Paladin buffs... and a Holy Nerf

Paladin
Very happy with this change.
01/15/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Jimini
I get locked down and cc'd chained in every fight I have we have the least amount of cc (holy) in this game . Thanks for helping me deciede which game i will be subscribing too blizz pvp damage nerf for holy now this and all I see is the classes that lock me down getting more dps and self heals done with this ish.
After cleaning the blood from my eyes, I managed to read your complaint. Trinket to get out of CCs, bubble if you need to, BoP removes fear, speed boost to get away from melee. Stack Illuminated Healing on yourself during your bubble so that you don't get hit quite as hard after it goes down.
01/15/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Jimini
I get locked down and cc'd chained in every fight I have we have the least amount of cc (holy) in this game . Thanks for helping me deciede which game i will be subscribing too blizz pvp damage nerf for holy now this and all I see is the classes that lock me down getting more dps and self heals done with this ish.

"Hey guys i'm going to peel these 2 mongoloid monks (soon to be a thing) lemme just cast my 2sec cast (3 while taking melee damage) aoe peel."

"Interrupted - blown up"

"crap"
The Blinding Light change makes me wonder whether they think these nerfs through or pick them up from a random pile of things that can be nerfed.
I think Ret may actually be okay after this. Many kisses shall be blown to GC.
01/14/2013 11:57 PMPosted by Fabio
Now, what happens if a pally is being tunneled by two dps? "Oh, I'm going to hard cast this HOLY CC"

01/15/2013 02:36 AMPosted by Covahredro
Learn to juke and when to juke (the when part is the most important trust me. Here's a tip, don't start juking when you need to cast, but just before you need to. timing is critical as is a little foresight) Plus you can always use Devotion Aura. All this change means is a little less herp derp and little more skill.

No you do not get to say this. Juking for heals is already hard enough with all the kicks, stuns and instant CC. GL trying to juke for another ability.

I dont mean to sound elitist but those of you who do NOT play at high ratings should not be saying things like this, the meta game is not about juking anymore. I am so tired of things getting nerfed bc "lower level" players can not see how to stop an obv incoming cc.
No, druids do not juke as often due to majority of their heals being instant cast hots and NS for bigger heals.

Shamans are same deal they have alot of passive healing with totems and like druids they have NS aswell. When shamans need to hard cast they simply ask for a peel and will top themselves off from 30% with one heal sometimes bc of their mastery. Some may say why cant pallies simply ask for a peel??? or why dont you just use one of your instant heals?

I really don't want to get into it but if people need a detailed explanation of these things i will.
I knew the whole juke thing would come up, but it is irrelevant.

First of all, juking is mainly for when you have one person on you. Blinding light was a defensive ability when you had more than one on you.

The idea that you can juke two people to burn their interrupt is ridiculous. Oh you will try to juke one, and then hope you can sneak a heal in. Despite what many people say about out instant heals, you are going to need more than instants if two people are on you. Any casts risked will be for the guaranteed payoff of healing not something that can be trinked, dispelled, or broken by splash damage.

So juking if for one person. If you are trying to CC this one person you sure aren't going to use blinding light. You are going to use repentance. Repentance is going to be 1.7 sec cast, BL is 1.8. Repentance is 30 y range targeted. BL is melee ranged aoe they can step out of.
BL will execute if the person LOS, repentance will fail cast and not be wasted. And finally the CD for BL is alot longer than repentance.

- You aren't going to juke and cast BL with more than one on you.
- When you have one on you and you juke to CC, you aren't goign to cast BL then either.
- BL will almost exclusively used to extend CC chains.

- Blinding Light has a 1.8 sec cast for Holy only. We think Holy's CC chains are too strong at the moment,

- Says CC chains are too strong

- Removes ability to use this effectively as a defensive maneuver ensuring CD is available

- Guarantees that the long cast CC will only be used for extending the CC chain of someone already CC'd

- Seems legit
They also increased the cast time of repent. :D trolol
I liked my Blinding Light instant cast when I had a warrior on my back and my arena partner was CCed… It was probably my favorite defensive tools, saving my bubble for the « oh !@#$ » moments
Yeah, I was just making sure I was reading the patch notes right.