Winter 2013 Anime

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Only 2 things I'm waiting for this year are the last 2 episodes to MSG UC. Hopefully Marida doesn't die and the rainbow Unicorn is canon.
The only thing I care about is JoJo... I really hope they do Part 3 thru 7 once they're done with Battle Tendency
If your favorite show this season and decade isn't Inferno Cop, you are the scum of the anime industry.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai was a serious disappointment. In a "!@#$%^- is a hell of a drug crossed with creepy sis-con" kind of way.

It's the third best show this season. 2deep4u

Sasami is going to be an acquired taste, I think a lot of people aren't going to like it. The second episode did explain a great deal though and knowing that there is a plot beyond crazy weirdness is going to keep me watching it.

01/22/2013 05:58 AMPosted by Fluttërshy
The only thing I care about is JoJo... I really hope they do Part 3 thru 7 once they're done with Battle Tendency

I'm hoping they go at least as far as Stone Ocean, that seems like a decent spot to stop what with re-writting the universe and all, but odds are they will only go as far as the third arc.

I'm hoping they go at least as far as Stone Ocean, that seems like a decent spot to stop what with re-writting the universe and all, but odds are they will only go as far as the third arc.

I really don't like Part 4... even though Kira is an awesome villain; and I like Part 5 even though I think Diavolos is a pretty bad villain...

Stone Ocean's Pucci is an awesome villain... and Versace using the Miami Dolphins as a weapon was just mindblowing
Sasami is going to be an acquired taste, I think a lot of people aren't going to like it. The second episode did explain a great deal though and knowing that there is a plot beyond crazy weirdness is going to keep me watching it.

After watching the second episode, I can safely say I don't like it. I wouldn't take the explanation at face value, though. The show is very heavy on parodying current tropes. The explanation itself is likely a parody that will be abandoned as quickly as the other various tropes it sifts through.

I suppose parody like that is funnier when it's culturally relevant. And just about none of the stuff Sasami parodies is anything I appreciate to begin with.

On another note: Maoyu picks up in the second episode. Aside from the generic fantasy tropes, it seems to heavily resemble Wolf and Spice.
Nobody is going to like everything, just how the world rolls.

heck there are people who don't like JoJo
(they are crazy people with no sense of style but to each their own right)

Cuticle Detective Inaba is one I'm having trouble with. It's extremely weird. Sometimes I find it really funny and other times I'm just scratching my head wondering WTH I just saw. The Goat makes me laugh though and the cop's daughter was awesome

3 episodes of Ishida & Asakura has been enough for me. That one just isn't for me
4 Episodes in now and Unlimited is probably my favorite show of the new season so far.

Still watching Cuticle Detective. Can't help myself, it's a ridiculous show, with a silly premise but the introduction of his brother added to all the rest of the craziness is keeping me coming back.

Kotoura-san continues to play with my emotions and I can't give that show up

Chihayafuru is as amazing as the first season and the new characters are fun.

Maoyu I am still uncertain of. I do like what it's doing but some parts of it are annoying

Problem Children is shaping up nicely and all 3 main characters are proving to be pretty over powered in their own way. That's kind of what is making this fun, but I hope their real enemies are on the same level. It'll get boring if every fight is easy for them.
New Minami-Ke and Chihayafuru were the ones I was most looking forward to, neither have disappointed so far.

Kotoura-san kinda came out of nowhere, really liking that one so far. GJ-Bu has been quite enjoyable too.

Also watching:
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Tamako Market
Vividred Operation
Yama no Susume
...all of which are decent but don't really stand out to me as much

As for continuations from last season, Shinsekai Yori and Sakurasou are awesome.
Fairy Tail is going to be really strong for the next few weeks.
02/02/2013 08:32 AMPosted by Verelyse
Fairy Tail is going to be really strong for the next few weeks.

last night was awesome, glad they expanded Erza vs. 100 a little.

and Mavis is such a little imp, though I'm glad she clearly wants Canna to have the spell once she is ready for it.
The look on Makarov's face when he realized what Cana was about to do was absolutely priceless. ^_^
Darn it, it's still like six months until the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime or something.
LMAO

Nostalgia Critic and AVGN both get cameo in UNLIMITED episode 5
just got myself caught up on Psycho Pass

Bloody hell that is a good series.

I've got some ideas about what they saw in the basement but gonna have to wait to see if I'm right.

If you like SciFi dramas with a respectable amount of violence I recommend it

http://www.funimation.com/psycho-pass/videos
Psycho Pass does an excellent job of making it awkward to root for either the good guys or the bad guys. As self conscious as it is, it pulls off the distopean future theme perfectly.

Unlimited is showing great promise as something more than just flashy super powers and crazy hair. I've seen the manga it's based off of compared to X-men, and the parallels are very noticeable.
Well OreShura showed me just how generic a generic harem can get, bleh.
Kotoura-san, Gj-Bu, Minami-ke Tadaima, and Tamako Market are still looking well. Kotoura-san in particular.
For continuations there's still Space Brothers and Little Busters, both of which are proving to be astoundingly well made.

01/22/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Midvale
If your favorite show this season and decade isn't Inferno Cop, you are the scum of the anime industry.

This. So much this.
Kotoura-san has definitely proven to be the surprise show of the season. That show is one heck of an emotional roller coaster.

GJ-Bu turned out better than I had expected, and it gets extra points for having Canadian characters in it.

Have to agree on OreShura, a couple of the characters are kind of interesting but overall it's the same situations we've seen a dozen times over.

I am going to miss Fairy Tale though.
Kotoura-san is on the level of Madoka Magica, and Cloaked won't hear anyone say otherwise!

No one has mentioned Senran Kagura! xD SK is... it's cool! DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE PLOT! They're NINJAS! Okay but if you don't like fanservice you probably won't like it.

Vividred Operation is also pretty nice. Much less fanservice than SK and the music is killer! Some wicked battle scenes too.

Oreshura is nice, but his reaction to her reading his notebook is silly. The show also REEKS of the previous Chuunibyou title, but I guess it's just a topic.
Kotoura-san is certainly an interesting one. I'm not too sure what to feel about certain things, but I do like it quite a bit. I'd say it's my favorite of the Winter season thus far.

Senran Kagura and Vividred Operation are entertaining to watch, though SK's a bit over-the-top with the fanservice.

Tamako Market.... It's promising, at least. Choi's adorable, though.

I am going to miss Fairy Tale though.

Fairy Tail was good, but to be honest, I stopped around the time the GMG kicked up in the Manga (so before all the pre-GMG filler in the anime). Though I have to say, it has an amazing soundtrack.