasons behind in gear didn't hold you back at all compared to now. As of right now if you are even half a season behind in gear you are at a massive disadvantage unless you play certain classes/ comps.

So saying pvp gear this season is easy to obtain is not true at all. It didn't matter how much arena gear you had in BC there was always room to progress. This season you are held back without gear and it's much much harder to pregress.
Someone I think already mentioned it, but it would be nice if you could again convert Valor to Conquest point. Would help gearing up quicker
I just wanna see a catch up system implemented. If I play 3 weeks like clock work then get shot and am in the hospital recovering for 2. I want to come back and catch up on the 2 weeks I missed! If i come back and win enough matches to catch back up to the season cap I would be excited! But nope now I can never catch up and be down 2 entire weeks.

Edit~ I was not shot! lol
I really like the pool idea.

I tend to think the features in MoP to keep players out of PvP far outweigh those to draw new players in.

In my understanding the Honour gear was nerfed (and very quickly too) so that Justice gear didn’t appear pointless to PvEers. Honour weapons removed also so as not to inadvertently compel PvEers to PvP. This design choice has almost certainly created an excessive gap in capability between geared and non-geared characters in PvP creating the situation of ‘gear from week 1 or get out’.

PvP is almost my entire motivation to play this game and I’ll admit to barely playing my characters this season and certainly gaining little satisfaction in doing so. I’d like to run additional characters but at this point I feel the commitment to frustration required to get through the gearing phase is too much for the likely small window of time I might have available at a reasonably developed gearing level before the season ends.

When I see a pair of Rank 1 players struggling and being gibbed in the 1600-1800 bracket, skill can’t be the issue, so it must be gear. It makes little sense to have a game where one of the most skilled players in the world struggles to overcome a gear barrier and becomes frustrated levelling an alt.

In a PvE context there are various tiers of content where gear drops so a player can progress from any starting point without being out of their depth. That just isn’t true in PvP where despite the intention of the base 40% resilience to improve the experience of under-geared or mixed-gear players, the burstiness designed into the game and the enormous gear chasm can make even BG honour gearing feel like a fairly poor experience.

It would feel so much better to embark on the painful exercise of gearing a newly 90 character if there was a means crossing the chasm at an accelerated rate.

At present I just feel this season is a total write off and I may as well just level characters in the hope the game becomes less painful, or else walk away.

I saw Blizzard trot out the glib line that you don’t need to do dailies to advance characters for PvE (even though it helps a lot) yet by the same logic players don’t need to do PvP either, so quit nerfing the gear path and fun for the players who do want to PvP to appease those who don’t.
Of course... no blue post here, but blue posts in irrelevant threads.... nothing has changed.