Pet Battles Updates

Pet Battles
Post Limit:
Rumor has it (data mined) that Pet cages that require lv 20 to use are in file just not in game, does this mean in the future that a "hot fix" is going to be applied to stop player from realm/faction hopping to trade/sell pets, OR will some previous non cage-able pets be cage-able?
I would assume that its to stop pet selling/trading,or was it considered then abandoned?

wouldn't do much good - people can just make a DK. I see no point in forcing people to repeat an hour's worth of quests just to make a trade.
Rumor has it (data mined) that Pet cages that require lv 20 to use are in file just not in game, does this mean in the future that a "hot fix" is going to be applied to stop player from realm/faction hopping to trade/sell pets, OR will some previous non cage-able pets be cage-able?
I would assume that its to stop pet selling/trading,or was it considered then abandoned?

wouldn't do much good - people can just make a DK. I see no point in forcing people to repeat an hour's worth of quests just to make a trade.

Has anyone considered the possibility that this might be related to the (already mentioned) trading of pets that are currently bound to character?

Does it state level 20 "pet" or level 20 "player" ?

Yeah it really is an issue for hunters. We have to dismiss our pets or they'll pull mobs. Feign doesn't work on pets. I mean, in combat I feign to get mobs off me sometimes and onto my pet.

Our pets should phase with us because it puts us, and other pet classes, at a much greater disadvantage. Esp on pvp servers.

Its an inconvenience at the moment, to be sure, but I wouldn't call it a much greater disadvantage.

It should be fixed and it probably will be but the simple work around is dismiss your pet when you're doing pet battles. Obviously its not ideal, but it is also not a big deal.
It should be fixed and it probably will be but the simple work around is dismiss your pet when you're doing pet battles. Obviously its not ideal, but it is also not a big deal.

Just got pulled into combat by my pet and the mob used an AOE that killed the pet I was about to capture.

So yeah, on rare occasions, it can be pretty annoying.
This is bogus.

1) You can dismiss your pet and have no disadvantage whatsoever
2) You can (and should) clear the immediate area of mobs if you intend on completing a pet battle
3) You are on a PvP server and chose to be there

Complain all you want, but that is a really stupid complaint.
Its an inconvenience at the moment, to be sure, but I wouldn't call it a much greater disadvantage.

It is kind of a big deal for those of us on active pvp servers. Yes, I dismiss my pet when doing pet battles but it puts me at a disadvantage when I get ganked. I choose to play on a pvp server because I like world pvp. I'm not complaining about being attackable while pet battling, only that having to dismiss my pet puts me at a disadvantage that classes like your own do not have to deal with.

This is bogus.

1) You can dismiss your pet and have no disadvantage whatsoever
2) You can (and should) clear the immediate area of mobs if you intend on completing a pet battle
3) You are on a PvP server and chose to be there

Complain all you want, but that is a really stupid complaint.

1) We do have a disadvantage when we dismiss our pets. How in the world can you conclude otherwise?
2) And that helps in each and every situation, right?
3) Stating the obvious! So what? That's not the point.
I'm on a PvE server. I have this issue. On a Pvp server, others can attack you, not your pet, so it doesn't matter. That comment is completely pointless.

In what way does not having our pet not give us a disadvantage? Warlocks and Hunters have decreased survivability because we have our pets for emergency tanks.

We shouldn't have to clear the area of every mob when no other class has to.
No.

Your pet does not feign with you. The issue is mobs attacking your pet, not you.

It will still draw you out of combat if your pet enters combat.

Right. That's why I fly around with my pet dismissed, and if I agro something, I feign death and battle like that. I was trying to make the point that hunters aren't at such a disadvantage without their pets because we can FD.

Edit: I also have two of my pets (tenacity and ferocity) on my action bar, so it only takes a second to whistle up some help if I need it.
I do not like to leave my pet dismissed. I'm a hunter, I like having a pet by my side.

And it's the point. Hunters shouldn't have to do extra to do the same thing other classes don't.
I do not like to leave my pet dismissed. I'm a hunter, I like having a pet by my side.

And it's the point. Hunters shouldn't have to do extra to do the same thing other classes don't.

You mean besides warlocks, unholy death knights, and the rare priest's shadowfiend? It is not just hunters, my pet-loving friend.

You mean besides warlocks, unholy death knights, and the rare priest's shadowfiend? It is not just hunters, my pet-loving friend.

Shadowfiends do not last long enough.

Unholy Death Knights do not require their pets to kill things without dying. Warlocks are the only other class that has this issue, and I have mentioned them in past posts.

The fact of the matter is pet classes should not be at a disadvantage for pet battles just because we have our pet out.
12/14/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Reinhilde
Unholy Death Knights do not require their pets to kill things without dying.

Not sure why you are dismissing a perma-pet spec. It benefits your argument to remind blizz this impacts as many people as possible. More people hindered = higher on the "to-do" list. Just a thought,
12/14/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Vear
Unholy Death Knights do not require their pets to kill things without dying.

Not sure why you are dismissing a perma-pet spec. It benefits your argument to remind blizz this impacts as many people as possible. More people hindered = higher on the "to-do" list. Just a thought,

I dare you to show me an unholy DK that has a pet that does over 30% of their DPS.

I date you to show me a warlock (without grimoire of sacrifice) or a hunter that has a pet that DOESN'T do over 30% of their DPS.
12/14/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Reinhilde

I dare you to show me an unholy DK that has a pet that does over 30% of their DPS.

I date you to show me a warlock (without grimoire of sacrifice) or a hunter that has a pet that DOESN'T do over 30% of their DPS.

I am not sure why you seem to think I am arguing with you. I pointed out that if you demonstrate more people are impacted by a bug/issue, Blizz is more likely to address the issue. DKs and locks are your friends, in this instance.
12/14/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Ansém
Id also like to suggest an xp off option like there is for players, I like to hold pokewow tourneys in my guild and I always choose a level tier of 5's....so lvl 5, 10, 15 etc. Anyways theres alot of pets you can only have 1 of. So lets say im doing a tourney for lvl 5, well my celestial dragonling....or something id I have to look again at the name, anyways its a lvl 5, and id like to keep it at lvl 5 so I can continue to use it in just that bracket, instead of having to catch something else and level it to whatever tier I need.

I second this, seeing as many different guilds run tournaments in level brackets it would be nice if we could turn pet xp off for those lower level brackets.

I am not sure why you seem to think I am arguing with you. I pointed out that if you demonstrate more people are impacted by a bug/issue, Blizz is more likely to address the issue. DKs and locks are your friends, in this instance.

Out of pure curiosity why do you bother trying to reason with obviously irrational people?
Cory Stockton ‏@mumper
@Moshne The hotfix requires restarts. Should see it on Tuesday.

12:46 PM - 14 Dec 12

Sorry for the dumb question, but to verify...This change will be active next Tuesday after the server restarts?
I'd appreciate a small buff to the experience pets gain for pet battles (be it PvE or PvP). I only say this due to the vast number of pets there are.

I know this is a very niche aspect of the game, and those that exclusively do pet battles will be quick to say "gtfo, stop the QQ leveling is fine, don't dumb down our part of the game," and that's definitely not what I'm asking for. I'm not saying each win should grant a level, but it just feels a bit too much IMO.

I was very excited for pet battles, but once it got to around lvl 10, it felt incredibly grindy to lvl the pets. My goal was to lvl 2 of every kin and I quickly saw that would take entirely too long to do (unless you have the time to play all day-every day). It just dissuades me from wanting to buy pets from the online store or AH simply because of the time it would take to level that pet.

Not asking for anything crazy. And yes I saw there's the hat. I don't have any great examples of what could be done, but I'd be inclined to do a lot more pet battles if the leveling process wasn't so arduous.

And I'm very open to any counter arguments, just please, keep it civil. :]