Time To Fix Balance Druid PvP and Patch 5.2

Druid
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
01/04/2013 03:39 AMPosted by Moocaholic
I think boomkins damage is pretty solid to be honest , Its not on par with most classes , but all and all its pretty solid if you time your starfall procs, and such.

It's not on a par with most classes? What class is it on a par with? Even if we aren't silenced or interrupted or stunned or feared (a HUGE if) what class, exempting healers, could we out power if it was hitting us full out at the same time we were hitting them?
It's not on a par with most classes? What class is it on a par with? Even if we aren't silenced or interrupted or stunned or feared (a HUGE if) what class, exempting healers, could we out power if it was hitting us full out at the same time we were hitting them?

well as hotted shoed us resto druids can destroy us with heart of the wild i think that naturse vigil sjould do more direct healing and have the same cooldown as always also moonkins are incredibly bad at 2v2 when i fight with a warrior i have to spam healing tuch on them beacuse the refuse to go defencive stance so i end up going resto so i can heal beter we have no damage and since we have heal we are like the bad healers also shadow form for spriests is bter than our form i think that moonkin form should have a new buff and maybe re work the aliance boomkin beacuse who ever made the boomkin must have been drunk of there !@#
01/05/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Anur
Why not simply add a glyph making wrath/starfire be castable on the move but do less damage?. Seems like a very easy solution to the pve vs pvp problem that would make boomkin extremely fun.

This is a good idea, alot like ele shaman, however the part about the damage nerf is wrong. Already we dont do any hard cast damage at all, 40k starfire anyone? I would love to see our defense against melee buffed, in a 1v1 situation I can not for the life of me kill a warrior, stun lock fear dead. Not to mention the fact that warriors can hit you for 60k MS 80k HS 60k Shockwave... What in the hell is blizzard thinking?? In the time a warrior can do my entire health in damage, I get off about a starfire and a wrath if I hardcast (I obviously dont), and the sum damage? about 60k. Makes sense to me.
+1 from me! Boomkins lack defense, A good fix would be too give us Ironbark from the resto tree and keep it on a 1.5min CD, put thorns back on it too! presto! moonkins are now viable!
"This is a good idea, alot like ele shaman, however the part about the damage nerf is wrong. Already we dont do any hard cast damage at all, 40k starfire anyone?"

I don't know about you.... But I'm hitting more than 40k starfire. You all must be doing stuff wrong because I hit 80k-150k sometimes. Not all the time but sometimes. The only thing I hate is not being able to move while casting and our survivability sucks
Surely a perfect way to increase boomkin dps would be to have Wrath and Starfire as instant cast when their respective eclipses are active and impose a 1.5 second CD.

This wouldn't increase the actual damage output overall but would increase possible damage, especially in more intimate PvP situations, where I sometimes find it hard to get Wrath off, let alone Starfire. This would also allow us to continue to stack crit (as appears to be most popular recently).

Failing this, why not alter Symbiosis to increase dps, rather than lower damage taken (excluding the rather useless Mirror Image increase from mages).
01/06/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Grìmræpér
"This is a good idea, alot like ele shaman, however the part about the damage nerf is wrong. Already we dont do any hard cast damage at all, 40k starfire anyone?"

I keep recount going through bgs so I can check how much my spells hit for, on average starfire hits from 30-50k, my stat priority is crit > mastery > haste. That being said in RBGs with cds popped and zerker I hit a holy pally with orb in temple of Kotmogu (He didnt have stacks, he had just picked it up) for 380k and one shot him. Yes the damage is their but we can almost never get it off and we need to pop all our cds at the same time, not to mention if the pally saw me casting starfire he may have popped divine protection etc.
off topic. if not completely but feral druids have the same deal, not complaining I don't think feral druids should get nerfed or buffed just 30 second increase on typhoon and that's all. every single class in this xpac rely on some sort of burst like seriously I have to blow every CD I have to stay up plus take them down quick if not, they survive the burst im dead or just screwed for 4 min..... and not the mention the usefulness of of the heart yeah it makes us beast healers. but for what 30 seconds with a 6 min CD XD come on now were too squishy for that. just leave of how we are b4 u mees up pvp again but I do agrre with boomkin post.
I can esily own them now but ovcourse it has to be some type of burst. please HERE THE DRUIDS CALL AND FEEL OUR PAIN! :( PLS :p
I've been following this thread since it started and I think the primary point to be made lies in the fact that our unpunished freecasting is hardly more damaging than our damage while kiting/moving (Except under our 3 minute hero Cooldowns). In our current state I've pushed 1700 in 2's with a ret pally (thank you BoP and selfless healer), and in doing so it's dauntingly apparent that we're lacking.
Warriors can absolutely eat us. Mages as well, through blanket silences and rejuv spellsteals we're useless. Simply put, our large array of defensive cooldowns is really just a pile of slight counters. We lack true defensives that allow a skilled player to avoid damage. Displacer Beasts stealth was a move in the right direction, though it was slightly OP for resto.
We need both damage and defensive reworkings..
Heres what i think would help moonkins alot.

Entangling Roots doesnt break so easily from dmg.

New ability: Astral Barrier. Upon reaching an eclipse you gain a shield that abosorbs [some amount of dmg, a sizeable bubble but not large enough that it would need a cd]. While active, damaging spells you cast cannot be interrupted by dmg. (if this second effect was added the shield would probably need to be dispellable to keep it balanced.)

Owlkin Frenzy now has an activated effect in addition to the passive one. When activated, causes your next three wrath or starfire casts take 30%-50% less time to cast. OR it would allow the 3 wraths/starfires to be casted while moving. Only usable while the druid has the passive effect active.

These seem to help with survivability and helps us freecast. Just my thoughts.
Heres what i think would help moonkins alot.

Entangling Roots doesnt break so easily from dmg.

New ability: Astral Barrier. Upon reaching an eclipse you gain a shield that abosorbs [some amount of dmg, a sizeable bubble but not large enough that it would need a cd]. While active, damaging spells you cast cannot be interrupted by dmg. (if this second effect was added the shield would probably need to be dispellable to keep it balanced.)

Owlkin Frenzy now has an activated effect in addition to the passive one. When activated, causes your next three wrath or starfire casts take 30%-50% less time to cast. OR it would allow the 3 wraths/starfires to be casted while moving. Only usable while the druid has the passive effect active.

These seem to help with survivability and helps us freecast. Just my thoughts.

Something like this would be good, but I'd rather healing touch still be useful. Maybe when specced into balance our healing touch is put into the arcane tree with a 1.5s cast, and maybe a different name to differentiate.
I couldn't agree more. I have also been playing boom since cata. I played Warr up until Wrath and got sick of being so gimped. Then I started playing mage until Cata. I got tired of making progress in a match and then when I CC someone they go back to full health. Dumbest idea ever. This is why I loved boomkin. I could clone someone at full hp, aka a healer... or I could clone a target near death to prevent big cds being used on them until a teammate could cc their healer. With the changes to clone it completely screws this up. I definitely agree with the cd nerf to ferals because that is OP as all heck.

But I feel the DR nerf to clone should only apply to ferals since they are all instant clones and can catch a team offguard in a bad spot. REMOVE THE CLONE DR TO BOOMKINS/RESTO!

Survivability is better and same with the direct dmg but they need to give us some abilities to hardcast more often. Not to mention you can rarely hardcast a starsurge or risk being interrupted out of all of your spellclasses.

Not to mention with all the changes that came with MoP, nobody wanted to bring a boomkin in the beginning of S12. This just shouldn't be the case. It's like most ppl thought we were stuck in S11 but without cunning so we were worthlessIt wasn't until the change to solar beam did most ppl even consider us viable for aoe grip/ring/beam/vortex. I was pumping out dmg and topping meters yet no1 wanted us.

Blizz please hear us and support the boomkin cause!
We either need to be able to cast while moving, or have our cast times reduced. I'm quite tired of having to root someone to actually hit them, and even when it does hit it's not for very much damage..

"Oh, that boomkin is casting! Better start running around him in circles so he gets the "Target must be in front of you" sign!"

I'm only level 32 and this is my first druid, but that's the feeling I'm getting so far.
I am seeing lots of the same theme in this thread and will take a moment to tbrow in my input.

The biggest complaint seems to be not being able to reliably cast wrath and starfire in pvp situations. I am reading lots of good, and some great, ideas to solve this issue. However, most involve elements that will increase overall damage which will them bleed over to the pve game. Then that opens up a whole slew of balancing issues that no one at blizz wants to take on.

I agree something needs to be done, but I think it is best to NOT have the solution be more damage, faster casts, etc...

There needs to be specific mechanics in place that allow a moonkin to use his full toolkit in a pvp scenario.

My vote doesn't necessarily involve buffing moonkins, but more around removing interrupts, at least in pvp. I can understand silences ans think they can and should be allowed as long as they have rather longish cooldowns. The fact that so many classes and spec have access to interrupts is mind blowing. I understand a cc can be used as an interrupt, but things like rebuke, skull bash, counter spell, pummel, etc... need to go. With so much cc, so many interrults, and then silences on top of that, ALL casters have to worry about casting, not just moonkins.

Blizz needs to start by balancing cc, interrputs, etc... then and only then can we truly start to work on ideas for them to implement.

One last comment: Once 5.2 hits and we have access to the purples via honor points, ghe average boomkin will have a lot more ilvl of secondary stats to play around with. I honestly predict that multidotting, even in 1v1 fighs, and utilizing primarily instant cast spells, moonkins will start to shine. If we get ourselves buffed before then... nerfs will be imminent.

I would rather be less strong now, but grow in relative power as the expansion grows, insfead of going through a buff and subsequent nerfing process later.

Criticism and ideas are always good. That is how the game will improve. I urge you all to watch what happens with 5.2 gear and to try and get blizz to rework overall game mechanics regarding cast time spells in pvp before saying the sky is falling.
Bump. Boomkin seriously needs to be looked at.
Either help our cast times or buff our survivability a little.
Between all the cc's/interupts/silences that every class has there's no way you can get casts off. Let alone a 2.5 second cast Starfire.

And I'm still mad that Mighty Bash counts as melee and can be parried/dodged. That's just stupid.
Can we just get survival instincts please? I feel like that would fix SO MUCH.
01/02/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Woofkin
They could possibly do this by adding a mechanic to starfire and wrath which decreases the cast time of the spells each time we cast them by 10 percent or so and stacks for times, kinda like the arcane mages arcane blast, and it also increases the proc chance of shooting stars? But I agree I'm totally against the stupid starsurge damage along with any forms of the ridiculous burst

Or they could stop being cheap and giving us half-assed fixes, and try something like Shamans being able to cast on the move or spam lava burst. But of course if a Moonkin actually beat someone in PvP, there would be rage followed by nerfs. I get really sick of it and quite honestly, I keep asking myself why I actually pay MONTHLY to play this game.
We either need to be able to cast while moving, or have our cast times reduced. I'm quite tired of having to root someone to actually hit them, and even when it does hit it's not for very much damage..

"Oh, that boomkin is casting! Better start running around him in circles so he gets the "Target must be in front of you" sign!"

I'm only level 32 and this is my first druid, but that's the feeling I'm getting so far.

It doesn't change at 90. Basically the same thing will happen to you.
01/05/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Rinin
I think boomkins damage is pretty solid to be honest , Its not on par with most classes , but all and all its pretty solid if you time your starfall procs, and such.

None. But then again, most classes stun lock/fear lock/spell lock/or just hit you with 10 lava bursts and you're toast.
01/03/2013 03:35 AMPosted by Verze
how mongoloid our damage can really become,

Mongoloid is a noun meaning monster mainly used to label people with birth defects such as down syndrome or cerebral palsy and it is very offensive. I have no idea why so many wow players began to use this term so often to describe really high damage but it is also not an adjective and we just sound stupid using it as such. Nothing against you personally but it just annoys the hell out of me.