Is Outland hell? Are the Draenei demons?

General Discussion
I've never been clear on this.

So many of the things in Outland seem demonic.

Is Outland in the same universe as Azeroth? By that I mean... is it another planet in a system around a star you could possibly see in the Azerothian night sky? Or is it in another dimension, possibly even occupying the same "space" as Azeroth?
I believe it is another planet in the same solar system as Azeroth.

(See sky on terrace before Teron Gorefiend in BT.)
It's another planet, that was destroyed. It's linked to Azeroth through the Dark Portal, which is sort of like the Wormholes from Star Trek.
The Draeni aren't from Outland, but from Draehfanfajaj f, a planet they fled from because their Eredar cousins (draenei that took Sargeras's offer) decided to get genocidal up in here.
It's not possible to see it from Azeroth. It's probably far far away.
12/27/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Ramtaur
The Draeni aren't from Outland, but from Draehfanfajaj f

Spot on. :p
Long story short and paraphrased for simplicity, it's the home planet of the Orcs that was taken over by the demons and blown up. The Dark Portal connects Azeroth to it.
You can see the planet of Azeroth from several points in the Black Temple in Shadowmoon Valley, so I imagine they are not terribly far away from each other.
Sighs ...The least our ancestors could have done was given the old planet a simpler name...I cant get my tongue around that!

Argus?
'Course it's not Hell.

I'm not there so it can't be.
12/27/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Terias
You can see the planet of Azeroth from several points in the Black Temple in Shadowmoon Valley, so I imagine they are not terribly far away from each other.
I assume that's just because the Nether is messing with Outland. If they were actually that close, Outland would be sucked into Azeroth's gravity.
12/27/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Hixson
Argus?

Yeah, Drauohuhgpwoui32, that's what he said.
Outland was once the planet Draenor, home planet of the Orcs. Draenei also lived there, but did not originate on the planet. It was blown up when too many portals were created at once.

The Draenei are not demons. A long time ago, the evil Titan Sargeras appeared before the three rulers of Argus, homeworld of the Draenei, and offered them great power in return for serving him. Two of the leaders, Archimonde and Kil'jaeden agreed, and were turned into demons along with all the Draenei that followed those. The third leader, Velen, had a vision and foresaw what would happen. He gathered as many who would listen to him and escaped aboard the Exodar with help from the Naaru.

The Draenei were not originally called Draenei. It's what those that escaped called themselves, it means Exiled Ones.

They eventually settled on Draenor (and gave it that name. I don't think the Orcs had a name for it). The Burning Legion tricked the Orcs into drinking demon blood and turned them against the Draenei. Most of the Draenei were slaughtered and the few that survived escaped to Azeroth.

Seems legit.
12/27/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Baell
Space goats were demons till Metzen screwed that up.

Draenei were never demons. They made us pretty and gave us a back story.
12/27/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Mordlin
So many of the things in Outland seem demonic.

That is entirely the fault of the orcs, as is the fact Outland is no longer a whole planet. The draenei were just the first victims of the orcs.
The Orcs were victims as well.
It's certainly hell to level there.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Draenor