Disc Stat Priority?

Priest
As of recently I've been trying to figure out Disc. I understand it depends on the spell usage; however, Icy-veins and noxxic are giving me different answers of how to reforge. Can anyone enlighten me on this of the proper priority for the different spell usage?
Here's an excellent guide: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1837

Noxxic and Icy-Veins are generally poor sources of information, especially for Priests. Steer clear of those!
Here is my personal list:

Spirit until you are comfortable and it depends on how you heal, what you are healing etc.

Mastery, oh how I love thee. I believe I have around 45% mastery, but with upcoming change, I will probably drop down to about 40% mastery and then move into crit.
Here's an excellent guide: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1837

Noxxic and Icy-Veins are generally poor sources of information, especially for Priests. Steer clear of those!

You're crazy.
Ashley isn't crazy. You're crazy. Noxxic should be burned at the stake and forgotten, Icy-Veins should be beaten until they actually update frequently.

Howtopriest should be worshipped, and Twistedmind canonized.

Oh, yeah, spirit like it's going out of style. Can't put more spirit? More mastery. Somehow have no choice to reforge to either spirit or mastery? (How is that even possible?) Throw some into crit.

Note this will likely change in 5.2
12/29/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Zifira
As of recently I've been trying to figure out Disc. I understand it depends on the spell usage; however, Icy-veins and noxxic are giving me different answers of how to reforge. Can anyone enlighten me on this of the proper priority for the different spell usage?

This depends on your raid setting if you are 10 or 25m.

Then it depends on your raid comp if you're a 10m.

25m raiding is generally mastery, though crit is viable for certain occasions, mostly dealing with atonement healing if you need more of a dps push.

for 10m, you either want all out mastery or a mix between haste / mastery for more raw hps rather than just absorbs. Really depends on raid comp though
Ashley isn't crazy. You're crazy. Noxxic should be burned at the stake and forgotten, Icy-Veins should be beaten until they actually update frequently.

Howtopriest should be worshipped, and Twistedmind canonized.

Oh, yeah, spirit like it's going out of style. Can't put more spirit? More mastery. Somehow have no choice to reforge to either spirit or mastery? (How is that even possible?) Throw some into crit.

Note this will likely change in 5.2

Look up my logs then talk.

First off I'm in a 25m raid setting so spirit is king. i have enough mastery as is from my gear and do quite well. Few disc priests in any 25m raid would ever go out of more spirit. Raid comp atm has no resto shammy, so i keep my spirit tyvm.

edit: i hate noxxic too, but icy-veins isn't that bad, however they are quite vague when it comes to stat priority. They reforges and gear optimization by default on askmrrobot are solely situational and you can actually check for yourself the two different models of gearing for crit or mastery.

and on a sdie note, 5.2 hasnt come out yet so that doesnt mean crit will be better than mastery. Nothing has been tested or verified yet. Besides, mastery scales quite well with aegis and with a 50% bubble from the heal, that seems like a nice buff.
Hi, my main is a druid and i have a lvl 80 priest, i plan to level him to 90 this week. But i am confused why you said Intellect is more important than PvP power? It seems that every other spec is going for PVP power, so why is Disc so different? Also does pvp power increase our shields?
And the stat priority stated seems really weird, can anyone else confirm? Mastery increases our ability to absorb but i can be dispelled and totally wasted? So shouldnt we go for haste or crit enhance our heals/dmg instead?
Hi, my main is a druid and i have a lvl 80 priest, i plan to level him to 90 this week. But i am confused why you said Intellect is more important than PvP power? It seems that every other spec is going for PVP power, so why is Disc so different? Also does pvp power increase our shields?
And the stat priority stated seems really weird, can anyone else confirm? Mastery increases our ability to absorb but i can be dispelled and totally wasted? So shouldnt we go for haste or crit enhance our heals/dmg instead?

This thread is about PvE healing, not PvP. Please read the PvP Disc sticky on the Priest page for PvP information.
Spirit for regen (most important), mastery for utility, crit/haste for throughput. The utility value of mastery is generally more important to raids than the throughput value of crit or haste, and both crit and haste come with mechanical drawbacks that healers would prefer not to deal with, therefore mastery wins.
12/31/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Sotanaht
Spirit for regen (most important), mastery for utility, crit/haste for throughput. The utility value of mastery is generally more important to raids than the throughput value of crit or haste, and both crit and haste come with mechanical drawbacks that healers would prefer not to deal with, therefore mastery wins.

I don't understand why would you call mastery a utility because it's a stat, a throughput stat, and for a disc priest with the role of mitigation its the top throughput stat for us affects all of our absorbs. A utility is more like your cc-s stuns and interrupts.