The Singing Cricket... underwhelming?

Pet Battles
Have to ask, did anyone else find this pet quite underwhelming?

It has no unique moveset, the same ones all crickets have. It's not even a unique skin, as the Marsh Fiddlers have the same skin.

I just feel that for leveling 75 pets to 25, we should have gotten at least a unique skin or moveset cricket. O_o It's one of the harder pet battle achievements, but it's pretty horrible.

Anyone else feel this way?
I loved this pet when I first got it, it was huge!

Then one day I summon him and he's super tiny like all the others. Bummer.

But otherwise, it's a lame cricket. They could've done so much better on a pet that takes a good grind to get.
If Singing Cricket was what I'd done my levelling for, I'd have been pretty annoyed when I got it. On seeing it, I figured Blizzard decided pet collectors should get a slap in the face for spending that much time levelling.

At least Red Cricket is worth having, nice raw power there.
Almost all critters are bad right now. I am in the same boat, it isn't fun to even pick up critters for that reason.

Nether roach is not even cool, same as regular roach, Resilient Roach isn't even resilient, fire proof roach isn't fire proof, etc... same goes for crickets, beetles, rats, frogs, moths, snails, you name it... there is a bunch.

Most critters don't live up to their name sadly. I think blizzard will make it better, they are planning, from how I understand it, to make them more unique one day... one day...
They did over do it with the critters. If there weren't so many, everywhere, with the exact same move sets, they might not be so blah. A fast rabbit has it's benefits, but so do the 20 or so other fast rabbits. They just don't feel special.
I have to agree with you. I love my Red Cricket but the fact that this achievement awards yet another cricket annoys me slightly. It's just another pet tally to me once I get it, nothing exciting to even strive for. At least it's rare now I guess.
01/08/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Rallea
Nether roach is not even cool, same as regular roach, Resilient Roach isn't even resilient, fire proof roach isn't fire proof, etc... same goes for crickets, beetles, rats, frogs, moths, snails, you name it... there is a bunch.

I agree, though at least a lava crab has different moves than a spirit crab which has different moves from a regular crab.

It'd have been nice if Bliz at least changed movesets around slightly for each different pet. As it stands, you catch one beetle/roach, rat, etc., you've caught them all.
50 mounts - A basic drake. Whoot.
100 mounts - Dragonhawk. Ok, kinda cool. It's the only dragonhawk Alliance can get, I think.
150 mounts - A kite. Oh, the ones I use on FPs? Neato. Painting it a different colour isn't exciting.

Blizzard has a way of making achievement rewards underwhelming.
01/08/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Rallea
Nether roach is not even cool, same as regular roach

Not really. He does have blast, a magic attack. Where they really got lazy was on the tainted and fire proof cockroach. Would it really have been that much trouble to try to make them somewhat unique by giving them a basic fire or undead attack? Like shadow slash and burn respectively? Or even adding some kind of poison DoT to the irradiated Roach.

Nobody would use them still, but at least you would see SOME effort put into them.
50 mounts - A basic drake. Whoot.
100 mounts - Dragonhawk. Ok, kinda cool. It's the only dragonhawk Alliance can get, I think.
150 mounts - A kite. Oh, the ones I use on FPs? Neato. Painting it a different colour isn't exciting.

Blizzard has a way of making achievement rewards underwhelming.

I don't know, I thought the dragonhawk and kite were pretty cool. I ride the kite almost everywhere.

I'd think this cricket were cooler if they had at least given it a unique color. A black cricket (like most crickets should be) would have been awesome.

Or at least have it sing like the flower every so often.
Albino drake was pretty cool when it was released, skin is unique to that mount and the only drakes available were nether drakes. Dragonhawk was really nice and unusual back when it was released. Alliance version is arguably a nicer palette, but Horde gets the armored one. The kite? eh...... only complaint is that it's an inanimate object (taxi argument doesn't get much water, there have been lots of requests for bat mounts over the years)

For achievement pets though, the Singing Cricket was really disappointing. Nuts and Stinker were unique when they were released and do cute interactive stuff, and the Celestial Dragon is obviously awesome. Venus and the Jade Tentacle are unique pets. The cricket? it doesn't even sing.