Storm, Earth and Fire question

Monk
Current info on upcoming ability:

New Level 75 Ability: Storm, Earth and Fire

The Windwalker can summon up to two elemental duplicates that mirror damaging abilities that the Monk uses while they are active. For each spirit summoned, the Monk's damage is reduced: 1 spirit causes the Monk and the spirit to deal 60% of the Monk's normal damage, while 2 spirits will cause the Monk and both active spirits to deal 40% of the Monk's normal damage. Each spirit lasts until the ability is canceled, or that spirit's target dies or otherwise becomes unavailable.

Is it just me, or does having 1 spirit active give the same results as having 2 spirits? either way you'll be dealing 120% of your damage overall. What would be the advantage of 2 spirits over 1 spirit?
You get to hit a third target.
As other have been saying, in other threads, it looks to be our cleave. We will more than likely pop in on a target and it will spawn a guy that mimics us as we dps another. That is at least what I'm gathering from it.
I can imagine myself doing fists of fury x 3
Because if you were to have 2 out and did SCK, that's 3 SCK AoE's.

What your question SHOULD have been was:

JUST HOW AWESOME IS THIS ABILITY??!?!
All this stuff sounds too amazing, I hate to sound negative, but it ccan still change from here to then.
And Troll monks now become 3x more awesome and stylish while this ability is up. :)
OMG i get to be brewmaster from dota!
12/22/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Reqy

Except it's a windwalker spell.
12/21/2012 11:41 PMPosted by Lianshi
All this stuff sounds too amazing, I hate to sound negative, but it ccan still change from here to then.

Yup. Its not written in stone yet.

That was my first thought when I read the ability.

Dota?!
Nobody remember Warcraft 3?
Chen already did it in Warcraft 3. Dota came later.
But ok, you can be brewmaster from dota. :o)
I'm just taking hopeful guesses here...

Maybe each spirit, as it copies your moves, also counts for Tiger Brew's stacking? Perhaps hitting Blackout Kick being copied by both counts as using 6 Chi for 3 stacks...probably not.

Maybe each Jab (x3) has the same (tiny! omg) 12% chance of proc'ing Combo Breaker for freebie attacks.

Perhaps each also has it's own chance on Auto-attack to do Tiger Strikes.

All 3 doing Spinning Crane Kick, do we get extra Chi per Spirit if we all hit 3 targets?

Do you share health and therefore take 3x the dmg from AOEs or cleaves? Or do you perhaps just take a chunk of dmg if one of them dies? Or are they completely seperate entities?

I mostly want to know if this will be a toggle, a permanent ability thing or a lame 3 min Cooldown. Although the wording that you can use it again to summon a second spirit. Hmm.
Cool ability, though it sounds like we beat up a shaman and took it from them.

Wind Spirits I'd get (Windwalkers and all) but....sure, I'll roll with it. Pun possibly intended.
I'm just taking hopeful guesses here...

Maybe each spirit, as it copies your moves, also counts for Tiger Brew's stacking? Perhaps hitting Blackout Kick being copied by both counts as using 6 Chi for 3 stacks...probably not.

Maybe each Jab (x3) has the same (tiny! omg) 12% chance of proc'ing Combo Breaker for freebie attacks.

Perhaps each also has it's own chance on Auto-attack to do Tiger Strikes.

All 3 doing Spinning Crane Kick, do we get extra Chi per Spirit if we all hit 3 targets?

Do you share health and therefore take 3x the dmg from AOEs or cleaves? Or do you perhaps just take a chunk of dmg if one of them dies? Or are they completely seperate entities?

I mostly want to know if this will be a toggle, a permanent ability thing or a lame 3 min Cooldown. Although the wording that you can use it again to summon a second spirit. Hmm.

I guarantee we will not generate resources from what our spirits do. They are strictly a way for us to do more damage on single target (1 spirit = 120% damage overall), 2 targets (1 spirit, we target opposite target of spirit), or 3 targets (2 spirits, one on each target). This gives us a way to cleave and fills in the gaps in what we can do. Currently, if there are 2 targets, you single target something. If there are 3, you can SCK and otherwise single target with RSK/BoK/TP.
guarentee? your forget to sign onto your blue account?

And why are people assuming our spirits will be smart enough to have different targets then us?
guarentee? your forget to sign onto your blue account?

And why are people assuming our spirits will be smart enough to have different targets then us?

Because Guardian's do not affect resource regen. We gain Chi from abilities WE use, not something a guardian uses. It doesn't make sense to assume we would in any way.

Each spirit lasts until the ability is canceled, or that spirit's target dies or otherwise becomes unavailable.

Because this. You cast it on a target and it fixates on that target. Once that target dies/goes away/is unable to be targetted the spirit will disappear.