Potential Transfers Check Here for Raid Times

Aerie Peak
<Dragons Brethren>[A]{10}
Sat: 2:30-5:30+ PM
Sun: 2:30-5:30+ PM

We only require people to have the 3 hours open for raid, but often go longer when we can.

Edited to include you nuggets. Also removed Uprising.
Chaingirl, what presence do you tank in? Dur.. I know, blood presence is the usual. I just wondered if you use blood presence because I was in lfr with you once and your dps was outstanding as a tank!
He tanks in DPS gear, lol..
This I can see on the profile.. but I wanted to check about presence...
This I can see on the profile.. but I wanted to check about presence...

If you carefully read the tooltips of all your presences, you'll notice that you gain absolutely nothing from frost or unholy presence.

Blood Presence: 20% rune regen
Frost Presence: 20% RP gen + LOSE ALL VENGEANCE
Unholy: Attack speed increase, 10% Rune Regen + LOSE ALL VENGEANCE

That whole lose all vengeance thing really needs to be in the tooltips, but it isn't.

On fights with legitimate damage (or ones where I know I won't be killed by spamming /sit to get crit) I might have around 14% vengeance at all times, 14% of my buffed hp of around 750k is like what, 105k AP? So lets rewrite that blood presence one

Blood Presence: 20% Rune Regen + Aburd amounts of AP.

More obvious now amirite?

The trick to doing more dmg is just to abuse the broken system- and to be aware that while heart strike and blood boil pretty much did the same dmg in t14, making Heart Strike useless, Heart Strike scales better against <= 3 targets with your weapon. Try only using BB when they're free or to refresh ur dots, or against a bajillion targets.

Tips for system abuse
1) Massive oversight on our dps tier- these bonuses also work for tanking
2) Haste increases your rune regen and Parry/Dodge have horrible DR. Pretend Parry and Dodge are undesirable stats like uhh Agility
3) Expertise always has value even over the soft cap for tanks
4) Weapon DMG is the most important thing in the world.
5) Bind a /sit macro for faster vengeance ramp-up on bosses that melee you. You'll get crit and itll be easy to heal you that early in a fight anyway.
6) 'Spamming' Death Strike is how you stay alive. Coincidentally it also is the highest damaging move in your arsenal after Soul Reaper. I wonder who designed that?

And if I wasn't terrible at this game, I'd change my talents to Runic Empowerment, which, when gamed, would increase the amount of death strikes i could do for more dmg. But I can't pay attention to that and mechanics.
Awesome, thanks for the tips! If you don't mind, could you go into a little more detail about the /sit macro? Should I just make a macro that says only that and let the boss hit me for a little bit to build vengeance before attacking?
Awesome, thanks for the tips! If you don't mind, could you go into a little more detail about the /sit macro? Should I just make a macro that says only that and let the boss hit me for a little bit to build vengeance before attacking?

make a macro that is JUST /sit, bind it to an unused key or mouse button and spam it with your rotation whenever u start tanking something until you feel you have high vengeance (10%+)
05/12/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Chaingirl

make a macro that is JUST /sit, bind it to an unused key or mouse button and spam it with your rotation whenever u start tanking something until you feel you have high vengeance (10%+)

Would not recommend this unless your healers are AMAZING.
05/12/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Miz

Its at the beginning of the fight only, or the beginniing of a tank switch only, when you have full bone shield and the dmg is the lowest its gonna be on most fights. Especially since ALL of ToT is 'lol u take more dmg the more stacks of aids you have.' Worth the risk. If you die in the beginning, its a quick wipe anyway =p.

Its at the beginning of the fight only, or the beginniing of a tank switch only, when you have full bone shield and the dmg is the lowest its gonna be on most fights. Especially since ALL of ToT is 'lol u take more dmg the more stacks of aids you have.' Worth the risk. If you die in the beginning, its a quick wipe anyway =p.

OR...

...carried by amazing healers. Just sayin'.

OR...

...carried by amazing healers. Just sayin'.

Why don't you just reroll fotm in 5.4

Cause we already have two Blood DKs.
05/14/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Miz

Cause we already have two Blood DKs.

We're not fotm. Just superior all the time.
<Àvant Garde> [A] {10}
Wednesday: 5:30-8:30 PM
Thursday: 5:30-8:30 PM
Sunday: 5:30-8:30 PM
Interesting idea about grabbing some vengeance stacks. Have to mention that to the raid group my main is with. I tank on my warrior so all I have to do to get some threat is throw vigi on the other tank. Not that i need to, my threat is usually good.

I think a lot of tanks can get away with some pieces of dps gear, but not as much as DK's. Haste means more death strikes, crit means bigger self heals. Though mastery is still much better than either. My warrior on the other had seems to do better with the "actual" tank gear, but all I do is stack mastery on him as well. I guess some haste might help rage gen, but meh, not worried about dps.
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/335073711105376256

Gettin nerfed chaingurlll
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/335073711105376256

Gettin nerfed chaingurlll

Not a nerf. WHen i top meters while tanking I'm only at 12-15% vengeance. Never even above 20. New proposed cap is 30. Good luck ever hitting that. This is just a nerf to intentionally almost dying nonstop (spamming sit and jumping up and down in purple goop), which doesnt make much sense anyway because you basically have to increase ur healing sooooo much.

Also added AVANT to the list. Should have put you last cuz of ur special char.
Not a nerf. WHen i top meters while tanking I'm only at 12-15% vengeance. Never even above 20. New proposed cap is 30. Good luck ever hitting that. This is just a nerf to intentionally almost dying nonstop (spamming sit and jumping up and down in purple goop), which doesnt make much sense anyway because you basically have to increase ur healing sooooo much.

Well that's easily reachable as bears, given we stay away from stamina normally in favour of crit n haste. (outside of 25H content ofcourse). DKs have the highest stamina multiplier i believe, so its easy to not hit that cap as a DK. On Ji-Kun, Tortos, Horridon you easily exceed those caps of 30% for 10man as an average tank.
But more importantly... your dps is still weak sauce baby :p
[quote]
But more importantly... your dps is still weak sauce baby :p

Indeed, and now because of a DPS shortage I have to actually be in dps spec, which results in me doing less dps than when I was blood, and having to watch TWO tanks do way less damage than I was.

EVERYONE IS A NUGGET
<Fatal Crisis> [A] {10}
Friday: 6:30-10pm
Saturday: 6:30-10pm
Times may change due to the fact that we are just starting out