Ravenholdt's Character Population

Ravenholdt
Be warned this is long.

Key:
M/F = Male and Female
A= Alliance
H = Horde
*= Subject to change

There are 53,422* characters on Ravenholdt. 62.1% or 33,154 of them are Horde. 33.8% or 18,069 of them are Alliance. Another 4.9% is unknown.

Alliance
60% of the characters are Male, 40% Female.
The Top Three races of the Alliance are as follows:
Human: 28.4%
Worgen: 16.2%
Night Elf: 19.9%

The Top Three classes of those three are as follows:
Human:
Paladin: 23.4%
Warlock: 12%
Warrior: 11.8%

Worgen:
Druid: 25.8%
Hunter: 14%
Rogue: 13.3%

Night Elf:
Druid: 36.4%
Hunter: 21.6%
Rogue: 13.5%

Horde
65.9% are Male and 34.1% are Female

The Top Three races are as follows:
Blood Elf: 32.1%
Tauren: 14.4%
Undead: 14.1%

The Top Three Classes of those three races are as follows:

Blood Elf:
Paladin: 25.8%
Priest: 12.9%
Mage: 12.8%

Tauren:
Druid: 41.6%
Paladin: 16%
Warrior: 11.9%

Undead:
Warlock: 19.7%
Rogue: 18.2%
Priest: 17.8%

*let's out a very long breath* I'm done
Believable... but where did these stats come from?
yeap, these look plausible. but i agree with my troll compadre.... where'd yeh get the numbers?
Awe No ... Hell No... Where are my Gnomies? I can't believe that the Gnomes did not rate.

/sings

Send in the Gnome !!!

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air..
Where are the Gnomes?

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move...
Where are the Gnomes?
Send in the Gnomes.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours.
Making my entrance again with my usual flair
Sure of my lines...
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
My fault, I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want...
Sorry, my dear!
And where are the Gnomes
Send in the Gnomes
Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it @%#@####%?
Losing my timing this late in my career.
And where are the Gnomes?
There ought to be Gnomes...
Well, maybe next year.
Now to add a more data to this list...

Bob's cast of misfits...

2 Male Taurens
Druid
Pally

6 Female (Peg Bundy homage) Orcs
Warlock
Rogue
Hunter
DK
Warrior
Shammy

2 Female Undead
Mage
Priest

1 Male NE
Hunter

1 Male Human
DK
it was wow.realmpop.com is where i got these stats, took me about 3 minutes to get to Ravenholdt though
A representative of the Bronze Dragonflight? How exhilarating!

On behalf of Silvermoon City, allow me to thank you for your expert analysis.

My thanks. This thread was, by far, my absolute largest ever.

Why Tauren RP died right when they had the most interesting and poignant lore turn in their history I will never understand.
If those numbers represent active characters as of now, that also means we have (worst case) 5,342 active players on Ravenholdt (total population / 10 (max characters per player per realm)).
Durh, you're clearly underexploiting the ability to make alts. The alt dial now goes to eleven. In the worst case you get 4856.5454545 players.

While bank alts may not always count as active in the gameplay sense, they do count as far as the characters:people ratio goes.

While I may or may not have 11 active characters on Ravenholdt (if you include bank alts) I have at least managed to stay off of the multi-server sauce.

Oh, and how many people have multiple accounts? They get to divide by multiples of 11.
Durh, you're clearly underexploiting the ability to make alts. The alt dial now goes to eleven. In the worst case you get 4856.5454545 players.

While bank alts may not always count as active in the gameplay sense, they do count as far as the characters:people ratio goes.

While I may or may not have 11 active characters on Ravenholdt (if you include bank alts) I have at least managed to stay off of the multi-server sauce.

Oh, and how many people have multiple accounts? They get to divide by multiples of 11.

2 WoW accts. It affords me the ability to have 5 banks on RH.
My bad. I thought it was 10 characters - probably should count the slots on the login screen next time. :D

I really wish Blizzard would release the number of active accounts per server. I understand why they don't - low numbers would scare some people away and any insight into the Blizzard innards would give their enemies (other game companies) potential intel on their operations.

But I do wish that wasn't the case.

I imagine it might be possible to do a full armory scan and match characters by using achievements and battle pets and other account-wide information, but that would most likely get the scanner banned or blocked.

I imagine it might be possible to do a full armory scan and match characters by using achievements and battle pets and other account-wide information, but that would most likely get the scanner banned or blocked.

Unfortunately, any application/code that crawls through armory records is limited to a number of requests per hour/day or something, so you won't have a very quick assessment.

I agree that being able to sort and manipulate large amounts of armory data collected directly from the website would yield some very interesting results.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3746635131

• Applications may make up to a total of 10,000 unauthenticated requests per day.
  • Applications may make up to a total of 50,000 authenticated requests per day.

• Hm, that's not terrible.

Why Tauren RP died right when they had the most interesting and poignant lore turn in their history I will never understand.

I'd like to give a shout out to Horns of the Shu'halo.

MOOOOOOOOO!
    Moo back at you!
    (Why can I not find this thread in the Ravenholdt forum list? I found it doing a search and still can't find it regularly.)

Alright, 14.4% COME MY COW FAMILY!!! Let me dress you in a proper tabard!!
    Realmpop just counts toons created on a server (mostly through AH postings, and then guildies of the posters, apparently).
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1073600-Realm-Pop-More-accurate-than-WoW-Census-could-ever-hope-to-be

That doesn't really give any meaningful population as far as I'm concerned.

Wowprogress isn't completely accurate (no one but Blizzard can be), but I believe it's much closer to the reality than a site like realmpop.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/ravenholdt
    1,340 unique (non-alt) characters with:

At least one kill of something in T16 normal
    OR
    Is in a guild with at least one kill of something in T16 normal

Here's an example of why wowprogress counts like this:
    http://www.wowprogress.com/post/147_Is_WoWProgress_Population_Data_a_Fiction%3F

There must be some sort of accounting for players who don't fit either of the above conditions (pvp'ers, Flex/LFR only types, etc...). I'd personally guess that might double-triple the 1,340 number. Heck, why not quadruple... it's possible. However, that's certainly nowhere near the 60,000-100,000+ numbers I see bandied about for realms such as ours.

My personal guess is Ravenholdt has approximately 2,000-2,500 unique and currently active players.

*glomps Candela*

Gurl, where you been?!

*glomps Candela*

Gurl, where you been?!

The thread's almost exactly a year old.