Best Warlock minions to use

New Player Help and Guides
I'm no new player to WoW, but I have never really played a warlock thoroughly and im confused about which pets fit different occasions.
I normally pull top DPS and I am currently using the Shivarra because I took the Grimoire of Supremacy.
Any pro-tips from an experienced warlock would be great thanks.

I am playing Destruction by the way
From what I read Demonology Warlocks should be using their Felguards (or Supremacy equivalents) for both Single target and AoE.

Here is a great resource to use for Rotations and Cooldowns:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warlock/demonology/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns
The OP asked about Destruction, not Demonology.

Slaanesh - when solo questing, a Destruction or Affliction warlock will usually use the Voidwalker/Voidlord.

When doing a dungeon while leveling up, it really doesn't matter whether you use the imp/Fel imp, succubus/shivarra, or felhunter/observer. The damage difference won't be huge. They all have some use.

At level 90, I think the Observer does the highest damage, but using Grimoire of Sacrifice does more damage still, at least for now (Sacrifice is being nerfed slightly in 5.2).
For me, I mostly use my imp for PVE as it seems to pull out more damage. When it comes to pvp I mostly use the Shivarra as she stuns people non stop :) I use my voidwalker when I face tough fights well questing, but thats about it. I sometimes pull out my observer for pvp, but he does not do enough damage for me to use him in PVE.
12/31/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Amandalynn
The OP asked about Destruction, not Demonology.

So he did, my bad. I don't remember that edit being there before I posted, but I could be wrong. Thanks for pointing that out, as I only think I had what spec he logged out in to go by.
12/31/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Amandalynn
Slaanesh - when solo questing, a Destruction or Affliction warlock will usually use the Voidwalker/Voidlord.

I've only used the tanks when soloing elites. For normal questing as Affliction, it's still faster for me to drain tank with Observer/Felpuppy.

For Destruction PvE, my preference has been Imp alive or Felhunter sacrificed.
Haha yeah I forgot to mention that i was playing Destruction. But thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it
I used to be demonology before the patch changes but switched to affliction...and I'm really starting to like that play style...I usually have my imp up...and only sacrifice him if I need to.
Also helps having the glyph of siphon life...your corruption spell will heal u for 20% of the damage dealt...which is a nice perk.
How do I make a different char instead of this pally pop up? I want to use my Level 82 Destro Lock on here.
How do I make a different char instead of this pally pop up? I want to use my Level 82 Destro Lock on here.

You should really make your own thread next time instead of resurrecting a dead thread from months ago (especially if said thread has nothing to do with the topic for your question).

This game changes quite frequently and info that could have been correct even last month may be woefully inaccurate today. Dead threads contain outdated info, info that's best left on the bottom of the forum where newbies who don't know better are less likely to find it.

Now as for your actual question:

Top of the page on the right side, click the down arrow next to your posting character's name & image (it looks more like a "v" than an arrow).

That will bring up a list of your characters, select the character you want to post with from the list. If you have many characters (more than 5 or so) then you may have to go to the full list of characters of yours by clicking the "manage characters" option at the bottom of the list to see additional characters of yours.
because a problem is that he has an oomlat or 2 dots above the E in his name, Oracle.
because a problem is that he has an oomlat or 2 dots above the E in his name, Oracle.

What does that have to do with you selecting a different character from the list? You don't have to type it in or anything. Just click the down arrow up above next to your current posting character's portrait and select the character you want to post with from the list.
and I did that. and I was just googling for the best minion anyways and just decided to ask it quickly
06/30/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Paladincakes
and I did that.

So then why mention the oomlats or the name of the character? If you followed my directions (like you said you did) then him having a special letter in his name wouldn't factor into it at all.
It depends on spec and PvE or PvP, for PvP i suggest the Shivarra cause she has a stun, and for PvE i dont think it quite matters, If im questing i prefer viodlord but in dunegons id day harbringer or fel imp ( wrath bringer works also if you're demo)