Heroic Mode Boss Changes

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
12/20/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Dysheki
Also 4 melee in a heavily ranged favoured tier..

That's only 2 melee (I don't really count tanks as melee). You're saying two melee is too much? While historically mechanics favor ranged you don't need to pigeonhole yourself to saying 'get more ranged no melee allowed'. It really hasn't been THAT ranged favored this tier. Like Feng for example: previously they may have allowed everyone to get the aoe debuff during the arcane phase, but thankfully melee don't have to worry about that. It would require too much running around and Blizzard understood this and has been trying to balance as best as possible.

Saying 2 melee dps in a 10 man is too much just doesn't sound right to me at all (we use myself and a DK for most fights /shrug).

And back to the original topic, yes, we have a spriest that will start healing on it (haven't been able to this week yet, yay holidays) but I still don't see why 4 healing a fight should be the optimal way to do it. Just silly. People who dps don't always like to heal, so it's not really a welcomed change of pace to many at all - especially since it really only affects one person.

What about melee getting 1-shot by a fixate while in melee range?
12/20/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Potato
Im sure somebody is talented enough and has a geared enough alt that they can heal on.

No, I'm pretty sure that no one in my group has an alt that is geared enough to heal a heroic raid boss, and balancing raids around such an expectation would be incredibly poor design on Blizzard's part.
12/20/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Im sure somebody is talented enough and has a geared enough alt that they can heal on.

No, I'm pretty sure that no one in my group has an alt that is geared enough to heal a heroic raid boss, and balancing raids around such an expectation would be incredibly poor design on Blizzard's part.

It really doesn't have to be super geared. It seems to me that if you are a strong raiding guild aiming for fast progression its incredibly poor design not to plan for the possibility of 2heal/4heal fights.
12/20/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Potato
It really doesn't have to be super geared. It seems to me that if you are a strong raiding guild aiming for fast progression its incredibly poor design not to plan for the possibility of 2heal/4heal fights.

2 heal? Yes, sometimes needing one less healer or one less tank to beat the enrage makes sense. 4 healers in a 10m though? Not so much.
12/20/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Bomdanil
4 healers in a 10m though?

12/20/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Potato
its incredibly poor design not to plan for the possibility of 2heal/4heal fights

No matter what you say Mr Warlock, you're blaming Blizzard for your lack of foresight.

You can keep arguing but I guess you can say

*sunglasses*

We Dont Care
12/20/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Convictfish
No matter what you say Mr Warlock, you're blaming Blizzard for your lack of foresight.

I wasn't blaming Blizzard for anything. I was disagreeing with someone's claim that it's just a matter of telling someone to change specs and heal. After I demonstrated that, I disagreed with their secondary assertion that raids should be designed with the expectation of everyone having multiple heroic raid geared characters.
12/20/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Bomdanil

2 heal? Yes, sometimes needing one less healer or one less tank to beat the enrage makes sense. 4 healers in a 10m though? Not so much.

Its happened in previous tier. You would be silly to assume something like that would never happen again.
12/20/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Potato
Its happened in previous tier. You would be silly to assume something like that would never happen again.

1) You'll have to tell me which fight in T11+ required 4 healers on 10m, because I can't think of a single one that would permit it given the nature of enrage timers.

2) It happening doesn't make it good design, and something to be repeated.
12/20/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Bomdanil

1) You'll have to tell me which fight in T11+ required 4 healers on 10m, because I can't think of a single one that would permit it given the nature of enrage timers.

2) It happening doesn't make it good design, and something to be repeated.

H Al Akir.
oh oh can i play?

h morchok first 2 weeks
oh oh can i play?

h morchok first 2 weeks

We got by fine with just 3.
yes so did we, we also got by with 3 for al'akir, however that doesn't change the fact that 4 healing both those fights was a common and accepted strategy. i'd bet you 10 bucks i could comb through logs and find people 3 healing shekzeer pre-nerf too.

oh look,

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-572y3cfoqgroot5l/sum/healingDone/?s=7419&e=7988#Xabok

so i guess its safe to say anecdotal evidence is anecdotal
why did "trinket burst damage adjustments" link send me to this forum?
People complaining about 4 healing a boss when they only have 3 possible healers for their raid group.

what do you do if someone can't make it? cancel your raids?
do you not have -any- bench players at all?

there are numerous things you can do to resolve the problem of not having that rare 4th healer.
12/19/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Honestly if you are up to Heroic Empress some of your Hybrid Dps should be skilled enough to be able to switch to heals for a fight.

Please find the 4th healer in the following group:

Warrior
DK x2
Priest
Druid
Rogue
Mage
Warlock
Shaman
Hunter

Come on! Its obvious! The 2 DKs!
4 heal fights in 10-man should not be acceptable. Difficult to heal with 3 is fine but if there really is a need to use a fourth healer to get kills then something is wrong.
Let me guess this is where the QQ will start, "stop nerfing content too fast!" crowd is gonna come in lol.