Countdown queues are the problem

Battlegrounds
Post Limit:
Prev 1 12 13 14 21 Next
You are quite the idiot.

It's easy to take a chainsaw to your word salad. Pity more people don't.

Keep whining about the loss of your rolf-stomping premades, though. It's entertaining.

good stuff. i could give you a chainsaw with a blown
chevy 350 and you'd still slap chop your attempts.

not sure why some are so confused about the many
reasons for people gathering together in this mmo.
you, the confused, grasp onto a singular idea that's
bathed in misconceptions and treat it as a holy grail.

let me tell you about 5.2 and 5.3. the premades, the
five man groups and the collections of five mans, are
going to be more prevalent because the setting will
be more favorable for them and, because of the way
the power curve is being flattened, those that derp the
battleground and forsake their teammates will be less
of a hindrance. all i can say is, hide and watch.

as to rofl stomping. lmao. it's the nature of the game.
it happens at every level of play and in every setting,
be it the world, arena, normal bg's, rated bg's... it's
the nature of the game. heck, just two nights ago i
watched reckful get wrecked. the very next battle his
team did the rofl stomping. it was very entertaining.

just last night, in AV, my partials went up against other
partials. we did some rofl stomping and we got stomped.
win ratio was just over fifty percent last night. *shrugs*

premades are not the problem. never have been.

i do wish i could help you understand, but i can't, and i'm sorry.

Cheers.
Pleb.
01/18/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Warglaive
Well said.
I agreed with him.

01/18/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Kiaransali
Pinata you make some good points and yes those factors are important, but when someone NEVER admits to being outplayed that means they lack self awareness.
01/18/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Piñata
No one's buying it, kids. Give it up and go play Call of Duty.

That's a great idea, actually. I'm not sure why such a great game is being slammed so hard all the time by folks here, but I do spend more time in CoD than Wow, because it's better, at the moment.

Premade groups there, which do exist, for those of you not terribly familiar with it, but just on the bashing bandwagon, are not so much a threat as in Wow. Balance in CoD is extremely well done.

Still waiting for Blizz to equalize; I guess they will, eventually, but Blizz's history shows that it takes them a considerable amount of time and head-bashing their bathroom walls before they get it right.

Because CSS is and always will be a billion times better then CoD though I don't like GO much; too used to old hit boxes /shrug.

Also I straight up admit there are people better then me maybe not the majority of people but a decent amount for instance most of Hey I'm MVP that didn't pay to be in the guild :D.
01/18/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Kiaransali
I agreed with him.

I didnt imply otherwise in that post.
01/18/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Piñata
What the heck is CSS?

CSS means combat service support to me.
Sometimes you were outplayed, sometimes you actually were just cheated. You can't just say that it's always being outplayed because of lack of skill, because that's not always true.

Had an interesting discussion about this the other day even. I hate things like thunderstorm, typhoon, and explosive trap in the battlegrounds with high cliffs and such. I don't think pressing those buttons makes anyone very skillful, but I do admit to being outplayed. Not so much by their amazing gameplay, but moreso my lack thereof. I kick myself everytime I don't get to the right spot right before it happens, even knowing it's going to happen. So being "outplayed" can have a lot of different meanings.

Was I outplayed by the rogue 20ilvls above me who opened on me and I had no trinket? Some say yes, some say no. This is where I think some people are perhaps a bit stubborn or prideful to admit they were beaten. I personally would say I was outplayed in that situation. He clearly worked harder for the gear, and perhaps even knew my trinket was down. Or he got lucky and mongo'd me down spamming his keys as much as he could. Either way, I died. :)
01/18/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Kiaransali
What the heck is CSS?

CSS means combat service support to me.

I think he means CounterStrike Source. It was a very popular online shooter from about 1998 until about 2005. I think some servers may still run it to this day, but I haven't played it in years.
CSS = counter strike source, and CSGO = counter strike global offensive
01/18/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Esclamayshun
So being "outplayed" can have a lot of different meanings.

Using it as an attempt to discredit complaints about premades over the appropriate limit is bogus tho.

Being outcoordinated is also potentially a direct result of the 5-limit being circumvented. Pretending it's "OK" just because they can also get outplayed by fewer isnt legitimate at all. The mechanics are circumvented - it has no bearing at all on that complaint that players lose to appropriate numbers as well. Just like it wouldn't be invalidated in any way if all the 6+ premades lost. They still have every right to point out it is inappropriate.

Are some complaints excuses? Yes. Does it invalidate ALL complaints about the issue? Not in the slightest.

If a scripted bot manages to kill an actual player on its preset path, you cannot argue that all players that are "whining" about bots are simply too proud to admit that bot contributed to the team, and are therefore wrong.
01/18/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Warglaive
Using it as an attempt to discredit complaints about premades over the appropriate limit is bogus tho.
It hasn't been used that way except to say that players often cry "premade" when they were outplayed. Some of those instances were no doubt premades, but some were no doubt pugs that just played better than they did.

That's my point... don't be so quick to blame something external for losing... always look at yourself first. When I lose it's usually very obvious why... and more often than not it's because the better team won. Now if I'm in a pug that could mean that most of my teammates were worthless for one reason or another, but we still got outplayed.
Some mage nuked me down when I was afk watching TV, it was clearly an oQ premade that killed me! BAN oQ ZOMG!!!!!111
01/18/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Kiaransali
It hasn't been used that way except to say that players often cry "premade" when they were outplayed.

And thats relevant to the issue... how? Meaningless how many are accurate, so long as some of them are.

Premades more than 5 do exist. Fact.

Your point -as always- is "you guys are bad". Maybe. But they arent WRONG. No reason to even bring it up.
Except what's always your reason.

p.s. - you forgot to slip "whiny, bad, retarded, entitled" in there this time. Weird.
And thats relevant to the issue... how? Meaningless how many are accurate, so long as some of them are.

Premades more than 5 do exist. Fact.

Your point -as always- is "you guys are bad". Maybe. But they arent WRONG. No reason to even bring it up.
Except what's always your reason.

p.s. - you forgot to slip "whiny, bad, retarded, entitled" in there this time. Weird.
Again you are just arguing for the sake of it & aren't even listening to what I am saying. They are whining in most cases... no self-analysis or consideration that maybe they just got beat by a better pug. Instead they run to the forums with tears running down their face to cry about premades. Forget the fact that they played like crap or that it may have been a pug that beat them... just blame premades. I run in organized groups to eliminate these types of players from my group & I make no apologies for it.
01/18/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Kiaransali
Again you are just arguing for the sake of it

No more than you are pointing out irrelevant "facts" for the opportunity to call posters bad. And worse.

That has nothing to do with it... each season the player base gets more whiny & more entitled. They lack self awareness, are unable to take personal responsibility & blame everything but themselves for failing. The player base mirrors society & today's kids are a selfish, entitled, whiny bunch.

^ In response to someone pointing out that it might be "easier" for you to cope with gear disparity as a mage.
Everything to do with what is a very actual disparity present this season. Right? Worst ever, from what i read.

edit- sorry, it was about CC not gear disparity. Same reality. You just popped in to call the playerbase "bad".
And drop this "outplayed" argument there as well.
01/18/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Kiaransali
In most cases you simply get outplayed but none of you entitled little brats will ever come to that conclusion.

Seems bitter.
01/18/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Warglaive
No more than you are pointing out irrelevant "facts" for the opportunity to call posters bad. And worse.
You only believe they are irrelevant because you are close-minded and refuse to accept the facts I have pointed out. That's your problem, not mine.

^ In response to someone pointing out that it might be "easier" for you to cope with gear disparity as a mage.
Everything to do with what is a very actual disparity present this season. Right? Worst ever, from what i read.
Talk about irrelevant facts... my class has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that someone failed to gear up. To even suggest that it does is just mind boggling.

01/18/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Warglaive
Seems bitter
Yea keep going with the bitter and angry mantra, even though it has zero basis in reality. You remind me very much of a poster names Exeon... he was whining about being GY camped & I told him first you need to fix your toon before you can complain about being GY camped (he completely screwed up his toon, with the wrong gems, wrong enchants, wrong reforge, etc). He blew a gasket & for months just made a complete jackass out of himself by coming into threads & making the most ignorant and baseless attacks against me. Don't be an Exeon.
01/18/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Kiaransali
You only believe they are irrelevant because you are close-minded and refuse to accept the facts I have pointed out. That's your problem, not mine.

But they arent facts. They are generalizations presented as facts. Using totally doctored "percentages".

And the thing i notice you pointing out most often in your posts is your seething hatred for the community.
Coupled with sweeping generalizations really only offered in order to give you opportunity to vent at them.

The proof is in the pudding, sister. And the pudding is blatantly bitter. But i'm guessing -
01/18/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Kiaransali
none of you entitled little brats will ever come to that conclusion.
But they arent facts. They are generalizations presented as facts. Using totally doctored "percentages".
Something that is generally true is called a trend. I have admitted there are exceptions to what I say. For example when I say the vast majority of the whiners never broke 1500 this is a trend that can easily be proven by simply counting the number of whiners that never broke 1500 vs the ones that have. You like to focus on the exceptions & say I am "manufacturing" facts, but what I am saying is true. You just don't like this particular truth.

And the thing i notice you pointing out most often in your posts is your seething hatred for the community.
Coupled with sweeping generalizations really only offered in order to give you opportunity to vent at them.

The proof is in the pudding, sister. And the pudding is blatantly bitter. But i'm guessing -
The proof is indeed in the pudding:

http://www.empoweringparents.com/blog/self-esteem/the-narcissistic-generation-college-students-say-theyre-superior-gifted/

This study is saying pretty much what I have been saying all along about the typical wow player (which in many cases is a teen or in their early 20's, like those in the survey).