Rare Blue JC daily confusion, help?!?!

Professions
The last 5 days i have cut 3 vermilion onyx per day, and i only have two currently learned vermilion recipes for JC.

Im confused. When I do the daily research cut, is there a 100% chance that if i cut a vermilion onyx that i will get a vermilion rare cut?

Starting to get annoyed :S
It should be giving you a vermillion cut every time you do vermillion research, you ARE doing the Vermilion Onyx research right, not the secrets of the stone? Your post isn't entirely clear what you're doing, you don't actually cut any vermilion onyx as cuts, you do the research which uses 3, you should get a Facets of Research in your bag and a message saying you have discovered something.
last 2 days I've done the research I do get the facets of research but the bags only contain precut gems no patterns. unless its autotraining the patterns I'm unaware of learning any new cuts.
01/08/2013 08:44 AMPosted by Missthing
last 2 days I've done the research I do get the facets of research but the bags only contain precut gems no patterns. unless its autotraining the patterns I'm unaware of learning any new cuts.

Look in the chat dialog. You should see a message in yellow text that informs you of the cut that you just learned.
The last 5 days i have cut 3 vermilion onyx per day, and i only have two currently learned vermilion recipes for JC.

Im confused. When I do the daily research cut, is there a 100% chance that if i cut a vermilion onyx that i will get a vermilion rare cut?

Starting to get annoyed :S

hmmm not very clear here -

Are you doing research 3 times a day total? So that would be one research with 3 uncut gems, and twice with spirits of harmony? So that would be Vermillion once a day?

Some general answers -

1. When you do the research it's hard to see, but check the chat box. It will say in yellow that you discovered 'this gem'.

2. The facets will contain random cut gems, not related to the research - so if they are a different color it doesn't matter - you still learn the correct color.

3. Research does not yield a pattern that you have to use, it teaches you a cut instantly.

4. Are you filtering your results somehow?

5. Researching a gem of a specific color will always result in learning a cut of that color UNLESS you have learned all cuts/recipes of that color - then you will learn a RANDOM cut from the other colors.

(This is awesome if you have an alchemist so you do not have to waste gems that make meta gems (Orange, Purple, Green) or you are gearing and need red, orange, and purple for your gear.

Even without Alchemy using blue gems works nicely. You learn the patterns quickly, then you learn random recipes you do not know yet - from the cheapest gems available. This is good AFTER you have learned the main gem cuts you need for yourself.