Leveling is great...then you hit BC.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 19 Next
I used to feel the same way about Outland. But I actually enjoyed it this time on my priest.
The brick wall will come when I hit cata zones.
I was actually super excited to get to BC the last time I went through it. It was so nice to be off the nouveau-vanilla rails and be able to run around areas with good mob density doing whatever quests I wanted.
Lol all the cata and wotlk babies saying the best expansion in the game is horrible...
BC is soooooo horrible, it was ok back when it first came out, but after years and many alts going through it hitting 58 makes me cry bitter tears.
Every time I see a hellboar, I die a little inside.
i like the excitement of leaving azeroth for outlands. however i do not njoy going back to azeroth especially for northrend and cataclysm. i would love to be able to level to 85 just in outlands. it feels backwards to go to outlands then back to azeroth
BC is/was amazing.

Though I'm guess what turns most people off is that the quests still follow the old game mechanics.

That is, collect 10 of something that will only drop off 1 in 10 mobs. Go kill this elite, wait you need at least 5 people for it, abandon quest and move on.

Old world was updated for Cata, Northrend leveling was always easier, MoP easier once again, while BC still follows the old ways.
01/07/2013 09:45 PMPosted by Wolf
BC leveling is a hell of a lot better than Northrend.

Even leveling a DK with full heirlooms, mostly cloth int ones, and the darkmoon faire buff its just bleh. Not that is hard, just time consuming and not fun.
01/07/2013 09:46 PMPosted by Ohgodfleas
I agree.

I can get done with BC very quickly, but Northrend takes forever.

Takes about the same amount of time and northrend is a lot more visually pleasing. To each their own.
The whole 58 to 80 grind is dreadful.
01/07/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Molch
Lol all the cata and wotlk babies saying the best expansion in the game is horrible...

Bc was and still is rubbish! Oh look a different opinion than yours, might want to call the whammmabulance.
01/07/2013 09:45 PMPosted by Wolf

Quoted for truth
I agree.

I can get done with BC very quickly, but Northrend takes forever.

Oh, what this game has fallen to. We judge the quality of questing by how quickly we can complete it?

You know, questing is what apotheosized this game originally. It was heralded as the first "every man's" MMO because of the questing experience.

And now we beg and plead for Blizzard to make questing easier and easier, faster and faster, some even asking for the leveling process to be removed entirely.

Sad.
01/07/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Trashman
Leveling through BC era content makes me what to delete WoW. That is all.

Obviously you weren't around to level before BC was even invented.
I know many people hate Hellfire and have since BC but call me a masocit; it's one of my favorite zones to level in.

The 2 starter zones in Northrend are unbearable personally. I can't understand why people love them so much specially Borean Tundra. Probably the story line I guess.

All opinion.
01/07/2013 11:12 PMPosted by Gulder
The whole 58 to 80 grind is dreadful.

I'm getting so close.

some even asking for the leveling process to be removed entirely.

People actually want this? Maybe I'm naive, but why?