Best PvE server to go to ??

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Hello there, :D

My bf and i want to change server. We are on Bleeding Hollow (pvp) right now on Alliance side.. and i hate world pvp like hell. Can't do a damn dailies. Even the Christmas one is horrible. Never been so frustrated by WoW in all my 8 years playing. (with some break for sure loll).

I was wondering what would be the best.. stay on the same serve but go on horde side or just switch to pve. A lot of people say that, since i hate world pvp so much i should just switch server.

So what i would like to know is witch pve server is good? Is there a nice guild who doing regular raiding will be able to accept my bf and i. I'm a restoration Druid, and my bf is a Paly Tank. I also have my warlock too !!! Were not fully epic but, we kinda have a guild who just doesn't care at all.. so were doing raid finder, and dailies to get reputation valor gear !! :(

We will change server monday night before the reset tuesday hehe.

So please let me know, in game or here where i should go or if you guys are looking for people like us :)

Thank You !!!
So here my Warlock here :) Just find out you can view everything for here. :)
Proudmoore is a great PvE server, with a huge Ally population.

It's like the alliance version of Mal'ganis
See guys? See??? Instead of whining and crying and moaning over the forums "omg wPVP is so unfair!!!!" the OP actually took matters in to his/her own hands and decided to DO something about it... granted moving off server is a bit drastic.. but they actually DID something =)

I applaud you OP. You didn't like what pvp was so instead of throwing a fit, you're making a move. 10/10 =)

I hope you're happy on your new home.
Proudmoore is good for alliance pve. I will warn though there are some cases where people go to troll that place since it's the unofficial LGBT server.

If you ever go Horde there's always Area 52. Trade chats a little annoying ( what server doesn't have a insane trade chat though? ) but I see a nice supply of pugs happening.
I would check with realms are the most populated, figure out of those which ones share your time zone, then either create an alt or go snooping in their realm forums to get a feel for the place.

Either way, you should go get SOME experience of the server before paying to move.
Either way, you should go get SOME experience of the server before paying to move.

Forgot to mention that. Always good to make a level 1 to scope out the cities. Just to see the population. Check on guilds, communications. That kind of stuff.
Proudmoore is good for alliance pve. I will warn though there are some cases where people go to troll that place since it's the unofficial LGBT server.

If you ever go Horde there's always Area 52. Trade chats a little annoying ( what server doesn't have a insane trade chat though? ) but I see a nice supply of pugs happening.

Yeah, I tried to make a toon on Proudmoore, but I couldn't stand the anti-gay and homophobic comments I was reading in trade...
12/16/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Judora
I was wondering what would be the best.. stay on the same serve but go on horde side or just switch to pve. A lot of people say that, since i hate world pvp so much i should just switch server.

That'd probably be your best bet.
Bleeding Hollow is a semi-balanced realm so even if you faction change, you'd still experience some PvP.

There quite a few decent Alliance PvE realms out there.

To name a few :

-Lightbringer (PST)
Realm - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1181983/

-Proudmoore (PST)
Realm - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1182146/
Proudmoore also has a transfer FAQ that you might be interested in reading.
Transfer FAQ - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3988299283?page=1#1

-Stormrage (EST)
Realm - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1182541/

-Whisperwind (CST)
Realm - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1182811/

My personal preference is Proudmoore. I've found that the community is a lot more welcoming.
It's not as active as say Stormrage but it's still highly populated.

If you want to browse for yourself, I'd recommend using the following websites.

1 ) http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html - This site tries to assess a servers overall character population by recording all players who post on the auction house and then proceeding to use that players guild to record all those players. This isn't the most accurate way to check what a realms population is as it checks for *all* characters rather than accounts. It also lists the TZ of specific realms. Wowprogress isn't as updated for this so I'd recommend looking at Realm Pop to figure out the TZ of a realm.

2 ) http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us - This site is better for trying to track what the 'active' raiding population in a realm is. It tracks the character population of a realm based on the number of characters who've killed one boss in Tier 13 (Dragon Soul). Also, the higher a realm is on this list, the better it is for raiding (for the most part).

If you find a realm you're interested in, I'd highly recommend creating a level 1 character and browsing their respective trade chat and auction house. Also, check out the realm forums as well and ask players their opinions on the realm. You'll want to make sure that it's right for you.

Best of luck on finding a new home. :)
12/16/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Eliil
Yeah, I tried to make a toon on Proudmoore, but I couldn't stand the anti-gay and homophobic comments I was reading in trade...

Which is a shame because I think that server also had some of the nicest people I've seen in game. But I figured the trolls could be ignored because every trade chat has people trolling.
Omg thanks a lot. I never though that i would have so much reply :D
I think that i will go scope on Proudmoore since most of you like it and it's also a PST server. My time... will be more easy for me hehe :)

Chucknõrris: Yeah i hate pvp.. and will always will. It's a little drastic to change server but i can't stand it anymore. I like pvp on 2v2, 3v3 or bg. But when i have 5 mob on me and 3 hordy kill me.. it make me so mad that my bf can't stand me anymore hahaha that's why he accept to change server hahahah :)

Navalas: Thx a lot for all those information, will help me a lot for my bf and i to decide which one. :D
12/16/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Judora
I think that i will go scope on Proudmoore since most of you like it and it's also a PST server. My time... will be more easy for me hehe :)

There's some ridonkulously nice people there. I leveled an alt there and if I were to put this into math. It'd probably be only 10-20 percent trolling. The rest were nice people. Maybe a little preachy but I didn't really call it a waste of time.
Well just to resurrect this thread, I too was looking for a nice PvE server to go to. Darkspear has just become too much elitists spamming trade and you can't get anything good done, besides PvP.

I made an alt on Stormrage, and so far its going pretty good. Very nice people, and its EST (My time zone) which is good.

The only thing is the extra high pop, which leads to long queue times to get onto the server, but if you login early and just stay there, its not bad.

Just my two cents :)
If you want to play Horde, on a PvE server, I'd give Thrall a try. We're at the perfect population where we just miss log in queue times, we have some of the top players in the US, and overall it's a pretty good server.
Stormrage is the hub for Alliance PvE...however it's full all the time.
Area 52 has a nice supply of things, but beware the people on that server (aside from my guild, I have had terrible experiences there)

Zul'jin also misses login queues (hooray) and still has a lot going on. Nothing but nice people that I've met so far, but I don't actually look at trade chat unless I want something.

Granted I can only speak for experience from horde side. I wouldn't go alliance on either of these servers... lol
Stormrage for sure! Has a huge amount of raids going on.
Stormrage is considered full & has hour long queue times, yet people still suggest transferring to it... Odd.
Edit: Oh this was necro'd