Open Libram LXIV: Tales of the Bold

Paladin
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
01/19/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
A touch late to that party but yes, wooo!

I know... work has been kicking my !@#$ :( Should follow the Libram a tad closer in my off-time.
01/20/2013 02:34 AMPosted by Muletia
23 Muletia's .. at least 16 of them are me.

135 "Snozberries", 6 of which are 90. And only one of which is me :D
Good news, they reverted the ret 4p change.
01/20/2013 07:12 AMPosted by Darthelm
Good news, they reverted the ret 4p change.

Welcome to last week, bud. LOL

01/20/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
First MSV clear; no sword or trink, but still came out with two pieces - upgrade and a side-grade. All in all, gained haste and crit. Ended Elegon at 120k to the amazement of everyone else in the raid, so I'll call it a good night.

Many grats, it must feel good to raid again.

And you show em what a Ret Paladin can do!

Indeed, it did. Part of the surprise, I think, was that two of the people in the raid are on the guild's main progression team and were much better geared. Whole time they were going back and forth on Vent about who was gonna beat the other, and suddenly I'm sitting pretty at the top of the meter. LOL

Also, some of their surprise may be on account of the Ret they have on that team isn't as good as I - or so I've been told by my team's RL (who also raids on the main team).
01/20/2013 01:19 AMPosted by Ravicana
I'm not exceptionally familiar with his acting career; did he have more variety than "awkward teenage boy" prior to the show? Or has that just always been his thing, and the show is what got him known for it? I guess he's not old enough for "always" to stretch particularly far back, hm..

Prior to awkward teenage boy, he played awkward kid in various TV bit parts, that's really all he did prior to superbad and just about every movie he's been in since then he's been playing the same part.

In Magic Magic he plays awkward teenage boy along side a girl who has pretty much always been awkward/crazy teenage girl, too!

In a few years, he'll go play some Jesse Eisenberg roles.
Well, Grognard, I must concede, it looks like you were right about HA being the best talent with t15 set bonuses.
Huh. I wonder if Exorcism would take priority over HoW and CS with a SW talent build.

I really don't want to take HA and figure out how to best juggle a 2 min HA and 3 min SW. Perhaps I'm just that lazy :x
My plan is to say "mreh, <1k dps difference" and take SW anyway because I just like it better.
Balhale's first sim shows DP close enough that I'm not even going to pretend to feel guilty that I'm still using it.

If you use HA, you pretty much need to just blow CDs as they come up after their initial use. Some really specific fight lengths will favor holding one to line up with the other, but it's not really significant.
i've been using DP since launch, i'm glad that it's not a bonehead thing to do. might try SW though, because wings are fun.
01/20/2013 03:28 AMPosted by Excalibalg
I know... work has been kicking my !@#$ :(

Been there before. :(

01/20/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
Whole time they were going back and forth on Vent about who was gonna beat the other, and suddenly I'm sitting pretty at the top of the meter. LOL

Priceless.

01/20/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Cayse
Balhale's first sim

Huh.

That is interesting.
01/20/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Ravicana
Well, Grognard, I must concede, it looks like you were right about HA being the best talent with t15 set bonuses.

Well, we'll see. Only a first run without modifying the burst priority sequence, he said. Changing Wings' priority to preference CS may end up bumping SW back to the top, but I still think HA should be better because we don't have to worry about down-prioritizing anything involving our set bonuses. Balhale said that HoW's still gonna trump CS, even with CS's chance to proc HolyTVs...Unless HoW really is going to proc the 4p, in which case SW will probably win out once everything's implemented to the sequences.
bleh, still hate SW. it still feels really disruptive.
I don't like it either, and I'm not really a huge fan of HA, so I've been using DP for everything except for a couple attempts on Garalon and one day pvping taking burst screenshots.

DP is just more exciting, when it comes down to it.
Time to watch Return of the King with a bunch of guys before school starts. And of course some Papa Johns.
01/20/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
There are now four Cadenbrie's on the armory, up from the previous three.

141 Elidras, but mine is the first result, and every mention in the actual forums is me.

01/19/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Ravicana
By comparison, Execution Sentence (which doesn't scale with haste) is noticeably slower than my other GCDs.

It kind of feels like Holy Prism's does scale, though. Not sure.
Heh, Holy Prism just saved my buns on a last second kill on Windlord. I should probably figure out some space for a decent aoe macro for it, but otherwise I'm liking it a bit more now.
01/20/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Snozberries
Heh, Holy Prism just saved my buns on a last second kill on Windlord. I should probably figure out some space for a decent aoe macro for it, but otherwise I'm liking it a bit more now.

I just have a modifier key on it to self-cast, the same key I use to turn CS and TV into HotR and DS. How did it save you, its healing isn't all that in my experience.
01/20/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Elidra

I just have a modifier key on it to self-cast, the same key I use to turn CS and TV into HotR and DS. How did it save you, its healing isn't all that in my experience.

I have it on the same modifier as HoW :x

We had lost all our healers in the last 10 seconds or so, three or four of us survived the last whirling blades. I had blown my bubble for that last blades, and we were all pretty low. It had healed just enough to survive the first tick of his enrage.