RBG Finder

Battlegrounds
oQueue is decent but it doesn't have the coverage. Not enough people are using it b/c its not part of the game. I agree that it puts WOW devs to shame tho.... a glance at KT / Illidan trade chats should make any WOW dev just embarrassed.
12/30/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Vexlander
Queue is decent but it doesn't have the coverage. Not enough people are using it

Yep, this is the one hurdle that oQueue needs to overcome, and it's up to us - the community - to spread the word.

Just how DBM, BGT, Bartender/Dominos, Recount, Atlas, Healbot, Grid, Xperl, Tidyplates, etc. have become standard addons, oQueue needs to be to. Every player that plans on pvping should get it. That is the goal. Mass adoption of oQueue will only make pvping a more rewarding experience.
12/30/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Revolt
Queue is decent but it doesn't have the coverage. Not enough people are using it

Yep, this is the one hurdle that oQueue needs to overcome, and it's up to us - the community - to spread the word.

Just how DBM, BGT, Bartender/Dominos, Recount, Atlas, Healbot, Grid, Xperl, Tidyplates, etc. have become standard addons, oQueue needs to be to. Every player that plans on pvping should get it. That is the goal. Mass adoption of oQueue will only make pvping a more rewarding experience.

exactly
Blizz should really do that it would help out alot on realms like the forgotten coast its pretty much dead its so hard to get an RBG going now
RBGs can be done xrealm, CURRENT raids however (such as MSV, ToES, and HoF) can not be done xrealm which is why raid finder in my opinion is a good idea. There really is no need for a RBG finder, I guess no one here remembers when RBGs were not xrealm. If RBGs were not xrealm now then I could see this RBG finder being plausible because people on dead servers may not be able to find groups. With RBGs being the they currently are all you really need is a full gemmed honor set, a heroic weapon, and a level 1 toon to spam with on KT and you should be able to find yourself a group alot better than one a RBG finder would produce,
12/30/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Kanyewestqt
and a level 1 toon to spam with on KT and you should be able to find yourself a group alot better than one a RBG finder would produce,

This is the problem we're trying to address. Yes, spamming trade chat on level 1 alts works. But how is that fair to the actual population of that server? Have you tried USING trade chat on those servers? It's a nightmare.
all you really need is a full gemmed honor set, a heroic weapon, and a level 1 toon to spam with on KT and you should be able to find yourself a group

reading comprehension... not. so. good.
RBGs can be done xrealm, CURRENT raids however (such as MSV, ToES, and HoF) can not be done xrealm which is why raid finder in my opinion is a good idea. There really is no need for a RBG finder, I guess no one here remembers when RBGs were not xrealm. If RBGs were not xrealm now then I could see this RBG finder being plausible because people on dead servers may not be able to find groups. With RBGs being the they currently are all you really need is a full gemmed honor set, a heroic weapon, and a level 1 toon to spam with on KT and you should be able to find yourself a group alot better than one a RBG finder would produce,

Since they are xrealm, it's the perfect reason to put something like Oque into wow somehow. I never ever find all 10 players from one server, it just doesn't happen. I really thought they would put in some kind of way to find people xrealm after making rbgs mandatory for your cp cap. I can hardly find a group on my own server, let alone making a level 1 on a completely different server (and then the competition if everyone listens to your suggestion...)
What Jugaa said ^^^ why I created this thread. TRUTH
battlemasters.org

oQueue
With the old Looking for Group tool wasn't part of the problem that you had to reset your settings each and every time you logged in? Another issue I remember with it was that it was an opt-in system.

However many features that get a lot of use (trade chat for instance) are designed as opt-out. Implementing some thing like this being opt-in only I think would be doomed to failure.

Sadly there's logistical problems with an opt-out cross server O-queue.
We have some arrogant/ignorant people demotivating Oq on the official wow forum, we need to clean the house first so that the program gets more popular, don't you think?
So what you're saying is...you want an 'in game' battle masters?

Not a bad idea but you'd be dealing with potentially THOUSANDS of people trying to use that system....

They'd have to be able to hold up a lot of people accessing those servers etc.
12/31/2012 02:13 AMPosted by Florencia
We have some arrogant/ignorant people demotivating Oq on the official wow forum, we need to clean the house first so that the program gets more popular, don't you think?

Yes it would probably be better if the mod took off much the same way that many of the features in Deadly Boss Mods are now base line today.
So what you're saying is...you want an 'in game' battle masters?

Not a bad idea but you'd be dealing with potentially THOUSANDS of people trying to use that system....

We already HAVE this ... its called KT / Illidan trade chat and its a Cluster-F
Anyone have any other suggestions around this idea?

Any Blizz input?
I would personally like to see a Battlemasters type system in-game that would allow you to message or invite people straight from the list just by right clicking on their name. I have a feeling some kind of cross-realm LFG system for RBG's will be implemented at some point, probably when they revamp the regular BG queue system, I just hope it gets done right.
A year from now:

Blizz the rbg finder is vsing me against full premade rbg teams on skype, this is bull!@#$, stop it now or I unsub, totally unfair!
battlemasters.org

oQueue
battlemasters.org

oQueue

Read the thread, already discussed, insufficient