Friendship is Magic General Thread #5

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
12/20/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Ratam
Honestly, I don't understand bronies...but, whatever. None of my concern what people watch

So you feel the need to post? It's fine if you don't get it but that post just seemed silly. That's like me going to a Stars Wars convention or something and going "ya know I just don't get it"
12/20/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Rosenivy
Honestly, I don't understand bronies...but, whatever. None of my concern what people watch

So you feel the need to post? It's fine if you don't get it but that post just seemed silly. That's like me going to a Stars Wars convention or something and going "ya know I just don't get it"

Well, it's a general thread about it, so why not?

I always come to these threads when I want to have a good laugh at delusional manchildren.

At least I'm not being this guy ^ :}
12/20/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Ratam
Well, it's a general thread about it, so why not?

Eh....you have a point. I'm sorry it's easy to get defensive. My bad.
Neutral to accepting in these kinds of threads are the most accepted since it's not being condescending.

'Tis fair enough. There are a large number of things I don't understand the appeal of but I don't let it get to me because who am I to press opinions?

You get a handshake.
You misspelled Trixie
12/20/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Darussxtreme
We all know Lyra is best background pony

I think you meant Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon3.
12/20/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Darussxtreme
We all know Lyra is best background pony

I still don't get what the big deal is with Lyra and Bon Bon. ( excluding a certain plush of Lyra but thankfully most Bronies seem to just laugh at that things creation )

Buuuut then again I'm a Derpy fan and I've spoken with some fans who didn't really care for her over reactive fans. Then again Bronies seem more of a hyper bunch.

Don't believe me? Watch peoples reactions in chat if a livestream of a new episode is showing and Luna pops up.
or watch when derpy spoke. i swear, the community exploded. and then, it exploded AGAIN!
and twilight said nothing could explode twice.
or watch when derpy spoke. i swear, the community exploded. and then, it exploded AGAIN!

Ah right. I started watching the show a little after the Derpy incident.

People sounded like they were having seizures. I laughed about it at first til I read her backstory and how she's pretty much how the people working on the show communicate with the older fans.

I miss playing Spot The Derpy in season 3 :(

Ahh, I remember that moment. :)
Yeah sorry it's been a while. I'll be catching up on what I missed in all this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCox8kju0UI&feature=relmfu
Nooo it cut off the part with him being coated with cake batter!

in my experience it's not really about hanging out with bronies as much as it is just hanging out with like minded people. Just watch a few episodes of the show, if you don't like it then that's fine. It's just some people did like it and therefore you see groups like this popping up. If it's any consolation a year ago when a brony tried to convert me I thought it was a stupid show too and that the population of bronies out there were a bunch of pansies. Then ironically over my thanksgiving break I had this mentality in which in order to experience good things occasionally you have to resort to watching bad things so I tried watching MLP and it was pretty good and now you see me on here. So I just have to say give it a try, if you hate it then well you haven't lost anything by trying to watch it.

12/20/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Soeroah

'Tis fair enough. There are a large number of things I don't understand the appeal of but I don't let it get to me because who am I to press opinions?

You get a handshake.
Agreed. Where you find bronies on the internet I could just as easily refer to people who watch football. You either get some things or you don't.
A friend of mine bought me CMC brushables....they're tiny with optional dresses from the wedding episode....

They're so cute it hurts. Ow my heart.
A friend of mine bought me CMC brushables....they're tiny with optional dresses from the wedding episode....

Sorry but I have to ask what are CMC brushables?

If my knowledge of advertisements from my youth are anything to go by, just toys with brushable manes, in this case modeled after the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

If my knowledge of advertisements from my youth are anything to go by, just toys with brushable manes, in this case modeled after the Cutie Mark Crusaders.
Ah so that's what CMC stood for. I tried getting on wikipedia to find out and well let's just say that there are tons of CMC entries that have nothing to do with what she was talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87oeJOteWIg

Not really SFW
hehe you guys need to catch up with the MMO champion thread chain we are on thread 11 now (first thread had almost 12k posts)
12/22/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Namani
hehe you guys need to catch up with the MMO champion thread chain we are on thread 11 now (first thread had almost 12k posts)

Yea the mmo champ one is huge. Its peaceful here, I like it.

edit: Although you do get a lot more freedom with avatars etc.