Looks horrible on the iPad Mini - any fix?

Mobile Bug Report
Is there going to be a fix for the extremely pixelated look to the armory app when you view it on the iPad mini in full screen mode?

Worst looking ipad app on the mini that I have encountered :(
This is because Blizzard's armory app is only for the iPhone! You can still download it on other devices but it's the iPhone resolution.
It's the same on standard-sized ipads too.
I also own a "new iPad" (the 3rd gen) and it looks awesome and very clear. I think it only looks bad on 1st & 2nd gen iPads and the iPad mini.

Any plans for an iPad version then?
Well, on the ipad version it has a 1x/2x version. (2x is the size you get on ipods/iphones etc and 1x is the full screen ipad version. )
12/25/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Pyadi
This is because Blizzard's armory app is only for the iPhone! You can still download it on other devices but it's the iPhone resolution.

Yeah, I just looked at this toon on the 3D Armory, and the resolution is extremely blurry.
Yes it is ONLY an IPHONE app. I suspect its graphics are scaled for the iPhone 4s with the retina display (640x960) and the resolution is simply down-sampled 50% to older iphones (320x480).

I also have an iPad 3 and I concur that it looks great (i.e. I am seeing 640x960).

Maybe non-Retina iPads do that down-sampling to 320x480 BEFORE they do the 2x zoom to fill the screen. That would be stupid, I would call that an iOS bug, if so.

Try snapping a screenshot and posting it. Maybe you just have eyes like a hawk! LOL!