disruptron

Achievements
dear blizzard..... if you care about the well being of any player who can feel rage and anger.. please PLEASE delete the middle cannon, or make it CC able, mabye, if u dmg it it stops firing.. or mabye, make it so disruptron doesnt CAMP it below 35% when u need to zerg.. for the love of every !@#$ing person on this plannet PLEASE blizzard i beg you
It's possible. If anything don't allow players to levitate -_-

But I agree, the middle cannon being gone would help a TON in that fight. Or at the very least make the orb spawns the same location/directions like with the other 4 turrets
Yeah, I don't think Disruptron is favorable for melee at all. Ranged have a sweet spot they can stand in where none of the cannon blasts will hit them and they barely have to move for when the lasers intersect at a bad point.
How does that possible for a melee to fight when boss walking around mid and mid cannons activated?
I have put some attempts in on him and I havent run into a enrage timers problem yet. Cant get that far without dieing to a lazer that I appear to clear but take full dmg from. The fight is terrible for randomness, I can have periods of 5-10 seconds of no uptime on the boss. This is a big problem for melee vs ranged.
I agree with everybody that hates this boss, its frusturating. It seems like no matter how good you do, you always get screwed over by beam or ball that you think you cleared.
I agree to this, lag is too much of an influence in this fight, if I clear the laser on my screen, it shouldn't hit me right? No, I had to learn that lag is influence so I jump way early and actually land in the laser to avoid it, and balls hit me from ten yards away. The lag either needs to be fixed for this fight, the middle phaser removed, or he needs to stop running around all over the place and making me have to chase him, which by the way is a big slap in the face to melee. This fight is impossible, statistics say 1808 deaths to 8 wins. EIGHT WINS. The rest are 1000 to 50 at least, this should tell you something blizzard. Even people who do it right get screwed when he turns them all on. I've attempted this fight at least 70 odd times now, I've never seen anyone beat him, lots of people try. By the odds of the other fights and doing mechanics correctly, I or they should have won by now, but no, lag screws anyone over when he turns them all on.
I'm not sure if "numbers" is server or battlegroup but for the rare bosses
Epicus Maximus is 1060-27
Disruptron is 1915-8
milhouse manastorm is 956-29
zen'shar is 835-50
thats player deaths to boss kill ratio.

hint hint blizz one fight is more to the extrem then the rest
I'm not sure if "numbers" is server or battlegroup but for the rare bosses
Epicus Maximus is 1060-27
Disruptron is 1915-8
milhouse manastorm is 956-29
zen'shar is 835-50
thats player deaths to boss kill ratio.

hint hint blizz one fight is more to the extrem then the rest

Blizzard doesn't necessarily want all the rank 8 bosses to be of equal difficulty. With gear, the fights will be easier and easier so I doubt you will see any significant nerfs to any of the fights. Perhaps an adjustment to the floor so that lazers are easier to jump over.
Blizzard doesn't necessarily want all the rank 8 bosses to be of equal difficulty. With gear, the fights will be easier and easier so I doubt you will see any significant nerfs to any of the fights. Perhaps an adjustment to the floor so that lazers are easier to jump over.
fixing the laser collision isnt a nerf is a bug fix
After the announcement of new bosses coming in 5.3 I decided to go back and try this for a few hours tonight. Disruptron was the last boss I needed for the achievement and after a few frustrating hours I was able to kill him as melee.

The middle turret occasionally fires invisible discs which is annoying and other times he'll just path onto the grates and stay there for a majority of the fight making it near impossible to jump over the beams (horde side). Not sure why these bugs still exist and even though it felt great to kill him the frustration isn't worth it.
Dear Blizzard, delete the middle cannon - All melee ever
Is there a bug with the orbs? I cannot see them at all, so I usually end up dying to nothing.
After the announcement of new bosses coming in 5.3 I decided to go back and try this for a few hours tonight. Disruptron was the last boss I needed for the achievement and after a few frustrating hours I was able to kill him as melee.

Were you spec'd Shurkien Toss?
Because every rogue I know who has killed him uses it as filler.
Disruptron can be easily killed by a mage, it's fine.

-Ghostcrawler
Nearly impossible as horde melee but -barely- doable if you win the dice roll on every jump. Even off the grates you can still get clipped just because the game hated you more than normal for a second. I think enhancement has the easiest out of all the melee because of pets and becoming temporarily ranged.

Really needs to have the bugged grate fixed. Even with the crapshoot of jumping the beams it would be MUCH easier if you could use 50% of the floor. I don't think it's been blue post acknowledged yet.
This fight... Is silly.

Fkn needs a fix
04/29/2013 12:10 AMPosted by Potsu
With gear, the fights will be easier and easier

Except the part where Disruptron has a soft enrage and just starts crapping balls out everywhere when he's at like 20%. Unless you're doing that 20% in 2-3 globals, you're dead as melee. Especially if he's right next to that middle cannon.
05/06/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Vex
With gear, the fights will be easier and easier

Except the part where Disruptron has a soft enrage and just starts crapping balls out everywhere when he's at like 20%. Unless you're doing that 20% in 2-3 globals, you're dead as melee. Especially if he's right next to that middle cannon.

Its actually 35% where the crazy mode phase happens. You get the option of run around and get virtually no boss uptime unless you have something like shuriken toss, or hope you get absurdly lucky on both where the boss decides to stand and where the shots are fired.