Fun With Ai-Li's Skymirror

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
12/21/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Gräve
In the past, such novelties have been nerfed in their range, like samerace with potion of illusion, and taking away the ability to rebuff it by drinking another. And the Wizard Hat... may it rest in peace, in the bank, where it never gets used.

Indeed. Any time I receive a novelty item with an uptime of less than one minute, and cooldown of 10 minutes or more, I try it once, then delete it as a waste of bag space.
At the risk of having this nerfed in the next patch (yeah, I'm one of them), a fun transformation is at Jinyu pond in Jade Forest, you can kill the turtles and crabs to get an item that turns you into a goldfish when eaten.
Have a friend become a goldfish, use the mirror, then run around on land as a goldfish.
Has anyone said that you can copy a Druid's Orca whale, then mount on a party members Sandstone Drake to be a flying killer whale?

The translucency goes as well when you hop on the drake, so it's plain as day a while riding a dragon. It's awesome.
I am not sure if this mirror was used, but I was doing an AV match the other day and someone turned into a GIANT rabbit!! Not sure how that was done.....
After researching it a bit I think he mirrored the Dark Moon Rabbit.
It's only supposed to work to copy players, not NPCs, and that player has to be present. You wouldn't be able to copy the Darkmoon Rabbit while in AV. I suppose it's possible that some battle pets might be glitched to allow copying though. More likely that players was using some sort of third party software. Small rabbits are possible through use of Blossoming Branch but I can't see how to create a giant one. Even stacking effects like Elixir of Giant Growth should make it that big.

Now off to find my Blossoming Branch to bring to raid. We have a Fury Warrior that uses her mirror all the time and I want to see her fight like a bunny!
It took me around 13 kills to finally get it! I love using it for a druid bear or cat form
I think I got that skymirror and I deleted it. My bags are too full to keep toys in them.
So far if I can hire a rouge that pick pocket hellscream and have the glyph to look like him... I wonder...
01/11/2013 04:05 PMPosted by Landusk
So far if I can hire a rouge that pick pocket hellscream and have the glyph to look like him... I wonder...

Could work. Ill test it out
It did not go well.
Okay I rezzed up in the corner of Garrosh's room, and could not pickpocket him. Could not pickpocket Nagrand version either.
... but my escape from Orgrimmar was pretty glorious. I stealthed over to the auction house, deciding that I'd kill the auctioneers. I was not able to get up to the platform they were on, but I aggroed them all so maybe I at least annoyed a couple horde. I couldn't kill them, so I vanished and sprinted outside and up the road with guards hot on my trail. I made it to the elevator, with like three guards on me. I blinded one, and finally the elevator came when I was at about 10% health. Then a frost mage goblin jumped into the elevator and tried to finish me off. He had about 400k health but was full PVE gear, so I kicked his cast and started hacking at him. By the time the elevator reached the top his cauterize had activated. The elevator then dropped me down and I thought he had narrowly escaped, but I guess he was too dumb to iceblock, so the "Honorable Kill" notice popped up... XD
... then the elevator took me down to the guards >_<
I managed to survive a few more hits by putting my recuperate up, and after the eleavator went back up to the top I sprinted off, stealthed and mounted up.
Let me tell ya, out of all the rare treasures from Pandaria Rare Spawns I've gotten, I've been having the most fun out of the novelty item, Ai-Li's Skymirror. What's it do? It copies the exact appearance of another player unto you for 10 minutes. Doesn't seem like much, does it? But when you think outside of the box a wee bit, you can get ALL SORTS of fun mayhem going on.

For example - There's a Bear Tank in a random, and you're one of the DPS. Immediately copy Bear Form, and BAM! Now people are wondering how in the WORLD is the Tank doing so much damn DPS?! Is Bear Form better than Cat all of a sudden? NOPE! AI-LI'S SKYMIRROR!

Ever want to show people your inner demon? Find your friendly neighborhood Demo Lock and have them transform. One application of Skymirror later and HOLY COW, YOU'RE A DEMON. AI-LI'S SKYMIRROR!

Now, some people like to say Land Sharks are what's in. And those people would be right. But since finding a Land Shark is like finding Sasquatch, we're going to go with the next best thing: LAND MANATEE. Find a Druid, have them go Manatee Form, and then let loose with your trusty Ai-LI's Skymirror and show the world the glory that is the LAND MANATEE! Or the LAND ORCA if that Druid is glyphed that way and you have a thing for Orcas. AI-LI'S SKYMIRROR!

I'ma continue to experiment with this nifty transformation tool. Like I said, all sorts of mischief can be made with it!

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sure massive nerfs are on the way.
Okay I rezzed up in the corner of Garrosh's room, and could not pickpocket him. Could not pickpocket Nagrand version either.
... but my escape from Orgrimmar was pretty glorious. I stealthed over to the auction house, deciding that I'd kill the auctioneers. I was not able to get up to the platform they were on, but I aggroed them all so maybe I at least annoyed a couple horde. I couldn't kill them, so I vanished and sprinted outside and up the road with guards hot on my trail. I made it to the elevator, with like three guards on me. I blinded one, and finally the elevator came when I was at about 10% health. Then a frost mage goblin jumped into the elevator and tried to finish me off. He had about 400k health but was full PVE gear, so I kicked his cast and started hacking at him. By the time the elevator reached the top his cauterize had activated. The elevator then dropped me down and I thought he had narrowly escaped, but I guess he was too dumb to iceblock, so the "Honorable Kill" notice popped up... XD
... then the elevator took me down to the guards >_<
I managed to survive a few more hits by putting my recuperate up, and after the eleavator went back up to the top I sprinted off, stealthed and mounted up.

Well lest you tried =/
I think Garrosh is also in Northrend. I could try there, but I bet it will say the same thing.
Yep, all three instances of Garrosh that I can think of give a "this target has no pockets" message, so I can't turn into them (well the one in Nagrand just can't be "attacked" at all). Same with Saurfang there.
Thanks lol, now I have to level freaking Arch >:|
01/11/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Eclipsé
Thanks lol, now I have to level freaking Arch >:|

The Skymirror is a drop from a rarespawn in Dread Wastes.
The Highborn Mirror is the one from Archaeology and you don't need it.