NEW POKEMON GAME: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Prev 1 2 3 21 Next
Fire type starters have been pretty bad after Gen 2 and 3. Hopefully we will get a pure starter this time, or at least a sub type that isn't detrimental. Excited to see their final evolutions, and of course, the new Eeveelutions.
01/08/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Irøh
Fire type starters have been pretty bad after Gen 2 and 3. Hopefully we will get a pure starter this time, or at least a sub type that isn't detrimental. Excited to see their final evolutions, and of course, the new Eeveelutions.

Competitively speaking, Infernape and Blaziken are considerably better than Charizard and Typhlosion. Hell, Blaziken is in the Uber tier. The fighting sub-type is definitely unnecessary this time around, but it didn't really hinder either of them in a serious way. Emboar wasn't that good, I'll admit.

Here's to hoping that it's something interesting instead of the tired fire/fighting type again.
The textures looked a bit rough on the preview video. Hope they can make it look a bit sharper.

But I'm most excited about the battle scene.

That's probably just because we aren't seeing it on the 3ds. Lots of 3ds games look like that when they are shown on bigger screens, but it's not noticeable on the 3ds screen.
Looks like I'm boxing my starter again
I, uh... it's like... a mixture between :D... and D:<. I LIKE sprites. I LIKE how they've been doing it for years. This looks pretty cool... but these starters make me wanna puke. The 3D's nice. I hope it won't be for the 3DS exclusively for long; I might get it!

Also, for the record, Electross is the true king.
Mozilla is best starter.
Well, I've already mentioned that I'll be going with Fennekin. Every Pokemon generation, except for Black/White, I went with Fire (Tepig just stunk, sorry) and I love the look of Fennekin.

As for what they'll evolve into, and possible subtypes? Well, there's always the possibility that they'll be Pures and have no subtype whatsoever. But if I had to make a guess...

- Fennekin's final form will be Fire/Ground. It makes sense seeing as how the Fennec Fox lives in the desert.

- Froakie MIGHT go Water/Poison. Why? We haven't seen a Poison Dart Frog in any Pokemon Generation yet. Croagunk doesn't count because while he's definitely a frog, he's Poison/Fighting. WE NEED WATER, PEOPLE.

- Chespin, I believe will go Grass/Ground. Chipmunks make their dwellings underground, right?

And now for something a wee bit silly... someone mentioned that if a third version came out, it should be called Pokemon Z?

NO. DEAR GOD NO. The game will be nothing more than a Venusaur screaming at the top of its lungs while it is charging its Solar Beam amidst stunned trainers and other pokemon with BOUNDLESS exposition and probably 2 - 3 minutes of ACTUAL POKEMON FIGHTING.

And now for something a wee bit silly... someone mentioned that if a third version came out, it should be called Pokemon Z?

NO. DEAR GOD NO. The game will be nothing more than a Venusaur screaming at the top of its lungs while it is charging its Solar Beam amidst stunned trainers and other pokemon with BOUNDLESS exposition and probably 2 - 3 minutes of ACTUAL POKEMON FIGHTING.

Lmao, that needs to be made into an animated movie now. Also, Pokemon Z has to happen now just for that very reason. Of course we will all blame you if it turns out bad since you came up with the idea.
*sees the pikachu at the start*

I WANT THIS GAME ALREADY

*Edit* And finally a Fire pokemon starter that doesn't look stupid.
DO WANT. PLEASE.

On a side note, I REALLY hope the Fire starter DOESN'T get Fighting as a secondary type this time around. We're kind of sick of it at this point.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Sapphire and Ruby were current (mostly because I don't have a DS) but I still find this image hilariously awesome.
The battle scene just look awesome. It also looks like the new region will be European inspired which I think will be pretty nice.

Lmao, that needs to be made into an animated movie now. Also, Pokemon Z has to happen now just for that very reason. Of course we will all blame you if it turns out bad since you came up with the idea.

Jeebus, it'll take 6 episodes, then on the 7th, Solar Beam misses. !@#$

I usually go for the water, since their final move sets are usually Surf, Hydropump, Ice Beam and Blizzard. This set up usually allows me to steam roll most of the game's normal content. I'm still trying to decide which starter to go, assuming I even get a 3DS(thing gives me massive migraines thanks to an eye condition I have).
I'm probably going to with whatever version has that Miyazaki-esque deer legendary, it looks so fantastic. The flying type legendary just seems kind of... bland.

It's it wrong that I would watch the !@#$ out of that?
Some additional information about the upcoming Pokemon game.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/09/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-legendary-pokemon-named/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/09/therell-be-over-700-pokemon-with-the-releases-of-pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-plus-additional-details/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Well its offical I'm back into pokemon once again (after skipping B/W2).

Anyone mind guessing what new evolutions we'll be getting this time around?
01/08/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Novijen
Also, starters, ladies and gentlemen. Who you gonna choose?

Fennekin.

I loved my Charizard, I loved my Typhlosion, I loved my Emboar. Blaziken and Infernape never were favorites, but yeah. I actually still have my original Charizard and Typhlosion from Yellow and Crystal, respectively. Fire-starters ALL THE WAY. (Though, I must admit, Samurott is awesome too.)

'Course, if Growlithe/Arcanine is available I might end up boxing it... Arcanine is just so much win, I really don't mind using him over the other Fire starters. Fennekin looks pretty cute, though. I hope his evolutions don't disappoint.
I'll probably pick Croakie, but it depends on how strong their final evolutions end up being. I tend to box starters since they're outclassed by other pokemon most of the time, with a few exceptions. I really hope Flareon actually has a good moveset this time, because i'm getting tired of alternating between Jolteon and Espeon (gotta have an eveelution in my team). I'll probably stick with Ninetales or Houndoom as my fire type.