Blizzard please delete topic

General Discussion
Post Limit:
12/25/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Eliil
To lmao above me, calling out players for ANYTHING is against the forum rules, and I am DEMANDING you delete your post, as it has been reported.

o.O

Tovi I think you misunderstood me, I am not saying that people shouldn't be nice to people and give others a helping hand, I'm just warning them that they do so at their own risk as in my experience, a large majority of players, simply never deserved that helping hand. What's wrong with that?

Yes, my heart has been hardened through bad experience, it's all fine to say "oh you should give freely and expect nothing in return" but the way I see it, given the fact that a large portion of wow's player base is homphobic and racist, I simply choose not to risk helping someone with that mentality, ever again. Yes this means, generally good people might not receive help from me they probably deserve, but you can thank the griefers for that.

why you calling out the playerbase as being homophobic and racist?
12/25/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Eliil

You sound like an incredibly selfish person.

If everyone thought the way you did, there wouldn't be any soup kitchens or Goodwills.

Selfish? No. I speak from personal experience. I will always give to my friends and help them however I can, anyway that is within my power. There's selfishness and there's self-respect. God, I've given valor epics to someone back in cata, to help them out, and what ended up happening they found out something about me they didn't like from someone else and go trolling me about it on trade, using my personal business against me to the point where I had to make a ticket. There is NO chance in hell I am giving ANY handouts to ANYONE else in this game, until they proven to me, that their heart is pure and good. I suggest if you have self respect, you do the same.

It's freaking CHRISTMAS. This is the time of year you're supposed to break your rules and be nice to someone. This guy isn't saying he goes around lowbie zones every day and does this - he does it on Christmas. He's giving people Christmas presents. I agree with you, if someone was in the lowbie zones all the time giving them everything it'd create a bad example... but doing it on Christmas? That's another story altogether.
Oh, Christmas was yesterday here in Australia, so I've kind of already gone back to my normal thinking.

Now until Blizzard moderators get here and either delete this thread or remove certain people's posts, to the people attacking my character, I would just like to say this, I have NEVER ever begged anyone for gold or a handout, you will find absolutely ZERO evidence or screenshots of this, and yes, some people have an issue with someone that doesn't want to go onto vent to get through a raid or whatever. From my point of view, organizing a raid team, and even PAYING someone to lead on vent from trade etc if that's what the guild group needs. If I was that desperate to raid and get carried, I would just buy a carry with the 50k + in my guild bank.

And if I find ANYONE trying to track down my toon on Nagrand via an addon or whatever, I WILL report for harassment. I speak on Eliil for a reason, and am going to be going to the customer support forums now.
.................... thank god I won't ever have to deal with you again. People like you kind of make me a little sick.
12/25/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Eliil

You sound like an incredibly selfish person.

If everyone thought the way you did, there wouldn't be any soup kitchens or Goodwills.

Selfish? No. I speak from personal experience. I will always give to my friends and help them however I can, anyway that is within my power. There's selfishness and there's self-respect. God, I've given valor epics to someone back in cata, to help them out, and what ended up happening they found out something about me they didn't like from someone else and go trolling me about it on trade, using my personal business against me to the point where I had to make a ticket. There is NO chance in hell I am giving ANY handouts to ANYONE else in this game, until they proven to me, that their heart is pure and good. I suggest if you have self respect, you do the same.

That's not "self respect", that's just plain retaliatory behavior..."oh poor me, someone screwed me over...I know, I'll treat everyone else like the bad person treated ME!!".

I REALLY feel sorry for you, your life must be so sad.
Every year since I have started playing I roll a level one alt who is one of Greatfather Winter's sons and load up with bags, level 5 gear and some gold and run to Northshire and hand out gifts to brand new wow players who just started the game. You know 2- 3g starting money and a 10 slot bag that kind of thing as a welcome to our world kind of thing in the spirit of the season. Kind of like WoW toys for tots

I like you.

I do the same thing all the time (Though I do it at the end of Expacs usually...)

Its a little sad that I can't do it for everyone
To the new player that was helped, I am glad that someone did help you, and I am glad that worked for you. I may reconsider my position, considering people like you.

Wylde: PLEASE BACK OFF. There's no need to make insults such as "oh your life is sad", do I accept that my lack of trust in people, due to a deep amount of hurt I've experienced in this game (and elsewhere) is an issue for me, absolutely, but when all I have to do is type "hello" in a general channel, and get flamed on by certain guilds that simply don't like me, or whatever, of COURSE I'm not going to be that trusting of people. I do have a condition that not many people understand, I would never use it an excuse to not take full responsibility for my actions (especially if those actions/choices have caused others pain), and it's something that I have to live with and work on every single day.

As for me going to customer support forums, there is a CLEAR breach of privacy that's happened here, and I am going to express concerns about this breach, as to me, it's a VERY serious issue that I am going to take up with Blizz. That's not related to the topic.

BACK to the topic, if you are giving to other people out of the goodness of your heart, and you are feeling better about yourself for it, GREAT. Perhaps I was a bit hasty in my language and the way I expressed myself. Perhaps in time, I will realize that not everyone is a griefer and I've just had a few bad apples, only time will tell.

At the heart of it, I suppose in context, giving out bags and gold to help someone get started isn't such a big deal, as that won't last them for very long anyway. Also, as an aside sometimes I do offer free mage portals etc on my mage in the trade channel when I'm in a nice friendly mood, but I guess that's less of a big deal as that's usually a one off thing (also a result of feeling guilty for perhaps not being as kind to other mages in the past as I could have been).
i honestly dont see a problem with crz...people complain about merging servers...CRZ is a test to see how the servers handle the merging...