Best Paladin spec for Pvp

Paladin
After playing for almost 5 months, I am finally deciding to bite the bullet and dive into the world of pvp! Granted it will be on my 90 paladin, whom I have neglected once I started leveling my DK. As of now, what is currently the most viable spec for a Paladin?
Always has and always will be holy.

Get in the back and heal, paladin!
rofl
Prot with Force Reactive Disk

GG rogues!
I'm so bad at healing (hadn't practiced much), but the other day no healers were in the bg, so I switched to holy spec with a few holy pieces...needless to say, I believe a mage outhealed me. lol

Something i'll have to practice like everthing else :)
Holy without a doubt

You get all the "utility" that ret gets as their excuse for garbage balance and you are actually decent at your role (healer)

Ret is under tuned for damage and the devs have stated they are happy with that

Prot is an utter joke in pvp and hasn't been viable since mid cata

So really, holy is the only real competitive pvp spec pallies have imho
Stick with Holy. I pvp'd back in cata with almost full cata gear and had a blast healing. I'm trying to get to 90 quickly so I can start healing again.
Holy without a doubt

You get all the "utility" that ret gets as their excuse for garbage balance and you are actually decent at your role (healer)

Ret is under tuned for damage and the devs have stated they are happy with that

Prot is an utter joke in pvp and hasn't been viable since mid cata

So really, holy is the only real competitive pvp spec pallies have imho

yep the Devs said they are happy with Ret being under-tuned. But it's nothing targeted or malicious LMAO
Ret can be a lot of fun but Holy will probably rack up more wins at the end of the day as the Alliance lacks healers.
01/03/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Gobblueth
After playing for almost 5 months, I am finally deciding to bite the bullet and dive into the world of pvp! Granted it will be on my 90 paladin, whom I have neglected once I started leveling my DK. As of now, what is currently the most viable spec for a Paladin?

holy pally......... ret and prot are bad atm
holy is better than awful just bad no way to address stuns, fears,locks, ect and thats all you get is a staedy diet of cc you cant do a damn thing about maybe carry a jar of ezglide
Holy has always been the main stream Paladin PvP spec and it has always been the most viable - but as it stands atm - there's just way too much cc in the game that any spec in a BG often just gets crapped on... and healers or weak specs always become primary targets - GL
The best spec is to go find a game with real PvP. TF2 and Chivalry are both excellent choices, although dota2 was pretty fun as well.
Holy is really good for their utility. BoP is one of the main reasons their so good, for when you run with a class like enhance who has no bubble for themselves. Granted its only physical protection. And dispellable.

But still damn good.
kinda have the same problem.. what would you guys say? i wanna do pvp and dungeons, but im not big of a healer person. does the protection spec do lots of damage or..?
01/12/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Tylie
kinda have the same problem.. what would you guys say? i wanna do pvp and dungeons, but im not big of a healer person. does the protection spec do lots of damage or..?

nope although ive seen prots claim they can take a ret 1v1
The defensive abilities of paladins work well with a healer mindset, notsomuch with a burst DPS mindset. Why bring half a healer, or why bring a subpar burst?

Ret has no real role and it suffers for it, its almost to the point of being unviable in arenas, and already feels that way in RBGs.
I agree with watervendor i use protection in pvp and with a half decent healer horde need their whole team to even come close to killing me and has proven to be a winner in many a bg. Have had tons of bg's where the so called best pvp tanks (dk) cant get out of fr and my pally breezes through and gets to mid to get a well earnt heal and with some good teamwork wins the day.
Depends on what you enjoy OP. If you like to heal go Holy(or Ret lololol), if you like to dps go Ret, if you want to have no role whatsoever go Prot.

Imho, Ret needs a sustained damage buff, and Prot could be made to be a viable FC.

But if you don't enjoy the spec, viability is irrelevant