Want a Blue response, post a silly thread?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
01/01/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Rygarius
Not to derail your concern, but those insights may have to wait for at least a bit longer. Most of the development team are out on break until after New Years.

Fair enough.

/thread
01/01/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Cortland
I am less upset than actually curious

Fair enough. I understand your curiosity. I think you can find an answer in this thread. Didn't mean to offend you, pretty sure you aren't but you know, just in case , sorry for my rudeness ( if i was rude to begin with ).
Fair enough.

/thread

Check my previous comment. I edited with information you might find useful
Not to derail your concern, but those insights may have to wait for at least a bit longer. Most of the development team are out on break until after New Years.

Mmmmm did you get the short straw to work...well it's nice to see you here.....Happy New Year,Rygarius....may your wings remain ever strong
Thanks all. I will review the info you provided. Glad to know there is a resource available to have more insight on some of these questions that get answered, which I may have missed the first time around.

Happy New year!
01/01/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Cortland

Fair enough.

/thread

DERAIL SQUAD ATTACK TIME! Although not many of them have been around today...

*Throws some bird seed to the bird* its not serious time its fun time!

On topic, I see the Blues respond to a lot of threads that are full of plenty constructive posts that are very informative, I also see them from time to time put an end to threads that are being derailed or that are plain non-constructive.
Why do the blues only seem to comment on silly threads and never in a thread that has substance, provides meaningful insight, or merits actual discussion? This seems a complete waste of time and valuable resources.

Seriously, I am stumped. If you don't believe me, just scroll through the pages and see which threads a Blue has posted in. The vast majority are nonsensical.

I would much prefer actual developer insight to the many issues facing the game and our current game play. There are so many valuable questions that a Blue could address with their posts, yet they seem content to let those slip through the cracks while they post in a thread about being "a proud gnome".

Is it just because this is the General forum and they don't care to put that much energy into the moderation?

#boggled

One of the problems as I see it is that everybody automatically thinks their post has "substance" or that it actually merits a discussion. Even when that topic has been previously discussed in a different thread. People seem to want a blue response in "their" thread, because "their" post is of utmost importance to the community as a whole, at least in their mind.

And BTW OP, now you have a blue response in your thread. Grats! Wear that badge of honor with pride!
We know. It could very well be that it's no longer their job to handle actual, relevant stuff though. I hardly ever see them posting anything of substance on here. It could very well be that they moderate these forums and just poke around when something quirky catches their eye.

After all, they are not the game developers, and as a result I have seen them give incorrect information in the few times they have tried to answer questions regarding the game.

For whatever reason, Blizzard's communication with its customers has been on a downward dive for a while now. You're better off finding information on non-Blizzard sites, sadly.

I have a feeling the blues purpose is solely to moderate now. Not provide any actual information of use, unless their bosses tell them to post something.
dude just because they work for the company doesnt mean theyre not human, they still like joking around.

and they may post more fun stuff then serious things because they may be discussing balancing and stuff still.
01/01/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Wyldefyre
I rather like seeing the blue posts on some silly threads...shows they like to have a bit of fun too

This entirely.
We answer what we can, and some of the more open ended questions require more coordination than others.

Here's an example of something that I was able to answer without waiting for everyone to return. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415465927?page=2#26

As another example: You can report and post feedback on a bug freely without having to do any verification. But, when we respond the issue needs to have been verified, and preferably with a plan of action behind it beyond 'we know'. That isn't something that can be posted at will.

Other issues such as subjective opinions without a clear answer could be derailed by our involvement. There are implications to responding to those topics. As a(simple) example, a topic like "Which is better, Horde or Alliance?" would generally be left alone. Imagine the field day you all would have if I were to attempt to provide an answer to that one!
I think you're also missing the point that CMs are the ones that generally are the ones posting on the forums, not Developers themselves. And while they do act as ambassadors between developers and the players, that is not all they do. They are indeed Community Managers, and managing a community has more than just answering the same questions.

They are human and like to have fun at their job like you do too!

Besides, even if they don't post in every thread, doesn't mean they aren't watching, listening and adjusting things accordingly. Will they always change based on feedback? No, but they will certainly keep it in mind.
01/01/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Wyldefyre

Mmmmm did you get the short straw to work...well it's nice to see you here.....Happy New Year,Rygarius....may your wings remain ever strong

Oh my goodness, I totally thought of Hunger Games just then. "May the odds be ever in your favor."
Do you really have to give them crap TODAY? I mean i can agree to some extent but today is not a day to complain about silly stuff.

It's been a question I have had for a while, just posted it today because I finally had a moment to do so. I assume I would have the same question tomorrow.

I am less upset than actually curious. I would LOVE to see some valuable feedback on the game and wish we had a better flow of information from the developers to the players. To see one logical and accessible avenue of that be wasted is confusing.

No, YOU missed the point.

The CMs are nothing more than people to comunicate what happens in the forums in format of feedback to developers, and to manage the community. In certain threads, there is no reason to post anything. Many threads they simply post "we are receiving feedback, and getting it to the developers. We do pay attention to the community."

People like GC (which are actual developers) stopped posting on forums cause people would throw a !@#$fit whenever they posted something they disagreed. There's nothing for the CMs to post. At max, a "this is what we think" explanation, which the developers need to be consulted. They think that forums are a place for players to post their opinions, not for developers and players argue which class is OP and which ins't.

People gain nothing by having CMs posting "we are aware of this topic" on every CRZ or "NURF THIS CLASS" topic, which almost always have the same argument. They post on "silly" topics because they enjoy posting, just like we do.

I mean, I remember blues posting on the earliers "CRZ discussion" topics. But now that we are at the 17th thread, with thousands of posts (most of them repeating the same arguments), there is no need to make another post.
Blues are people too!

Wonder which supervisor type guy reads that e-mail, Bashiok, or someone higher who's in charge of community relations, or perhaps it's like what the old Suggestion board was.
I think there was a comment by a Blue a while ago on this. While the blues do engage in discussions on content/gameplay sometimes, the forums are primarily for player-to-player discussion of issues and such. The devs and CMs or whatnot, as I understand it, look at the forums to gather player insight and concerns, and use this information alongside the data they get directly from the game. The forums are not, in most cases, a medium for player-employee interactions. I say most cases because the Beta class balance threads were a happy exception.

And I, for one, don't really hold it against them for posting in silly threads.

Edit: Also, when they do reply to one of the "content/gameplay" threads, it is followed up almost instantly by posts of "why don't you post in this thread of mine that actually has an important concern? QQ"
Because it is becoming painfully obvious that having any sort of fun in this game ( be it the actual game or the forums) is strictly forbidden. Even for the mods and devs.
So much bleakness.....................