Open Libram LXIV: Tales of the Bold

Paladin
Post Limit:
Prev 1 16 17 18 26 Next
Holy crap, I just killed a real boss in Terrace. o_O

Guild's first kill, no less.

EDIT: Tank neck and 'caster cloak, bleh; no bracers from coin, either.
01/16/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Elidra
Woo, killed Bladelord.

01/16/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Aglaea
Fun night, won all the bgs with Vladja and actually downed a boss in MSV with a pug group.

Holy crap, I just killed a real boss in Terrace. o_O

Many grats to all.

01/16/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Vladja
they keep making these set bonuses worse and worse.

The people writing the patch notes get worse and worse.

Because for starters we're wearing Tier 14 right now, it's the four set bonus not the two set bonus and it's triggered off CS and HoTR not HoW.

That post on MMO is going to cause no end of stupid confusion.
I wouldn't turn down a HoW-based buff to our t14 2pc, but it's proooooobably not what they meant.
Blizzard can't seem to do anything with Death Knight Tier Sets now but throw bones on some scrap metal.

Still I suppose it's better then us with our Thunder BaIls and alien heads.
01/16/2013 06:18 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Lor'themar now sounds like an Aussie desperately trying to hide their accent, to me anyway.

I'll take it. He sounds a LOT better than his old, crappy placeholder voiceover. Sounded like a fruitier Perez Hilton, and by the Light that's saying something about how unbelievably horrid his old voice actor was.

Edit: Oh my. I got my wish after all.

Second Wind will no longer regenerate health while the Warrior is stunned.

*/happydance*
01/16/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Lobster
Search for Wrathion on Tumblr. Most of it is really tame, at least the stuff that's not hidden under cut links lol.

ok, in retrospect this was a mistake. the first thing that popped up was anduin/wrathion slash ponies.

give it a rest people.

and wrathion looks waaaay to much like mozenrath from disney's aladin

Fun night, won all the bgs with Vladja and actually downed a boss in MSV with a pug group. Now to get mog stuff.

huzzah bgs.
Morning Pally Crew

Still not thrilled about a single target component to DS =/

Blegh.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=28#555
Paladin
- For Retribution, we were trying to emphasize what was once the most awesome spell in the Ret arsenal (Divine Storm) while reacting to some of the initial feedback that the first set bonus wasn't exciting. As often happens in cases like this, the players who liked the first set bonus and not the second have now offered their feedback. I want to stress that when this happens it's not a poll or a contest to see who can yell the loudest. We evaluate the feedback we get, weigh the strengths of the various arguments, and come to a decision. For 5.2 we're going to go back to the initial 4 pc set bonus of Templar's Verdict sometimes hitting for Holy damage. I also want to stress that anyone expecting said bonus to be a 20% DPS increase or something are going to be disappointed, so I hope that's not why you liked the bonus. :)

Incorporating Divine Storm into the single-target rotation, sometimes, is still a neat idea and the kind of thing we might do as a glyph or something in the future.
*blink*

Wow, I totally misread that the first time as "for 5.2, we're not going to..." and was like "mreh, fine".

Woohoo, 400k TV crits inc!

(Good, it was getting tiresome to explain repeatedly that a DS and a TV is in fact numerically superior to just a TV, and that lightning damage is in fact appropriate for the Thunder King raid, despite the mechanics of it being undesirable)
So I guess it's a random proc that means we'll have full Holy TV's which will be unmitigated by armour. Sexy.
Yup.

Would have prefered a bonus that enhanced either TV or DS, but if its an all or nothing, Id prefer the bonus to enhance TV, as I push that more in raids.
01/17/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Would have prefered a bonus that enhanced either TV or DS, but if its an all or nothing, Id prefer the bonus to enhance TV, as I push that more in raids.

Definitely. It won't be as useful for times when AoE is a good thing (Stone Guard, isn't DS a boost on 2+ mobs?) but the majority are single target so I'm happy for it to be just TV.
01/17/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Muletia
Stone Guard, isn't DS a boost on 2+ mobs

Yea, I think this teir there are about 3 fights where I push DS in any consistent matter.
They probably saw your transmog and assumed you had monopolized the world's gold!

Getting wrongfully banned would suck; glad you got it sorted out.
01/17/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Muletia
Definitely. It won't be as useful for times when AoE is a good thing (Stone Guard, isn't DS a boost on 2+ mobs?) but the majority are single target so I'm happy for it to be just TV.

Of course, with this set bonus, TV will be better than DS on two if the proc is up (maybe even on 3), so we'll still need some UI stuff to make us aware of it.
We'll see, he did note that it wont factor into as big of a dps gain as the theorycrafters were mathing out.
01/17/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Covahredro
On a side note I just had my ban lifted, I was unfortunately accused of economy exploitation. I'm not sure how that happened as I've never once attempted to do such. But 19hours later and they restored it I'm happy to say(yeah yeah you cancel the party now, I ain't going anywhere). Its still pretty scary to think this could happen, I know they have the right to do so at anytime, but to be accused wrongfully is rather upsetting.

You should be pushing tickets or email to find out in very, very specific wording what they banned you for. Economy exploitation is something they use as a kind of blanket, it's very vague. It can range from suspected AH botting to gold buying/selling and things like what was done with early FL trash.

If it's something you weren't doing, you don't want it on your account history because something like that will severely elevate any other actions against your account.