Monk gear help for Tanking

Monk
I have been out of the game too long to know how to give advice to my sister. Last time I played Monk did not exist, I needed 400 something defense so I do not get crit or something while paying 1000 gold for duel spec.

So sorry for my noob post but I have no idea what to say to help her better. She was upset that a random voted her out for “can’t tank” after winning some leather gear that is seen as “not tanking gear” because it has agility on it? So my simple question is what should she “need” on so she does not get the “OMG you needed on Agility gear!” Though I am not sure what the big deal was since we are new and trying to improve our characters. (I am actually dead scared of lotting need on anything because of this but I think it is easier for me to know what I can lot on or not)
The people who booted her were obviously trolls. I'm sure they knew monk tanks need agility gear, hell they even use dps trinkets. They might of been upset with the way she was tanking could be my only guess. Or you just fell into a bad crowd, but hey she got her loot at least.
My advice:

Put those idiots on ignore and requeue for the next dungeon.

Being a tank gets you in right away anyway.

And that way you will never be grouped with them idiots again. Ever.
Link to your sister's character so we can see the real reason they kicked her, if there was one and they weren't just trolling.
Monks are Agility/Hate/Crit tanks, roll on all the rogue gears, ALL OF IT!
01/12/2013 04:55 AMPosted by Otozureru
Link to your sister's character so we can see the real reason they kicked her, if there was one and they weren't just trolling.

I am not sure how to do that and I think I’ll be putting her on the spot anyway so I feel bad if I did. It was gear from Wailing Caverns. I think it had something to do with set bonus.

For her taking I am her healer so this is what I do. I use riptide every time it is up going down the list so I do not have to worry about the damage dealers. Then it lets me to focus on her using healing serge. Sometimes I OCD about keeping everyone at full health so if someone gets hit once and my riptide is not up ill healing serge them.

A few times in that run people attacked different targets so I had to healing serge other people more. They even started out without her so I was left with healing pets too. I wonder if that is common I wished they said something about me doing it XD

One person even died that run because people ran into 3 different directions so I was left with healing everyone for a moment. The other members said something about jumping down while my sis was still on top killing something. They dropped down without her so some people fought on the bottom with me and sis on the top. One of the damage deals ran out of range and I was not going to chance them down trying to keep 2-3 people up =/
I told her on my war it was easier to deal with because of thunderclap and charge unexpected links. I gave her one example how something expected attacked me and I had to tell her it was there. So I just told her try keep aware what is going on around us.

Overall I think we are doing fine with her tank and me healer. She died once on a different run because I was in a small panic if I could need something and that same run she died, I died at the very end after the boss was dead =/. That run was in shaddowfang keep.

01/12/2013 05:09 AMPosted by Forcette
Monks are Agility/Hate/Crit tanks, roll on all the rogue gears, ALL OF IT!

Thanks to you and everyone else telling me agility is ok, ill be sure to let her know XD
01/12/2013 01:37 AMPosted by Reflëct
The people who booted her were obviously trolls. I'm sure they knew monk tanks need agility gear, hell they even use dps trinkets. They might of been upset with the way she was tanking could be my only guess. Or you just fell into a bad crowd, but hey she got her loot at least.

I think you are right in a way. She did say maybe they where jealous and now I think about it maybe they where just jealous/upset she won 2 of the armor pieces.
There are two types of leather:

Agility leather
Int leather.

If you are a tank, you take the agility leather and laugh at the rogue/feral druid that calls you names.
There are two types of leather:

Agility leather
Int leather.

If you are a tank, you take the agility leather and laugh at the rogue/feral druid that calls you names.

Ohhh I never thought if it that way. So I lot on Int and she lots on agility and if anyone gives us trouble then >.>
I have been out of the game too long to know how to give advice to my sister. Last time I played Monk did not exist, I needed 400 something defense so I do not get crit or something while paying 1000 gold for duel spec.

So sorry for my noob post but I have no idea what to say to help her better. She was upset that a random voted her out for “can’t tank” after winning some leather gear that is seen as “not tanking gear” because it has agility on it? So my simple question is what should she “need” on so she does not get the “OMG you needed on Agility gear!” Though I am not sure what the big deal was since we are new and trying to improve our characters. (I am actually dead scared of lotting need on anything because of this but I think it is easier for me to know what I can lot on or not)

Dear Mr. Guy There,

If you roll with a tank in a random, you are the boss. Roll need on everything you need. If you get kicked, just requeue because you have no queue times. Pretty certain the group that kicked your tank were just griefing though. Just write down their names...you'll see them again. Fire up your own vote.
Oh I am the healer, my sister is the tank XD
you are doing nothing wrong gear is gear and it is just a game. report the people that call you names as you laugh at them, then walk away proud with the leather gear you won. now as for shamans you can laugh a little at your sis when you get mail and she has to stay leather... :(
I don't laugh at her, it is more like "You know you can need that for your healer off spec, no one else needs it, not even me" I remember giving her the staff I won because it was not much better then the dagger I had and shield. That was a bit before we got BoA hammers though.