PvP Arms gemming and stat priority questions

Warrior
Ok forgive my ignorance but I'm not a number cruncher and have been absent from WoW since Armor Penitration was king in WotLK. I mainly just random BG and am working on getting into some low rating Arenas here soon.

Anyways I have a few questions about gemming. Is it more benificial to gem Resilience over PvP Power with the mixed gems, i.e. 80 str + 160 resil. Or 80 str + 160 Pvp power? When do we start to see diminishing returns on Resilience and PvP Power stats?

Also with the added 5% bonus to Strength stat how much better does PvP Power stack?

And PvP Power does not affect our Second Wind heal correct?
I'm wondering whether it's more beneficial to stack resil or pvp power myself, been told both by diff people.

And no pvp power doesn't affect second wind.
01/10/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Fiftyfive
I'm wondering whether it's more beneficial to stack resil or pvp power myself, been told both by diff people.

I've always leaned more to kill quickly and die fast but with the up coming changes to Defensive Stance I'm guessing Resilience stacking will favor better and allow us more time in more Rage friendly stances.
What I've read and my experience is as follows:

1) PVP Power

Always, and max it. 320 in every blue or prismatic slot. And, on pieces where the socket bonus is weak (say 60 resiliance) but it isn't blue, I do blue because its better overall. You want your PVP power over 50% as a minimum, top arms wars are over 60%.

2) PVP Resiliance

And I always go for PVP Power + PVP Resilance gems (not PVP Res + other stat of any kind). In yellow slots you can pop the 320 res gem. In slots that allow the 160 res + 160 pow, that is a good choice.

3) Strength

Just as a filler, sometimes a red slot does well with 80 str + 160 pvp power. This is a good choice if the socket bonus is strong too. If the socket bonus is not, then I'd go blue pvp power.

My personal target is 60% pvp power and 60% pvp res. I'm close and I still have a ton of gear upgrades to get, so I think I will clear that easily in a few weeks.
What I've read and my experience is as follows:

1) PVP Power

Always, and max it. 320 in every blue or prismatic slot. And, on pieces where the socket bonus is weak (say 60 resiliance) but it isn't blue, I do blue because its better overall. You want your PVP power over 50% as a minimum, top arms wars are over 60%.

2) PVP Resiliance

And I always go for PVP Power + PVP Resilance gems (not PVP Res + other stat of any kind). In yellow slots you can pop the 320 res gem. In slots that allow the 160 res + 160 pow, that is a good choice.

3) Strength

Just as a filler, sometimes a red slot does well with 80 str + 160 pvp power. This is a good choice if the socket bonus is strong too. If the socket bonus is not, then I'd go blue pvp power.

My personal target is 60% pvp power and 60% pvp res. I'm close and I still have a ton of gear upgrades to get, so I think I will clear that easily in a few weeks.

Hi! As this guy said there are multiple options, but i'd say do not stack pvp power but pvp resilience! It scales much greater and the stats weight are much higher. It takes 2+ pvp power to equal 1 resilient point, I would recommend stacking resilience wherever you can! As resilience gets even higher in future patches it's value will be even higher compared to pvp power which doesn't scale!
There's no "right" answer. The comp you play with and how often you are focused plays a very large part in the decision.

That said, Power is always what I gem for. While Resil is nice, it only helps you out if you're being focused. If you're not, then it's a worthless stat. Power, on the other hand, is something you ALWAYS want because there is never a time you're not trying to kill your opponent.
There's no "right" answer. The comp you play with and how often you are focused plays a very large part in the decision.

That said, Power is always what I gem for. While Resil is nice, it only helps you out if you're being focused. If you're not, then it's a worthless stat. Power, on the other hand, is something you ALWAYS want because there is never a time you're not trying to kill your opponent.

It's true but resilience has 2x+ better value than pvp power, so it's often the better stat to gem! I think (not fully sure) once we hit like 70%+ it will maybe take 3 pvp power to equal 1 resil as resil continues to scale away! There is a nice graph and sticky explaining how the values work in battleground forums i believe.
Would u take pvp power over strength? I have a hard time passing up the opportunity to put 160 str. in a red gem.
If you're running with a good Healer, PvP Power. The faster you can kill, the less of a drain on his Mana you are.