Pet Battles Updates

Pet Battles
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Cory Stockton ‏@mumper
@Moshne The hotfix requires restarts. Should see it on Tuesday.

12:46 PM - 14 Dec 12
Rumor has it (data mined) that Pet cages that require lv 20 to use are in file just not in game, does this mean in the future that a "hot fix" is going to be applied to stop player from realm/faction hopping to trade/sell pets, OR will some previous non cage-able pets be cage-able?
I would assume that its to stop pet selling/trading,or was it considered then abandoned?
well this makes it a bit less bothersome to level lower pets.
I'm very happy with this change. This is going to be huge in some of the trainer fights as pets with explode don't always work on all of them....at least not if you want to down them in a timely manner.
I never went so far as to purposely kill my higher level pets off, but I wasn't too sad if they happened to die either. Thanks for this wonderful change!
I love this change.

Though that means Mr.Pinchy (AKA Zerabubuse) wont ever leave my roster now.
Hurray!
Hazzah!!

tis a good day <3
Huh, I thought this had already gone in given the exp my pets were getting today. Maybe I was just delirious from weekend excitement.
o.O Huzza! Was not expecting that at all.
Yay! I wasn't expecting that, lol.

I try not to power level my pets that way unless I'm collecting and leveling at the same time. If I'm just leveling I liked to try and get 3 pets of the same level-ish. It's significantly slower though...
Any chance we can see the exp bonus from the hat activating from our bags in the future?

For hunters, if we have our pets out (and warlocks), we can be attacked while in a pet battle by enemies. I'm not referring to other players. We can be forced out of the battle because of our pet, and then chances are our pet ends up killing the pet we were battling with an AoE move.
Any chance we can see the exp bonus from the hat activating from our bags in the future?

For hunters, if we have our pets out (and warlocks), we can be attacked while in a pet battle by enemies. I'm not referring to other players. We can be forced out of the battle because of our pet, and then chances are our pet ends up killing the pet we were battling with an AoE move.

I'm not sure why the hat would affect any of that, but would putting your pet on passive when fighting help?
Yay! Awesome, thanks!

I'm not sure why the hat would affect any of that, but would putting your pet on passive when fighting help?

Nope. The mobs aggro your pet, which draws you out of the battle.

At lower levels, losing a head piece for a vanity item like that could mean the difference between dying or surviving. Hell, even at this level it can be that if you're unlucky, as there's a lot of pets that are present around elites, etc.

Unfortunately, as we're forced to wear the hat for the bonus, hunters and warlocks are unjustly punished in some situations.
12/14/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Reinhilde
Unfortunately, as we're forced to wear the hat for the bonus, hunters and warlocks are unjustly punished in some situations.

Hunters can battle wild pets while feigned, so really it's just warlocks.
12/14/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Ryxl

No.

Your pet does not feign with you. The issue is mobs attacking your pet, not you.

It will still draw you out of combat if your pet enters combat.
12/14/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Reinhilde

No.

Your pet does not feign with you. The issue is mobs attacking your pet, not you.

It will still draw you out of combat if your pet enters combat.

Yeah it really is an issue for hunters. We have to dismiss our pets or they'll pull mobs. Feign doesn't work on pets. I mean, in combat I feign to get mobs off me sometimes and onto my pet.

Our pets should phase with us because it puts us, and other pet classes, at a much greater disadvantage. Esp on pvp servers.
This is the most amazing news ever. Thanks a lot! <3