Open Libram LXIV: Tales of the Bold

Paladin
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
N Garalon eating face apart. Halp.
Going through old jump drives is funz. So many partially finished writing projects crammed into those things. <_<

01/14/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Lobster
Yay dinosaurs.

It's like we're going to Jurassic Park, there needs to be a "Clever Girl." reference.

01/14/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Exactly. Global warming at work.

Maybe humanity will do the world a favor and kill itself off.

01/14/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Jackishi
N Garalon eating face apart. Halp.

Exactly how is the face eating being done?

My guild barely killed him last night.
Exactly how is the face eating being done?

My guild barely killed him last night.

Just need better coordination, really. Doesn't help that it's a two guild thing with a pug or two here and there, but we're doing decent. Just seem to have problems getting healers in position to heal everyone, including kiters. :(
Since guild doesn't do MSV as part of it's main raid nights anymore, and since we didn't finish up after working on H lei shi, we ran a half PuG of what we were missing. Nothing is more fun than screwing around on current tier heroic content like it's from last expansion XD. On H stone guards we got to like 10% without any deaths and we're like "What's this? We're not wiping on stone guards?" so just to make the run feel complete, someone killed themselves in a mine just before the kill. 3 healed H Gajaral, which surprisingly makes the final phase much scarier since by the end you lose like 2/3rds of your health every cast. Then we screwed around on spirit kings... which wasn't as fun... then we did like 6 stacks per power phase on elegon, and still had people screw up going into the last phase, and killed it with 1 person alive. Then on H will, we were at the point where we were just CCing adds and I was tanking the strength. Because I thought I wouldn't need the damage to kill the str since we were killing the fight quickly, I swapped to SoL to help out healers... then I remembered that the adds keep spawning when someone yelled "WTF is this strength doing in the middle!!???" Still killed it, but just barely.

Oh and best part was on the fights that we 2 healed, the healer that went ret had basically no real DPS gear.
Heroic Shek'zeer dooowwwn. My DPS blew because I got RNGd by the corrupted splash crap and died in the first phase and then I got freaking Visions like 5-6 times in the last phase. Maybe this boss has something against paladins lol.

The Sha of Agin is responsible for your horrible performance tonight.
Heroic Shek'zeer dooowwwn. My DPS blew because I got RNGd by the corrupted splash crap and died in the first phase and then I got freaking Visions like 5-6 times in the last phase. Maybe this boss has something against paladins lol.

yay grats. she was so jealous of your fabulous hair so she had to make you as miserable as possible. you need to give her tips so she won't be so insecure and scared of everything

dead bugs!
Well, they're futzing with our four-piece already - anyone surprised, really?

Paladin
- The Retribution 4pc set bonus has changed. It now has a chance for Hammer of the Righteous or Crusader Strike to cause your next Divine Storm to cause extra damage to your target. The idea being that you might swap from TV to DS when you get the proc, so that the RNG is something you can actually do something with rather than it just being RNG for extra damage.
Well, that's... interesting. How much extra damage, I wonder? And just to the one target, or to all targets hit?
Would be nice if they'd added that info, wouldn't it? Poor Balhale's probably raging in a corner somewhere, seeing as how he just got the old 4p implemented in SimC to have it all change. LOL
The DS proc must be pretty substantial to warrant using it over TV. 50%? 100%? Really interested in these numbers.

Although I was looking forward to seeing huge TV crits with the scrapped 4pc :(

Also, Garalon down, and wind lord was a one-shot tonight, but amber shaper is being a golden turd. UI boss is taking it's toll.
The DS proc must be pretty substantial to warrant using it over TV. 50%? 100%? Really interested in these numbers.

Although I was looking forward to seeing huge TV crits with the scrapped 4pc :(

Also, Garalon down, and wind lord was a one-shot tonight, but amber shaper is being a golden turd. UI boss is taking it's toll.

It'd have to be at least 100%, but that'd be a very small single target DPS increase. I could see it being something like 300% on main target and 100% on others.

300% bonus on main target (so 4x normal damage) would put it on roughly the same DPS increase as the old bonus.

Edit: the damage increase is pretty clearly only on the main target, so I feel pretty confident with 4x.
I swear to God one of our Healers is some form of mentally challenged. Worked on Windlord for the first time tonight, got him to 30% a few times.

Could have easily gotten the kill but certain people kept blowing the !@#$ing raid up with wind bombs.

Other highlights of the night include ambered melee staying in melee and people going "duuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr" and letting the throwy blade thing hit them on the way out AND on the way back in.

Fire and not standing in it's many forms, people still fail so much at it.

/deep sigh

Paladin
- The Retribution 4pc set bonus has changed. It now has a chance for Hammer of the Righteous or Crusader Strike to cause your next Divine Storm to cause extra damage to your target. The idea being that you might swap from TV to DS when you get the proc, so that the RNG is something you can actually do something with rather than it just being RNG for extra damage.

I don't like that.
01/14/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Lobster
...Didn't they change Divine Storm in the first place because they didn't like ret using it as a single target attack lol?

Yes.

Blizzard, consistency, they don't have it remember.
01/14/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Lobster
...Didn't they change Divine Storm in the first place because they didn't like ret using it as a single target attack lol?

Yep!

In fairness, we spammed it A LOT when they made that change, and we don't anymore. Although that DS spam was largely enabled by the... tier... set bonus...

OK yeah, this pretty much makes no sense.
Gratz on empress.

Really don't like that new 4p. Before it was just a nice boost with a reasonable proccrate, now we've got an rng rotation changer that we'll need to decide to use in a split second, plus now on any fight that punishes cleaving, we loose out on the benefit of the 4p all together.
Gotta say, this change really irritates me, and I've been trying my best to have a positive outlook.
01/14/2013 09:49 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Well, they're futzing with our four-piece already - anyone surprised, really?

was their really a problem with our old 4set?

the new one seems completely useless, i thought they wanted us to STOP using divine storm on single targets.